News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: arrifirststage on September 03, 2015, 03:56:36 PM
I agree the 56 is not a bad route,but given the 936 going Platinum would you run such a route from Tividale unless it was exceptional.
Wouldn't surprise me if the 16 wasn't next and even the 50 cannot be sacrosanct,though at least it is accessible from Redditch.

The 16 was run for years from Tividale (under both Diamond & Birmingham Coach Company) prior to the route moving in to Long Acre, so can't see the 16 going anywhere. I doubt Redditch would have capacity for the 50 having just taken on the Solihull Signature work & fleet.

Maybe Platinum 936 has killed off the remaining daytime trade for the 56 & it's not worth running it as a peaks only Mon -Fri service

Trident 4194

Quote from: Ash on September 03, 2015, 06:16:39 PM
It's on the 4H.

Ohhh nooo, my local route :-(

Anyone know if that versa will stay at tividale?

Ash

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 03, 2015, 06:34:32 PM
Ohhh nooo, my local route :-(

Anyone know if that versa will stay at tividale?

It's currently on the 18:25 ex Walsall on the 4H.

Trident 4194

Hopefully it's one of my bus to or from school tommorow, would love a ride on one, bring back memories when they were common on the 4H

Kevin

Quote from: Winston on September 03, 2015, 06:28:47 PM
I doubt Redditch would have capacity for the 50 having just taken on the Solihull Signature work & fleet.

Ok so capacity might be a problem but would make more sense running the 50 from Redditch surely? Hell they could even run some journeys to / from Redditch / Wythall (just saying....)

And yeah, surely they're not giving up on the 56 after all this time?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Reece

Well their is only one depot left for the 50 if Redditch and Tividale have got no room and that's Kidderminster

Quote from: Reece on September 04, 2015, 09:44:36 AM
Well their is only one depot left for the 50 if Redditch and Tividale have got no room and that's Kidderminster
If the 56 dose go there will be room for the 50 at Trivadle @Reece
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: Reece on September 04, 2015, 09:44:36 AM

Tividale depot is due to be extended this year both office space & depot yard

Kevin

Quote from: Kevin on September 04, 2015, 07:41:21 AM
surely they're not giving up on the 56 after all this time?

From the horses mouth, so to speak...

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 11, 2015, 07:06:42 AM
There will be no replacement.

We are going to focus our efforts elsewhere

Simon

Wow.
End of an era there then!  :'(
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liberator9

@Tony

Sorry - managed to miss the blue writing regarding not posting on the other thread! 

@Trident 4194

That Hybrid was on the S3 on Friday just gone - assume it'll work that most of the time as it did at Long Acre. Rather interestingly there's been a Hybrid on the S11 a couple of days last week.

That hybrid is on the S2/4 today (14th)

sonic84

Quote from: Winston on September 03, 2015, 06:28:47 PM
The 16 was run for years from Tividale (under both Diamond & Birmingham Coach Company) prior to the route moving in to Long Acre, so can't see the 16 going anywhere. I doubt Redditch would have capacity for the 50 having just taken on the Solihull Signature work & fleet.

Maybe Platinum 936 has killed off the remaining daytime trade for the 56 & it's not worth running it as a peaks only Mon -Fri service

http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/Cancellationofservice56-BrownhillstoBirmingham_389.html

Diamond have now posted on their website about the withdrawal of the 56. Such a shame but I guess if a service no longer pays they have little choice.

Doesn't seem like they have really tried to fight to keep it going thou - no special fares, promotions etc. perhaps even cutting down to hourly during off peaks and keeping the peak service going.

winston

Quote from: sonic84 on September 15, 2015, 06:21:18 PM
http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/Cancellationofservice56-BrownhillstoBirmingham_389.html

Diamond have now posted on their website about the withdrawal of the 56. Such a shame but I guess if a service no longer pays they have little choice.

Doesn't seem like they have really tried to fight to keep it going thou - no special fares, promotions etc. perhaps even cutting down to hourly during off peaks and keeping the peak service going.

I assume that option was looked at before deciding to totally withdraw the 56 service.Running a higher frequency service at peaks compared to daytime frequency would have been the ideal scenario so the 56 became more of a commuter service, but it leaves you with buses & drivers with nothing to do between peaks unless you can find a suitable daytime service during 9am -3pm that they could operate to ensure they've got a full days work

BU07 LGO

The 56 gets absolutely rammed in the peaks! I always see people specifically waiting for the diamond bus. Quite sad really how they let it go from the hybrids and now you see all sorts of tatty MPD's crammed to the brim during the peaks

Solo1

Kidderminster v463/4  one of them was on the 50 tonight has this bus moved Or has service moved

Reece

Quote from: Solo1 on September 16, 2015, 09:49:19 PM
Kidderminster v463/4  one of them was on the 50 tonight has this bus moved Or has service moved
It would of been V463 TVV because was V464 TVV was on the 2 to Bewdley this morning

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk