News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Where could I photographh 1548 Mercedes in withdrawn compound?

Started by t.w.moore, February 12, 2015, 07:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t.w.moore

I understand Coventry's Merc 0405 1548 is in a compound of withdrawn buses in Birmingham. Would like to photograph the bus awaiting the scrappers to tow it away, its not mobile, I was told its engine has been transferred for further use. I understand this withdrawn storage area is at a  Birmingham depot on the 51 bus service route. Anyone know where it is and is it possible to photograph it in this compound or from outside looking in. I have prepared a page of pictures in my album on 1548's time at Coventry, it would be that last picture. 

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

D10

Quote from: NXDom on February 14, 2015, 11:31:40 AM
Are you allowed in miller street?

Well it is private property so the general  public aren't allowed in. If 1548 is close to the street then it is possible that a picture could be obtained from the public highway.

Gareth

Some of the best views can be seen on the adjacent Moorsom Street where the scrap line can be seen.

t.w.moore

t.w.moore

Not alorra luck at the Miller St site today, I circulated the whole site, looking through every gap but never see 1548, there were some ex Coventry 0.405s hidden  and viewed through tiny gaps between the buses including 1605... now thats been there a long time. The only picture I did was Merc 0405 T673 FOB and two Volvo/Wright Cusaders, R558 XDA and R591YON still looking whole,  front views behind fencing. I was there to photograph Mike de Courcey's depot and to include at least one, two or even three National coaches.. there were none. I was told.."Come back tonight",but it will be pitch black!"

Returning to the city centre by bus I was diassapointed not to see the ex Coventry Scania Omnilinks, I spent sometime photographing including new Arriva and B'ham Enviros and the Green Electric deckers, Johnsons of Henley in Arden buses and more.

Are the ex Coventry Omnilinks still at Perry Bar or have they been shifted to Wolverhampton? Does anyone know?.

Gareth

I tend to see most of a the ex Cov Omnilinks on the 66. Maybe they were all put on the 28 today.

horsencart

Here it is https://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/16707843616/   the fact that it  has been moved fro its position   can only mean one of two things, either it will be sold on to an independent operator  or and I think that this is more likely  that sometime in the future  the bus will be making its way to Barnsley     

Tony

Quote from: horsencart on March 06, 2015, 03:06:25 PM
Here it is https://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/16707843616/   the fact that it  has been moved fro its position   can only mean one of two things, either it will be sold on to an independent operator  or and I think that this is more likely  that sometime in the future  the bus will be making its way to Barnsley     

Or it was blocking in one of the buses that left for Barnsley last week! Same as it is currently blocking more PVS bound buses in, so expect it to move again

D10

Quote from: horsencart on March 06, 2015, 03:06:25 PM

Can't recall any of these Mercs passing to another operator, so the one way trip to Barnsley seems most likely.  :(

t.w.moore

Thanks for help, I have been three times now, all around the Miller St site, but have never seen 1548. If there's anyone with a very recent sighting I would be greatful to hear and visit again this coming week.

Tony

Quote from: t.w.moore on March 07, 2015, 09:30:32 AM
Thanks for help, I have been three times now, all around the Miller St site, but have never seen 1548. If there's anyone with a very recent sighting I would be greatful to hear and visit again this coming week.

It has been easily photographable for the last 10 days as horsencart showed in yesterday's post. Why do you need any more info

t.w.moore

I asked again because intended to go on Monday, yesterday,the 9th. It is a 25 mile trip on bus, train and bus to get there. It was sucessful and I photographed 1548 in the compound, which had been rearranged since my last visit. I have emailed acouple of pics for the forum.

Tara4352

Sorry about going off topic but where is Newton row where miller street is is there any bus route i can get there

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk