News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bugs & Errors - Forum

Started by Liverpool Street, May 17, 2014, 03:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

It seems that the ability to delete comments is gone. I'm sure that this is intentional but it seems whoever did it has probably limited the starting new topics feature at the same time for normal members.

Stu

Sorry guys, my bad. I had intended to restrict the starting of new topics just in the Notices board, but had altered the wrong permission settings in error.

This has now been corrected, and you can all now create new topics in all other boards, except the Notices board. If this still isn't the case, please let me know here.

On the subject of deleting posts, this is intentional. Members can no longer delete their own posts - this has happened in the past and it causes the 'flow' of discussions in a topic to become disrupted. You can still use the Modify button to make corrections, but if you do wish a post to be deleted, please use the Report button and an Admin/Moderator will delete it for you.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on March 10, 2017, 07:56:10 AM
Sorry guys, my bad. I had intended to restrict the starting of new topics just in the Notices board, but had altered the wrong permission settings in error.

This has now been corrected, and you can all now create new topics in all other boards, except the Notices board. If this still isn't the case, please let me know here.

On the subject of deleting posts, this is intentional. Members can no longer delete their own posts - this has happened in the past and it causes the 'flow' of discussions in a topic to become disrupted. You can still use the Modify button to make corrections, but if you do wish a post to be deleted, please use the Report button and an Admin/Moderator will delete it for you.

@Stu , have you also stopped people being able to comment on posts in the "Notice" board?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Cheese

I am getting the following message coming up if I try to log into the Forum using Firefox on my phone. I can log in OK if I use Safari or log on using Firefox on my computer. Anyone know why this is coming up?

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Complaints received of harassment
This ban is not set to expire.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Cheese on May 16, 2017, 08:59:19 AM
I am getting the following message coming up if I try to log into the Forum using Firefox on my phone. I can log in OK if I use Safari or log on using Firefox on my computer. Anyone know why this is coming up?

@Cheese I would pm Winston with this, i had it happen on my pc a while ago when it said I had been banned for a personal attack, was sorted out wheni told Winston.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Quote from: Cheese on May 16, 2017, 08:59:19 AM

Hi Cheese,

It is likely that as you're using a mobile device, your network provider has assigned you a 'recycled' IP address, which has previously been used by someone banned from the forum before.

Please PM me with your IP address from your phone when you get this error trying to log in, and I will look to see if I can alter the ban trigger accordingly.

You can find your IP address by visiting https://www.whatismyip.com/ in your mobile browser.

Alternatively, you may find that if you restart your phone, your mobile network provider will assign you a different IP address anyway. Try that first.
My locals:

Cheese

Quote from: Stu on May 16, 2017, 10:51:52 PM
Hi Cheese,

It is likely that as you're using a mobile device, your network provider has assigned you a 'recycled' IP address, which has previously been used by someone banned from the forum before.

Please PM me with your IP address from your phone when you get this error trying to log in, and I will look to see if I can alter the ban trigger accordingly.

You can find your IP address by visiting https://www.whatismyip.com/ in your mobile browser.

Alternatively, you may find that if you restart your phone, your mobile network provider will assign you a different IP address anyway. Try that first.

After updating the Firefox app on my phone I have now been able to log in again as normal, will let you know if it happens again. Many thanks.

windy miller

700 046 is not on the pic album
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

windy miller

Quote from: windy miller on July 13, 2017, 07:50:58 PM
700 046 is not on the pic album

70045 should read 700 045    700 046 still not in the album as '18/7/
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

DJ

Quote from: windy miller on July 18, 2017, 01:17:13 AM
70045 should read 700 045    700 046 still not in the album as '18/7/

This is the thread for forum bugs and errors, you should post that over in the one for the main site. :)

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Cedric

links  in last 3 late running diamonds post do no work  for me  when I click on the it throws a error up  instead of taking my to page
diamond 8\10/125/292

Stu

Quote from: Cedric on August 06, 2017, 10:32:53 PM
links  in last 3 late running diamonds post do no work  for me  when I click on the it throws a error up  instead of taking my to page

Can you clarify exactly what you mean please, as your post makes little sense?  ???
My locals:

Cedric

Stu
what i mean was when I clicked    the links to the forum  in the last 3 emails i recceived
on the late running diamonds did not  take me to  the  subject on the  diamond board   
I received  a error message  in my pc browser saying  there was  something wrong
with the links  can not just remember exact wording .   
diamond 8\10/125/292

Stu

Quote from: Cedric on August 07, 2017, 08:43:33 PM
Stu
what i mean was when I clicked    the links to the forum  in the last 3 emails i recceived
on the late running diamonds did not  take me to  the  subject on the  diamond board   
I received  a error message  in my pc browser saying  there was  something wrong
with the links  can not just remember exact wording .   

Your email notification may have included a link to a post that was removed, that is what may have caused your error.
My locals:

Cedric

links to central  bus are not  working right pages  come
up with just one post on or blank
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk