News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Kevin on October 24, 2017, 07:42:47 AM
What's this I hear about Wolves hybrids being converted? Mindless speculation or actually happening?

Wouldn't think so if we are about to get more in this year's new buses

ARBB

Quote from: John on October 24, 2017, 08:48:28 AM
Wouldn't think so if we are about to get more in this year's new buses

It's HAPPENING

Mike K

Quote from: Kevin on October 24, 2017, 07:42:47 AM
What's this I hear about Wolves hybrids being converted? Mindless speculation or actually happening?

Converted to what? Conventional diesel?

Kevin

Quote from: Mike K on October 24, 2017, 11:38:01 AM
Converted to what? Conventional diesel?

Apparently
Would have thought something like that would be more widely reported but hey ho
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

mikestone

East Yorkshire and Reading have both converted buses back to straight diesel, I think they said it was because once the batteries were out of warranty they were no longer viable. 

BusMan Greg

854 sounded a bit ruff last night on the 154 back home

mranon

sounded normal to me today

TT90

2 126 branded buses off route today.

6774 on WN 529
6779 on WN 79.

Trident 4609

Quote from: TT90 on October 29, 2017, 05:14:10 PM
2 126 branded buses off route today.

6774 on WN 529
6779 on WN 79.

6789 on the 69 and 6786 on the 256 as well

BN

Quote from: Nathan on October 29, 2017, 06:04:20 PM
6789 on the 69 and 6786 on the 256 as well

Due to the better mpg on these vehicles all Platinums will be used on a Sunday, so they will appear anywhere going forward. The same goes for the Hybrids when they are all working.

Westy

@Tony - Expect a complaint into Travelcare from a punter wanting to catch a 529 from Bentley Road North in Walsall, where the driver saw him crossing the road, & the guy got to the bus doors & the driver drove off.

I was with the guy & he was not happy at all.

If I was bothered, I would have complained as well, but seeing a response to a simliar Facebook complaint recently, what is the point, plus the next one was 6 mins away!

Quote from: Westy on November 01, 2017, 04:28:41 PM
@Tony - Expect a complaint into Travelcare from a punter wanting to catch a 529 from Bentley Road North in Walsall, where the driver saw him crossing the road, & the guy got to the bus doors & the driver drove off.

I was with the guy & he was not happy at all.

If I was bothered, I would have complained as well, but seeing a response to a simliar Facebook complaint recently, what is the point, plus the next one was 6 mins away!
If the driver had already closed the doors, then you'd missed the bus.
I don't really see why you are complaining when it's so frequent, if it was a 2 hour wait on a country lane, then maybe I'd understand.

What do you think complaining on here is going to do anyway?

I can see why the driver may not want to reopen the doors, for example, at a busier stop you may have someone knocking on the doors, the driver then reopened the doors and then closes the doors and then someone else comes along, they could be there for ages, which'd then annoy all the other passengers already on the bus.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on November 01, 2017, 06:48:25 PM
If the driver had already closed the doors, then you'd missed the bus.
I don't really see why you are complaining when it's so frequent, if it was a 2 hour wait on a country lane, then maybe I'd understand.
What do you think complaining on here is going to do anyway?
Most of the time that happens the driver reopens the door. The person would of missed the bus if it started to pull away when they got to the stop. Eventhough I find it  hilarious. It's people's own fault if they miss the bus, if they left their previous location a few minutes earlier then they would of caught it and not make a fuss.

Mike K

Quote from: Jack on November 01, 2017, 06:54:34 PM
Most of the time that happens the driver reopens the door. The person would of missed the bus if it started to pull away when they got to the stop. Eventhough I find it  hilarious. It's people's own fault if they miss the bus, if they left their previous location a few minutes earlier then they would of caught it and not make a fuss.

If you find that hilarious you really need to get out more. When you're older, have a job, kids and all other sorts of responsibilities, you'll appreciate that like buses, it's often very difficult for people to run on time too.

Westy

If you read the comment again, you will notice that I didnt make the complaint, someone else did or was going to!

I was merely giving Tony the heads up.

I've noticed it doesnt seem to be worth complaining to Nx, certainly by social media, as the standard answer is 'Send us an email'

Why, when we've given you the same information already, we have to send it again?

Get your facts straight before having a pop!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk