News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on March 15, 2024, 09:07:57 AMThe B8's are now branded..
All 5 are white with Purple branding for EMA.. with a reference to First bus on the back.
I saw one yesterday on driver training running along the A50 in Markfield.
The service starts on Sunday.
Branding very similar to last year and they look very smart

Mayfield

Are they just for internal car park work.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Mayfield on March 15, 2024, 11:43:37 AMAre they just for internal car park work.
Yep. They run back and forth mostly from long stay car park through to front arrivals and departures.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on March 15, 2024, 12:32:54 PMYep. They run back and forth mostly from long stay car park through to front arrivals and departures.
There's also an outstation / garage for 6 vehicles at EMA which is where the vehicles tend to be situated when not in use, and this is also where they fuel (rather than having to run back and forth to Abbey Lane)..

Mayfield

Does anybody know why 63531 hasn't been in service for 5 weeks, this is the one that entered service weeks after all the others and has already had a lengthy time out with what if I am correct was accident damage.

SSmith09

Quote from: Mayfield on March 19, 2024, 01:38:09 PMDoes anybody know why 63531 hasn't been in service for 5 weeks, this is the one that entered service weeks after all the others and has already had a lengthy time out with what if I am correct was accident damage.
I think this one is the troublesome one as when it first entered service it only managed a morning out on the 54 then was taken off.

Although Electroliner demo LY71 GJE is currently parked up at Abbey Lane so hopefully the much needed deckers are due very soon? 🤞

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: SSmith09 on March 20, 2024, 10:52:10 AMI think this one is the troublesome one as when it first entered service it only managed a morning out on the 54 then was taken off.

Although Electroliner demo LY71 GJE is currently parked up at Abbey Lane so hopefully the much needed deckers are due very soon? 🤞
Much needed? 
According to first they are replacing the existing double deckers. So it will mean we have less double deckers than at current.. and to be honest, it's not enough. Really still think it should have been 18 singles and 68 doubles!
Still First haven't been able to justify why a like for like order wasn't placed.. last response I got was email the charity "bus users"!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk