News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Surprising changes commencing 30th August 2020

Started by Steve3229vp, August 18, 2020, 11:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

X1 will be every 15 minutes to Airport and every 30 minutes to Coventry, the X2 increased to every 15 minutes both services every 7-8 minutes

X12 revised to serve Birmingham Business Park, X70 will have additional buses to Newport Road giving a bus every 20 minutes (every 30 minutes on Sundays) both services every 10 minutes to Bromford and Castle Bromwich (every 15 minutes on Sundays).

the trainbasher

The X1/2 isn't really surprising tbf. I was half expecting it to go back to how it was pre the every 20 coventry

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

monkeyjoe

x12 / x70 changes . Fair play its about time they sorted out the timetables of those routes always running in twos with 20 mins gaps etc. I was actually about to ask if people thought those routes had been a success since introduction.  About time for once i am giving praise.

monkeyjoe

Thinking about it, is this to do with the Government giving funding so social distancing can be implemented? Or are these just progressive changes as services getting increased passenger nunbers, which would have happened with or without social distancing?

Stevo

When I was waiting for the X12 at Bham International recently an X1 for Coventry came in showing bus full due to social distancing but as passengers left it changed to normal display. But I wonder if a half hourly service on to Coventry would be able to do that or would still show 'full'.

MasterPlan

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 19, 2020, 10:31:17 AM
Thinking about it, is this to do with the Government giving funding so social distancing can be implemented? Or are these just progressive changes as services getting increased passenger nunbers, which would have happened with or without social distancing?

I reckon it is a social distancing thing to be honest. There'll probably be more services effected in the same way in the coming weeks.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Kevin

Realistically, a 20 minute service to the Airport has never been enough. Either the Birmingham end has to make do with overcrowding on 3 buses an hour or it has 4 and the Coventry has to make do with just 2. You do feel there must have been a reason why they changed it to every 20 all the way through but I've never really seen it busy enough to warrant it in the "before" times
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

ellspurs

I'm sorry to not be as positive as others on here, but this now means that the journey from Smith's Wood to Solihull is nearly an hour.

Has something happened at the Business Park to warrant this increase in buses? The Interchange HS2 station isn't due to be opened for years.

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on August 19, 2020, 03:03:18 PM
I'm sorry to not be as positive as others on here, but this now means that the journey from Smith's Wood to Solihull is nearly an hour.

Has something happened at the Business Park to warrant this increase in buses? The Interchange HS2 station isn't due to be opened for years.

I wonder if this will coincide with the withdrawal or scaling back of the 75 service. The X12 will continue to use double decks, so I presume there have been capacity concerns with the vehicles presently used on the 75.

If the schools reopen in September, I also presume more workers will be returning to work. I'm sure I saw something a while back about how BBP was one of these places encouraging workers to take up public transport or cycling to work.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on August 19, 2020, 03:30:45 PM
If the schools reopen in September, I also presume more workers will be returning to work. I'm sure I saw something a while back about how BBP was one of these places encouraging workers to take up public transport or cycling to work.
Whats usage like on the X12/X70? Is there demand for an every 10 minute service to Bromford Drive and Chippefield Road. Otherwise I wander if it would make sense to run some direct via Bromford Road maybe?

They will be reopening it seems @Stu, as I notice timetables for a lot of school services are on the NX Website now. Also notice the X2 has extensions to replace the 876.
BC 70 school service isn't showing as running from September 2020, and notice X70 has an 07:50 journey timetabled where that route would have ran I believe. So looks like that route might have been scrapped.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

bususer28

Quote from: ellspurs on August 19, 2020, 03:03:18 PM

It will only take an extra 4 mins so I don't think it will make that much of a difference.

monkeyjoe

Looks like most timetables are changing from the date post summer, wonder if explanations will be posted on their NXWM site towards the weekend.

Steve3229vp

bususer28

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 19, 2020, 04:59:23 PM
Looks like most timetables are changing from the date post summer, wonder if explanations will be posted on their NXWM site towards the weekend.
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/timetable-changes-in-birmingham-the-black-country-from-30th-august-2020
This new X529 also looks good. Journey times should be really quick now.

bususer28

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk