News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Oddities, defects, faults - things wrong with NX vehicles (Reports Only/No Comments)

Started by Ashley 60171, January 16, 2016, 11:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: Mike K on January 24, 2016, 05:14:08 PM
At a guess, so that it can be evaluated on a challenging route and against standard E400 MMCs. Only the 9 and 50 have standard Crimson MMCs and I think it's recognised that the 9 is a demanding route in terms of its terrain, length of time buses are out in service etc.

Please let's not get into another 'PN is the best garage' argument. It's one of the reasons why the smallest garage has a thread that's longer than War and Peace.

Edit - smallest other than BY

Just read this post. Officially, WN are the best garage. Well 'Garage of the Year'

busboy31

Hold on a minute! 4950 has last year's price branding on the sides except the front.

CL

Not sure if this is a one off, but 4445's rear hazards are out of sync.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Squiz1971

4499's front fleet number is under the windscreen and in a black font instead of white. Not sure if this has previously been mentioned apologies if it has

Tony

All the things so far listed have now been passed to relevant people to correct.

National Express are watching for comments, and the Head of Customer experience wants the fleet looking as good as it can. This does not mean suddenly repainting all the tatty buses, or equally being able to retrim all those still with blue seats, although that is being worked on as well, but if you see any of these things

- missing logos
- wrong seat moquette
- wrong coloured seat backs or seat grab handles
- old peeling stickers
- incorrect prices being advertised
- missing fleet numbers
- missing route branding

or anything else that makes the fleet 'non-uniform' or just plain 'wrong'

List it on here and the company will correct it where possible

Trident 4609

Thanks for that Tony. Here's one that has been the same for a while. 5416 is missing its rear downstairs branding after accident repairs.  The branding was never reapplied

4547 has a missing fleetnumber above the windscreen

6109 and several other PN MMC's i've noticed have part of their rear branding missing. A handful of YW's i have noticed being the same too. Whether that has been rectified, i'm not sure. Chances are they have.

Hope these help.

Mike K

On the subject of missing branding, there are a number of BC hybrids with various parts of logos / branding missing.

Off the top of my head, 5504, 5507, 5509, 5515 and 5516 are all missing windscreen hybrid or Harborne branding logos from the upper windscreens. 5504 (I think), 5506, and 5516 have lost branding and logos to the rear bonnets, in some cases following accident damage.

Appreciate these are all panels and areas of glass that are prone to damage and replacement.

Stuharris 6360

@Tony 4192 is missing driver side fleet numbers and 4350s driver side fleet numbers could do with changing to ones which are the correct size.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

What about on geminis where there's a 50/50 moquette
@Nathan I don't mind the missing branding on 6109, you can see out the rear which is very useful

Quote from: 2206 on February 23, 2016, 07:16:52 PM
Noticed today that the front 2 seats on the right of 4071s upper deck have the TWM moquette.
Those two seats also have grey seat backs instead of the usual blue seat backs.
4039 also has a grey seat back
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack6101

Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

karl724223

Quote from: Tony on February 24, 2016, 02:09:36 PM
All the things so far listed have now been passed to relevant people to correct.

National Express are watching for comments, and the Head of Customer experience wants the fleet looking as good as it can. This does not mean suddenly repainting all the tatty buses, or equally being able to retrim all those still with blue seats, although that is being worked on as well, but if you see any of these things

- missing logos
- wrong seat moquette
- wrong coloured seat backs or seat grab handles
- old peeling stickers
- incorrect prices being advertised
- missing fleet numbers
- missing route branding

or anything else that makes the fleet 'non-uniform' or just plain 'wrong'

List it on here and the company will correct it where possible
can you get him to sort out the blinds on the l e d tridents at pn where the bottom scrolling blind is unreadable  I'm fed up of booking them of and nothing done

Trident 4194

Tbf I like having oddities in a fleet, brings uniqueness, soon we will have no uniqueness by the sounds of it😢

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 24, 2016, 04:14:10 PM
What about on geminis where there's a 50/50 moquette
The AG Gemini? They are currently being repainted into Crimson and being refurbrished
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack6101

Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk