News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: Westy on Yesterday at 01:03:29 PMSurely it would have been cheaper to put some sort of generic signage on the shelter itself?

Non service specific.
I assume it was a Marketing effort but now it is outdated 
Quote from: Danthebusman on Yesterday at 12:07:56 PME200s definitely notorious for how rattly they are, exact reason I dislike them to be honest, but they can be fast if you put your foot down, a lot of them are used here in Coventry on the 85 that goes to Rugby, I have been on a few E200s on this particular route and, except the usual rattling, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. I gotta say though I definitely prefer B7s over E200s, slightly faster acceleration, more spacious and a lot quieter.
Oh yeah the ZF's have something fitted might be the exhaust trap that makes a high pitched whistle/whine when they slow down, the 8 does allow for some foot down moments through the country roads
6882 x21/22 on the 61/63
Other Operators / Re: Carolean Coaches, Willenha...
Last post by Rachvince53 - Yesterday at 04:27:34 PM
Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on Yesterday at 12:50:21 PMAppears they have a new bus ex Vision bus YY64GWA saw it Saturday on the 19 it is Fleet Number 6. Could be Ex Igo to maybe
Yes it was once operated by igo
National Express West Midlands / Re: Vehicles seen in service, ...
Last post by Jay71 - Yesterday at 04:08:25 PM
Today. 4749 not tracking on route 80
National Express West Midlands / Re: Withdrawn Vehicles
Last post by markcf83 - Yesterday at 01:29:07 PM
Quote from: Wumpty on May 05, 2024, 02:26:41 PMScientists have said that only 2 things would survive a nuclear apocalypse - cockroaches and a Mk 2 Metrobus!
What about a MK1 Metrobus? 
General Discussion, Questions & Route Suggestions / Re: Bus Stops ?
Last post by Westy - Yesterday at 01:03:29 PM
Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on Yesterday at 09:57:48 AMSo NX are in charge of the old 10A and maybe providing the 8 Timetable
Surely it would have been cheaper to put some sort of generic signage on the shelter itself?

Non service specific.
Appears they have a new bus ex Vision bus YY64GWA saw it Saturday on the 19 it is Fleet Number 6. Could be Ex Igo to maybe
Photo Links / Re: Carolean coaches
Last post by Solo1 - Yesterday at 12:12:48 PM
2nd ex igo bus has now joined the fleet bus https://flic.kr/p/2pPvpFz
Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on May 05, 2024, 10:17:43 PMHere is my review of the B7's and E200 I rode to Lichfield and back yesterday. The first B7 was 2138 on the 34 driver drove proffesionally considering Pleck has some truly awful drivers and this time was no different, he slowed for an indescive passenger just after Darlaston who didn't signal him to stop so he carried on another passenger didn't stand at the curb and put there arm out but tried to stop him without moving before shaking there head. I heard the indicator applied and the brakes pressed not the drivers fault you didn't signal clearly. Bus didn't seem to rattle much. The B7's feel well built haven't aged much and I do prefer them to the Omnilinks because they feel more spacious as 2138 had most of it's Seats taken.

My next bus was 2123 driver was a nice guy helped some people with how to get to a Morrisons somewhere inbetween Brownhills and Lichfield, helped a lot of people who had probably not caught the 8 before to go where they needed. I was getting of at the end so I didn't need any help myself. We were a bit late due to traffic so the Driver put his foot down on the faster sections Bus didn't rattle much and for the hour I was on I sat at the back right handside I had plenty of room to move my legs I am almost 6'0 foot didn't feel my bum or legs going numb. Over one of the Canal bridges after Clayhanger It felt fun to go over. Ik B7's don't offer much to the spotter but I'm not sure but when the Driver was putting his foot down I heard a small whistle/hiss maybe a Turbo. Surprised the B7 could handle some of the narrow lanes. Must say what a nice route the 8 is I can go from Urban area to Staffordshire Countryside within minutes.

856 was my third Bus to Pelsall Fingerpost needed to use the loo. E200's do rattle but this felt nippy on the country lanes I would imagine smaller wheelbase helps, Driver didn't need to have much interaction and I can't remember much as I was chatting to a passenger and was In a state of sheer joy after watching My local football team get promoted to Step 4 of the Non League game and I was 3 pints deep and full of passion, shock and adrenaline

Fourth bus from Walsall Road the Bungalow a few stops after the Cenotaph in Pelsall as I decided to try and walk into Rushall to get another bus back into Walsall was 2143 seemed fairly busy, again does what a B7 does chatted to Darlo fans. Overall I expected to feel drained and tired after spending about 2 and half hours on buses but I wasn't the Number 8 is possibly one of the most scenic routes I have caught decent route, I dreaded an E200 at first being on one for an hour as I had planned If it wasn't for my Bladder I would have and honestly it would have been fine maybe I'll try it when I ay running on emotional joy and 3 pints.

But overall I really do like the B7's there reliable, Comfortable, Well Built have speed or a boost of power when the driver does need it. They feel spacious and still quite new and I do like the look of them and the E200 was decent to. A Voith one might have not been good as I tend to think they jolt and shudder a lot more than the ZF's I say the E200 rattled it didn't as much as some of the Voith ones which I know were slated when they first entered service
E200s definitely notorious for how rattly they are, exact reason I dislike them to be honest, but they can be fast if you put your foot down, a lot of them are used here in Coventry on the 85 that goes to Rugby, I have been on a few E200s on this particular route and, except the usual rattling, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. I gotta say though I definitely prefer B7s over E200s, slightly faster acceleration, more spacious and a lot quieter.
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk