News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RS

Quote from: karl724223 on December 15, 2015, 05:47:04 PM
think it's 866 Rta damage and there's a mmc of the rd away Rta damage
Pretty Sure I seen 866 yesterday on the 243
London Euston

Tony

Quote from: RS on December 15, 2015, 05:57:46 PM
Pretty Sure I seen 866 yesterday on the 243

866 is back at PN. I cannot see an E200 missing at the moment

Trident 4194

I think all e200s are present, but being put on random routes

winston

Quote from: Tony on December 15, 2015, 06:03:54 PM
866 is back at PN. I cannot see an E200 missing at the moment

This would have been about 1.30pm, so could have just been visiting the Renault/MAN dealer

Solo1

Any news on the street deck that Pensnett r having

The 25th I wonder how Santa will fit a streetdeck on his sleigh, or how it's gona fit down the chimney.

Stuharris 6360

Knowing NE the plans have probably changed by now!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

don

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 17, 2015, 05:16:49 PM
Any year been mentioned?  ;) ;) ;)

I'm astonished frankly - that interior photo seemed to show the vehicle well advanced - unless it was a spoof shot.

I had thought of a few theoretical ideas for the delay:-

1) NX can't decide which front to have put on it
2) Preparations and publicity (presuming it's the chiselled jaw version), to avoid hordes of young children who might come into contact with the 9 route including issue with blindfolds to avoid being traumatised by its monstrous looks
3) ADL might like to delay its entry into service as long as possible to avoid demonstration of a more favourable fuel consumption, running costs and reliability than its own products - so might threaten  legal action because they thought they had an exclusive supply deal with NX
4) NX have decided to have it built as a hybrid, thus extending the build time

All joking aside I saw one of Metrobuses WHV class glide away from traffic lights at close quarters today and up a steep incline - it was seemingly effortless, very quiet and extremely quick. Having traveled on two Brighton and Hove ones from Eastbourne to Brighton and back, they are very comfortable vehicles - at least on the top deck. One of them was free of creaks and rattles and motored along at 60 mph very nicely - the other had a surprising amount of very irritating rattles.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

T840MAK

Quote from: don on December 18, 2015, 01:11:51 AM
I'm astonished frankly - that interior photo seemed to show the vehicle well advanced - unless it was a spoof shot.

I had thought of a few theoretical ideas for the delay:-

1) NX can't decide which front to have put on it
2) Preparations and publicity (presuming it's the chiselled jaw version), to avoid hordes of young children who might come into contact with the 9 route including issue with blindfolds to avoid being traumatised by its monstrous looks
3) ADL might like to delay its entry into service as long as possible to avoid demonstration of a more favourable fuel consumption, running costs and reliability than its own products - so might threaten  legal action because they thought they had an exclusive supply deal with NX
4) NX have decided to have it built as a hybrid, thus extending the build time

All joking aside I saw one of Metrobuses WHV class glide away from traffic lights at close quarters today and up a steep incline - it was seemingly effortless, very quiet and extremely quick. Having traveled on two Brighton and Hove ones from Eastbourne to Brighton and back, they are very comfortable vehicles - at least on the top deck. One of them was free of creaks and rattles and motored along at 60 mph very nicely - the other had a surprising amount of very irritating rattles.

I think its just simply Wrights being behind. First Rotherham still haven't got all 22 of theirs - which were all meant to have been in service by November.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

don

Quote from: T840MAK on December 18, 2015, 10:52:47 AM
I think its just simply Wrights being behind. First Rotherham still haven't got all 22 of theirs - which were all meant to have been in service by November.

Yeah probably - I always wondered whether the volume of work building London specials would affect Wright's production.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on December 18, 2015, 11:40:36 PM
Yeah probably - I always wondered whether the volume of work building London specials would affect Wright's production.

Wrights are most likely up against it delivering sufficient Streetlites to the likes of First to meet DDA as top priority

Trident 4194

At least 1 trident on 9.
2 mmcs on 141/241/140

Trident 4609

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 21, 2015, 11:40:35 AM
At least 1 trident on 9.
2 mmcs on 141/241/140

Is there really much need to post these? Tridents are obviously second choice type for the 9 if an MMC is not avaliable. Spare MMC's are usually used on the 140/141/241 circuit. Being a Saturday service, there is bound to be several of MMC's on here. Much of the posts on this thread are either reports of Tridents and B7's on the 9 or MMC's and B7's on the 140/1/241

The Trident is 4425 btw

As Karl would say, its a Pensnett Bus on a Pensnett route.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk