News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Unusual/Noteworthy Working December 2013

Started by domino.99, November 29, 2013, 06:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

It could be spotters luck Matt, that is if your now a fan of President B7s over ALX B7's

I also saw 4763 nathan, 1930 on lichfield street, could still be out perhaps?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Ashley on December 04, 2013, 11:23:04 PM
It could be spotters luck Matt, that is if your now a fan of President B7s over ALX B7's

I did think it would do that journey but I didn't bother go out to catch it

nitromatt1

Quote from: Ashley on December 04, 2013, 11:23:04 PM

Certainly not - they are vile, and the ALX400s are lovely.
Quote from: trident4370 on December 04, 2013, 11:17:23 PM
Funny you should mention trainers, I saw one of the Ultras going up Moor St about 2/3 weeks ago turning into Carrs Lane, had about 4 people on board.

I saw 1505 (I think) going round Paradise Circus the other day.

vinh1000

Is a 21xx bus on 24 unusual? Seen it at 5:25am
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Kevin

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 04, 2013, 11:14:18 PM
Isn't there a fine or something to be implemented when the rule gets broke? Like the Trainee Buses aren't allowed into the city either I've heard (those ones which aren't Emmison Compliant)

I've never heard that bit before, definitely seen B10 trainer buses in on Moor Street a few times
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

37351ml

37351ml

Just caught the rear of 4931 coming off broad st towards city. CG on the display which i presume is the cape gemini / waterlinks shuttle.

Tony

Quote from: 37351ml on December 05, 2013, 08:30:25 AM
Just caught the rear of 4931 coming off broad st towards city. CG on the display which i presume is the cape gemini / waterlinks shuttle.

Yes, on the CG contract

P419 EJW

1453 on (WA) 40, seen it entering in Wolverhampton bus station, 6 minutes late for 12:17 departure.

the trainbasher

According to my brother 1706 was on the 222 earlier

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

John

Geminis on both the 301 and 302 this morning following each other down to Walsall

fleetline6477

Quote from: trident4370 on December 04, 2013, 11:11:03 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 04, 2013, 10:32:35 PM
Just spotters luck that I only see Presidents on the 83/89 then, cheers

Also note WB have broken the LEZ rules again

I'm beginning to wonder if they are more of a guideline than a solid rule...

Isn't there a fine or something to be implemented when the rule gets broke? Like the Trainee Buses aren't allowed into the city either I've heard (those ones which aren't Emmison Compliant)

I understood that the emission rules only applied to routes which have a frequency of less than 30 minutes, hence why AG continue to use Presidents on 73, routes 83/89 are exempt because on frequency. Even thought they each every 30 minutes 127/8/9 have to comply because they are on the same registration.

This was certainly the case when first introduced, has this change

Stu

Quote from: fleetline6477 on December 05, 2013, 06:22:33 PM

I understood that the emission rules only applied to routes which have a frequency of less than 30 minutes, hence why AG continue to use Presidents on 73, routes 83/89 are exempt because on frequency. Even thought they each every 30 minutes 127/8/9 have to comply because they are on the same registration.

LEZ = London Emissions Zone, so WB would only be breaking 'LEZ rules' if they operated these buses in the affected area in London!  ;)

Here is Birmingham, we have a 'Quality Partnership Scheme' in place, all the details can be perused here:
http://www.centro.org.uk/bus/qualitypartnershipscheme.aspx

From the Technical Summary document:

QuoteFor services operating at a frequency of  three or more buses per hour  between 0800 and
1800 Monday to Friday,  or services  with a frequency less than three buses per hour but
whose  timetable  is  jointly  coordinated  with  that  of  another  service  between  common
destinations  at  a frequency  of  three  or more  buses  per hour (for  example  two  half -hourly
services providing a 15 minute frequency over a section of route, or three hourly services
providing  a  joint  20  minute  timetable),  all  vehicles  used  must  meet  Euro  III  emissions
standards (see below for exact meaning). Services in this category are referred to as 'Core
Services or Coordinated Core Services'.

For services operating  fewer than three buses per hour, from 6th January 2013 vehicles
will  be  required  to  meet  the  Euro  II  emissions  standards.  These  services  are
'Complementary Services'. At the beginning of January 2016, these standards increase to
Euro III for single deck buses (Euro II for double deck).  From 28th May 2017, double deck
buses will be required to meet the same emission standards as single deck buses, so Euro
III for these Complementary services.

So yes, Presidents and Mercs would be acceptable on services such as the 73 and 141, and the 83 and 89 which don't operate to a co-ordinated timetable (both services are every 30 minutes independent of each other). However the 127/8/9 operate to a co-ordinated timetable, likewise the 31 and 31A, so they wouldn't be acceptable on these services.

Also worth noting:
QuoteWhat happens if I can't meet the Scheme's requirements?
If you sign the Undertaking, you have to ensure you operate your registered services in line
with the Scheme's requirements. If you are unable to do this, in the first instance you should
immediately discuss the problem with Centro.
If  you  have  a  problem  with  your  vehicles,  you  must  ensure  that  any  replacement  vehicle
meets  the  required  standards  (see  below).  No  exceptions  to  these  requirements  are
permitted  –  this would not be fair on other operators who have signed the Undertaking and
are ensuring their operations are compliant.

It has been suggested previously that NXWM have been able to 'get away' with using 'non-compliant' vehicles (eg Presidents on the 37) where there is a vehicle shortage, as long as they have notified Centro in advance, as in these exceptional circumstances Centro would rather a journey operate with a non-compliant bus, rather than have no journey at all. At this point I can only guess that NXWM would then in turn assure Centro that a suitable bus would be sought as a replacement at the earliest opportunity.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

domino.99

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 05, 2013, 04:15:00 PM
According to my brother 1706 was on the 222 earlier
yeah it is I saw it in merry hill at 16:45ish

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stu on December 05, 2013, 07:12:25 PM
Quote from: fleetline6477 on December 05, 2013, 06:22:33 PM

LEZ = London Emissions Zone, so WB would only be breaking 'LEZ rules' if they operated these buses in the affected area in London!  ;)

Here is Birmingham, we have a 'Quality Partnership Scheme' in place, all the details can be perused here:
http://www.centro.org.uk/bus/qualitypartnershipscheme.aspx

From the Technical Summary document:

QuoteFor services operating at a frequency of  three or more buses per hour  between 0800 and
1800 Monday to Friday,  or services  with a frequency less than three buses per hour but
whose  timetable  is  jointly  coordinated  with  that  of  another  service  between  common
destinations  at  a frequency  of  three  or more  buses  per hour (for  example  two  half -hourly
services providing a 15 minute frequency over a section of route, or three hourly services
providing  a  joint  20  minute  timetable),  all  vehicles  used  must  meet  Euro  III  emissions
standards (see below for exact meaning). Services in this category are referred to as 'Core
Services or Coordinated Core Services'.

For services operating  fewer than three buses per hour, from 6th January 2013 vehicles
will  be  required  to  meet  the  Euro  II  emissions  standards.  These  services  are
'Complementary Services'. At the beginning of January 2016, these standards increase to
Euro III for single deck buses (Euro II for double deck).  From 28th May 2017, double deck
buses will be required to meet the same emission standards as single deck buses, so Euro
III for these Complementary services.

So yes, Presidents and Mercs would be acceptable on services such as the 73 and 141, and the 83 and 89 which don't operate to a co-ordinated timetable (both services are every 30 minutes independent of each other). However the 127/8/9 operate to a co-ordinated timetable, likewise the 31 and 31A, so they wouldn't be acceptable on these services.

Also worth noting:
QuoteWhat happens if I can't meet the Scheme's requirements?
If you sign the Undertaking, you have to ensure you operate your registered services in line
with the Scheme's requirements. If you are unable to do this, in the first instance you should
immediately discuss the problem with Centro.
If  you  have  a  problem  with  your  vehicles,  you  must  ensure  that  any  replacement  vehicle
meets  the  required  standards  (see  below).  No  exceptions  to  these  requirements  are
permitted  –  this would not be fair on other operators who have signed the Undertaking and
are ensuring their operations are compliant.

It has been suggested previously that NXWM have been able to 'get away' with using 'non-compliant' vehicles (eg Presidents on the 37) where there is a vehicle shortage, as long as they have notified Centro in advance, as in these exceptional circumstances Centro would rather a journey operate with a non-compliant bus, rather than have no journey at all. At this point I can only guess that NXWM would then in turn assure Centro that a suitable bus would be sought as a replacement at the earliest opportunity.

Thank you Stu; it makes a bit more sense now!! I was told though even noncompliance Trainee buses aren't allowed into the City Centre though;; misinformed it seems.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk