News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Bus - Wyvern

Started by nitromatt1, June 05, 2014, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

@111 Roughley ironically that's where I got my information...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

j789

Quote from: Matt on July 15, 2014, 07:07:02 PM
I'm guessing I won't be able to buy the Wyvern day ticket on the 147 in Halesowen, as that part of the route is subsidised, isn't it?

You will be able to buy a Wyvern on the 147 in Halesowen as it is a commercial operation. Connecta will only be valid from the Worcestershire boundary.

On a different note, if there are no tree issues or similar it will certainly be nice driving a decker over the clent hills.

nitromatt1

Quote from: j789 on July 16, 2014, 07:05:19 PM
Quote from: Matt on July 15, 2014, 07:07:02 PM
I'm guessing I won't be able to buy the Wyvern day ticket on the 147 in Halesowen, as that part of the route is subsidised, isn't it?

You will be able to buy a Wyvern on the 147 in Halesowen as it is a commercial operation. Connecta will only be valid from the Worcestershire boundary.

On a different note, if there are no tree issues or similar it will certainly be nice driving a decker over the clent hills.

That is a pleasant surprise, thanks.

There are some overhanging trees on Grange Hill on the ascent out of Halesowen, but they don't look particularly problemental. Other than that I can't think of any tree issues, most of the road from Halesowen through Romsley is surrounded by houses or open fields.

j789

Does the Romsley bit still have the old bus stop flags with West Midlands on do you know? Ages since I have been down that road.

nitromatt1

Quote from: j789 on July 16, 2014, 07:27:43 PM
Does the Romsley bit still have the old bus stop flags with West Midlands on do you know? Ages since I have been down that road.

The bus stop I use, the first one in Worcestershire (by Illey Lane) is a standard Worcestershire one. I don't remember seeing any non-standard ones the last time I went through on the 007 but I can't say for sure.

j789

It must be 6 years since I went down there so probably all changed now, Ludlows were running the route then.

s94

Pleasing to see First making an entrance into the Dudley Borough. Doubt they would want to compete and join In on the Halesowen to Merry Hill competition. Lol

47609FireFly

32647 has returned "home" to Leicester.

Sayeed

Quote from: MidlandRed.netThe MD has given the green light to repaint a Trident into Heritage livery.  The end of August 2014 will see the 100 year anniversary of Midland Red running buses from Birmingham to Worcester on the service 25 (renumbered to service 144 in 1928) so they will be giving the route a marketing 'push' under the banner of "100 years of 144".

The livery to be used is not set in stone yet, but pre-war with silver roof has been mentioned and overall red was done with 67631.
Век живи - век учись

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 10, 2014, 02:54:32 PM
And my next trick

PD0000480/324 - FIRST MIDLAND RED BUSES LTD T/A FIRST MIDLAND RED, FIRST POTTERIES, DIVIDY ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5YY
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Worcester Bus Station
Finish Point: Halesowen Bus Station
Via: Droitwich Spa, Bromsgrove, Romsley
Service Number: 147
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
Effective Date: 01-SEP-2014
Other Details: Monday to Saturday.

Does anybody know anything about this? Good idea for a service. Hope it takes off. Do we know if it's going to swap into the 144? If so, enviro 300's will be very nice but some tridents will be even better......

the trainbasher

It is intergrated into the 144 timetable replacing 1 trip a hour off the 144A

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Roy

Quote from: X94 on August 10, 2014, 09:26:52 PM
And my next trick

PD0000480/324 - FIRST MIDLAND RED BUSES LTD T/A FIRST MIDLAND RED, FIRST POTTERIES, DIVIDY ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5YY
Registration Accepted

Does anybody know anything about this? Good idea for a service. Hope it takes off. Do we know if it's going to swap into the 144? If so, enviro 300's will be very nice but some tridents will be even better......

The timetables for this service (and all other new First Worcestershire timetables from 1 Sep) are available on their website at http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/worcestershire_herefordshire/journey_planning/timetables/forthcoming.php?&operator=14&depart_from=&going_to=&page=2

Quote from: Roy on August 11, 2014, 03:17:16 PM
Quote from: X94 on August 10, 2014, 09:26:52 PM
And my next trick

Registration Accepted

The timetables for this service (and all other new First Worcestershire timetables from 1 Sep) are available on their website at http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/worcestershire_herefordshire/journey_planning/timetables/forthcoming.php?&operator=14&depart_from=&going_to=&page=2

I saw that which is why I posted asking the question. Just guess we'll have to wait and see. Interesting though

the trainbasher

It will interwork with the 144 and 144A looking at the times.

The 147 replaces the xx17 off Catshill 144A  so southbound it will interwork with the 144 or 144A...

j789

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 11, 2014, 08:42:51 PM
It will interwork with the 144 and 144A looking at the times.

The 147 replaces the xx17 off Catshill 144A  so southbound it will interwork with the 144 or 144A...

Being hourly it fits in nicely as Catshill to Halesowen and back again can be done within an hour, so the returning 147 will just replace the current inbound 144a that leaves Catshill an hour later as well as the original outbound journey.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk