News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Just out of interest why are Cannock running a "Connecting Tamworth" Pulsar anyway? There for work and they were desperate for vehicles?

TOF719S

Quote from: Tony on April 12, 2018, 05:42:57 PM
A new management structure has resulted in attention to Cannock and the aim will be to.....

·         SB200 Pulsars allocated on 25/26
·         Spare Pulsar (3795) to be dedicated spare bus for Sapphire routes and possibly refurbed to Sapphire spec.
·         Refurbed Solos to be allocated to boards that work on the 75/12/1B (They have been tried on Pye Green but not enough pushchair space)

Might as well just send 3796 up from Aylesbury as its been Sapphire'd, the X8 route seems to carry very little and seems to follow the 280 anyway!!

P419 EJW

Quote from: Bob on April 14, 2018, 02:52:17 PM
Just out of interest why are Cannock running a "Connecting Tamworth" Pulsar anyway? There for work and they were desperate for vehicles?

3727, YJ57 BUA, is on loan to Cannock.

Pete50492

Quote from: P419 EJW on April 14, 2018, 08:15:06 PM
3727, YJ57 BUA, is on loan to Cannock.

Returning home then, this was originally one of the buses route branded for the 74/75

Pete50492

Quote from: Westy on April 10, 2018, 07:44:06 PM
Anyone see the letters page in tonight's Star?

Kevin Chapman has hit the nail on the head.

Lets hope Arriva management reply.

Don't do the Express & Star, or Facebook for that matter, however this was brought to my attention as Kevin's letter was reproduced in the Cannock Chronicle free paper. He makes some very interesting and salient points and is right on the money. I'd be most interested to know whether Arriva have graced us with a response though I doubt it, and given their apparent commitment to Cannock it wouldn't surprise me if they totally ignore it

Westy

Well I did post a copy on Arriva's Facebook so their customer service bods could pass onto senior management, but as you say, they could just ignore it!

Tony

Kevin Chapman has been invited to meet the managers personally, so yes, Arriva are taking notice, as I presume he will make his reply public

Bob

So what can they do to improve Cannock services then? Invest in the fleet? Wont happen.

New services? Highly unlikely. Network review again? Been there dobe that and they made such a balls up of it they had to virtually completely reverse it...

Westy

Quote from: Tony on April 15, 2018, 07:38:22 PM
Kevin Chapman has been invited to meet the managers personally, so yes, Arriva are taking notice, as I presume he will make his reply public

Has Staffs County Council also been invited as well, seeing they were partly responsible for the most recent change?

P419 EJW

3727, YJ57 BUA, is on 60 today if anyone wants it.

Bob

A 14 year old Dart on 1 and 2 today. Classy

Bob

Why do Cannock need 3727 on loan for? Are they that short they cant manage a spare?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on April 17, 2018, 04:56:13 PM
Why do Cannock need 3727 on loan for? Are they that short they cant manage a spare?

The same reason as all garages borrow buses occasionally. Walsall's 4346 is currently at Pensnett. Smaller garages will always need to borrow occasionally. Most companies work on a percentage of fleet for the number of spares which means small garages have fewer spares so a couple of unexpected vehicles off the road can cause a requirement for a loan

Bob

Cannock will need regular ones then considering state of fleet

Bob

Solo on the 825 at about 415 today coming into Stafford, another great allocation when higher capacity buses are running on empty Stafford locals 🤣

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk