News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Recent posts

National Express West Midlands / Re: Buses on loan
Last post by Twm 1990S - Today at 02:33:48 PM
4696 on 29 WA
6928 on the 9 not tracking since 12th May
Other Operators / Re: Chaserider
Last post by Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer - Today at 02:05:10 PM
The lovely Pye Green circular will have later running times from Monday the 3rd June. Last 25 leaving at 21:45 and back in for 22:12 and the last 26 which will leave at 22:12 and finish at 22:42
Rotala / Re: Preston Bus
Last post by winston - Today at 01:57:03 PM
Another used acquisition today for PB:

20191 SK67FNF WF Wright Streetlite 9.5M Daimler Euro 6

Both this & the previous DF Streetlite will be at the painters in Hucknall, Nottingham by tomorrow.
Rotala / Re: Diamond West Midlands - Ti...
Last post by winston - Today at 01:52:31 PM
Quote from: Wba_lad on Today at 10:32:24 AMYeah I seen 32296 in stone cross last night was suprised I did think what it was when I looked on bus times and seen the reg I thought I'm pretty sure that was on a warranty loan before.
It seems they've been rushed in to service, they were only acquired Monday this week. 

It was on loan for Warranty Cover via Wrightbus last time, there is a picture in my original post you quoted
Arriva / Re: Arriva's future?
Last post by winston - Today at 01:50:01 PM
Quote from: Magikrabby on Today at 12:50:24 PMArriva have proposed to close those depots: it probably will happen, but not 100% confirmed yet. Also the new 280 is seemingly only going as far as Thame, not all the way to Aylesbury.

I can't say the news about Aylesbury is a huge surprise - they have lost a lot of market share to Red over the previous years, and only operate 3 longer interurban routes currently with a PVR of less than 20. However, it will still be sad to net see any famous blue buses in Oxford anymore!

What is a bit of a surprise is the timing, with timetable changes planned for June. This suggests to me that it is a sudden upper management decision for cost-cutting purposes. I understand that Arriva was recently purchased, so I wonder if the new owners want to axe the areas that lose money?
I'm not sure whether the physical sale by DB to I Squared Capital has physically taken place yet? 

I'd say the closures are pretty certain, they're all over the Trade Press
Arriva / Re: Arriva's future?
Last post by Magikrabby - Today at 12:50:24 PM
Quote from: markcf83 on Today at 10:37:46 AMArriva have confirmed they will be pulling out of Aylesbury and Wycombe in July. I understand that Carousel is to take over the bulk of the Wycombe network and Oxford Bus is to run the direct Oxford to Aylesbury service once again and renumber it to 280, which it used to be of course. Carousel has put a statement on their website which I've just read. Hemel Hempstead will run the X5, former 500,but that'll be the only Arriva route in the Buckinghamshire county town except for the Milton Keynes service.
Arriva have proposed to close those depots: it probably will happen, but not 100% confirmed yet. Also the new 280 is seemingly only going as far as Thame, not all the way to Aylesbury.

I can't say the news about Aylesbury is a huge surprise - they have lost a lot of market share to Red over the previous years, and only operate 3 longer interurban routes currently with a PVR of less than 20. However, it will still be sad to net see any famous blue buses in Oxford anymore!

What is a bit of a surprise is the timing, with timetable changes planned for June. This suggests to me that it is a sudden upper management decision for cost-cutting purposes. I understand that Arriva was recently purchased, so I wonder if the new owners want to axe the areas that lose money?
Other Operators / Re: Chaserider
Last post by BlackCountryBusSpotter - Today at 12:37:31 PM
Quote from: Wba_lad on Today at 10:26:55 AMYes 641 had an accident not expected to be on the road anytime soon, from what I've been told it's got to wait for parts from Egypt.
Ah right makes sense was just wondering why the E200 wasn't on the 36 or 35A and then SN64CVM could have been on the 35A as I know the E200 has done the 36 before 
Quote from: Wba_lad on Today at 10:28:01 AMI don't know where fleet number 6 has come from when they don't even have a fleet number 5 yet 😂.

Also does anyone know what's happened to fleet number 1 it hasent been out for a while well ever since they got ticket machines.
Unless there was a mistake that should be the 5th veichle unless they have a fifth but not a ticket machine for it yet. It is usually this one and AS09PAN on the 19 the other two E200's haven't been out in a while on the 19 presumably there spare I think bus 1 didn't have an assault screen which is needed on the 19
First / Re: First Bus - Leicester
Last post by 47609FireFly - Today at 12:23:44 PM
Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on May 06, 2024, 07:35:07 AMWas told by a driver who I know there's 5 there now.. 2 are ready for service.. and more due this week.
It's expected that only when they all arrive will the other old DD's go starting with the E400's to Essex. Although not sure if all 8 will go or if 2 will remain (for Amazon). Streetdecks have a little longer before leaving.
So that comment aged well then... 
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk