News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Pride

Started by Andrew1991, May 24, 2013, 09:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew1991

Not only has the nxwm facebook page been very active today it also seems like the company will be doing a lot tomorrow including revealling the new uniform & a sponsored walk.

ilovetea4370

Id laugh if it was just a joke and really it was a rainbow patterned uniform to get into the Pride spirit ;)

Andrew1991

I was thinking that lol
Apparently the drivers are modelling it

Mike K

Quote from: Andrew on May 24, 2013, 09:28:38 PM
I was thinking that lol
Apparently the drivers are modelling it

Maybe it's a fetching all in one leather number?

notepanel

All jokes aside and without wanting to sound like a party pooper, I'm really surprised the parade has been allowed to happen tomorrow. I don't understand how they can permit a parade of any sorts to pass through main roads in the City Centre at lunchtime on a Saturday. The traffic is bad enough on most Saturdays without the extra congestion for people attending pride and then added on to that the disruption caused by the parade I imagine it will be chaos.

Surely, as they are in most cases, parades should be confined to Sundays.

JB93

It's only one day a year, I'm sure they can handle the chaos. :) I'm gonna be there so will be looking out for the NXWM stuff going on. I remember last year they had an Optare Solo driving along with the parade?

Trident 4609

Quote from: JB93 on May 24, 2013, 10:10:55 PM
It's only one day a year, I'm sure they can handle the chaos. :) I'm gonna be there so will be looking out for the NXWM stuff going on. I remember last year they had an Optare Solo driving along with the parade?

It was 281 from WN. When i went on my garage visit to park lane there was a picture of it on the wall.

JB93

Ah ok thought so, think it's really nice they get involved with events like this though :) makes them appear more human rather than just another corporation

Matt.N0056

818 joining in with the fun this year. Also a few driver evidently forgot about the diversions; an 82/7? Parked up on smallbrook queensway and also a First President. A couple of 110s also came up moot street unaware of the closure and had to do a U turn back down moor street.

Andrew1991

Supprised it wasn't 823 lol

Any pics of the new uniform ?

D10

I had the privilege of being part of the parade today. :) I loved doing it alongside 281 last year  and as mentioned we had 818 today.

The only problem was that that wasn't the West Brom E200 we were originally meant to have, so the specially programmed messages we had programmed into the blinds couldn't be shown! WB garage sent the E200 we were meant to have out into service by mistake, so we had another one instead!

We had a wonderful time, with loads of great comments from the crowd and everyone seemed pleased to see that NX was supporting the event. and supporting their staff.

The new drivers uniform was modelled, but before you get too excited, the only thing that may have been noticed is that the Drivers shirts are of a lighter material, and the red ties now have National Express on them.

Can't wait for 2014, hopefully we have a higher turn out!

The Real 4778

Quote from: D10 on May 25, 2013, 09:46:53 PM

The only problem was that that wasn't the West Brom E200 we were originally meant to have, so the specially programmed messages we had programmed into the blinds couldn't be shown! WB garage sent the E200 we were meant to have out into service by mistake, so we had another one instead!

I'd laugh if the nominated bus ran around West Brom with the Pride messages scrolling instead!
Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk