News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Newcastle under Lyme occurances

Started by Ashley 4569, May 27, 2013, 12:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 4569

Hello, im in the Newcastle area for the next fortnight so I just wondered about good routes to sample while im up there and if theres much chance of some olympian action as its half term?

sconehead85

According to the uk buses fleetlists 30038 (G762 XRE) , 1989 Leyland Olympian is withdrawn.  I cant say if this is the start of the curtain falling for the other four G-XREs.

sconehead85

Bob

Tony

Quote from: sconehead85 on May 28, 2013, 12:27:02 AM
According to the uk buses fleetlists 30038 (G762 XRE) , 1989 Leyland Olympian is withdrawn.  I cant say if this is the start of the curtain falling for the other four G-XREs.

sconehead85

30038 went to a private company for engine replacement, while parked there it was heavily vandalised. It is still not officially withdrawn. It will presumably depend on the engine company's insurance whether it gets repaired

sconehead85

Surely First could find five Volvo Olympians as an interim replacement for the G-XREs and 38125?  Whats the point of spending money on a 24-year-old bus which will soon be in breach of the DDA?  By all means preserve one of the G-XREs as the last remnant of PMT, but the rest should be pensioned off.

sconehead85

Ashley 4569

I believe that was the plan to preserve one and scrap the rest. If anything im trying to get the scanias as theyre getting on a bit, the few ive had so far arent too bad

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk