News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Tony on April 19, 2018, 05:47:36 PM
The livery on 172339 is only on vinyl, not painted and might not be the livery the fleet is put into. TfWM have another idea.

Two more 319s should have arrived this week taking the total to 9, with a 10th due in May. The extras are partly to cover the Bromsgrove cross city extension, not directly though, It is looking like another 5  will also arrive before December to cascade 350s for the Hednesford services

So every single hednesford to brum train will be 4 carriages? That will make a big difference and much needed compared with the pitiful provision currently. Saw you on 610am one tuesday tony. It was so rammed with standees we struggled to get off at Aston in fact on a couple of occasions i havent been able to as the doors have shut before i could get to them

Tony

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on April 19, 2018, 05:52:27 PM
Will it still be the purple and orange scheme? With the 350 (350/3s maybe) cascading to the Walsall line hopefully they will rebrand them to West Midlands Railways as it confuses some passengers having the London northwestern trains turning up

As they will be running direct to London from Rugeley it is very unlikely

Bob

Quote from: Tony on April 19, 2018, 06:07:09 PM
As they will be running direct to London from Rugeley it is very unlikely

Only 1 per hour isnt it? Any ideas of how long a trip to london would take? From Cannock? And will it be via birmingham?or from the Rugeley end via Lichfield /Tamworth

Roy

Quote from: Bob on April 19, 2018, 06:19:34 PM
Only 1 per hour isnt it? Any ideas of how long a trip to london would take? From Cannock? And will it be via birmingham?or from the Rugeley end via Lichfield /Tamworth
There are currently 3 trains per hour on the Euston - Northampton - Rugby - Coventry - New Street service.

They will all be extended - 1 tph to Rugeley Trent Valley via Walsall, 1 tph to Liverpool Lime Street via Smethwick Galton Bridge and Wolverhampton and 1 tph to Crewe via Smethwick Galton Bridge, Wolverhampton, Stafford and Stoke-on-Trent.

I've also been told that the hourly New Street to International all-stops shuttle will be linked to a New Street - Rugeley service in one direction and a New Street - Liverpool service in the other direction, but I don't know whether the Rugeley to New Street will be extended to International or whether the New Street to Rugeley service will start back at International. 

Tony

Quote from: Roy on April 19, 2018, 08:06:32 PM
There are currently 3 trains per hour on the Euston - Northampton - Rugby - Coventry - New Street service.

They will all be extended - 1 tph to Rugeley Trent Valley via Walsall, 1 tph to Liverpool Lime Street via Smethwick Galton Bridge and Wolverhampton and 1 tph to Crewe via Smethwick Galton Bridge, Wolverhampton, Stafford and Stoke-on-Trent.

I've also been told that the hourly New Street to International all-stops shuttle will be linked to a New Street - Rugeley service in one direction and a New Street - Liverpool service in the other direction, but I don't know whether the Rugeley to New Street will be extended to International or whether the New Street to Rugeley service will start back at International.

I believe it is Rugeley-International

Bob

Where can i find the 20th May onward chase line timetable? Couldnt see it on WM trains site yet. Are the eatly morning trains staying exactly the same? Ie 610 655 from Cannock?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on April 19, 2018, 08:37:14 PM
Where can i find the 20th May onward chase line timetable? Couldnt see it on WM trains site yet. Are the eatly morning trains staying exactly the same? Ie 610 655 from Cannock?

They're in Real Times Trains

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/CAO/2018/05/22/0600-2000?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Dom

So the Liverpool train that stops at Coseley isn't going to run anymore?

Tony

Quote from: Dom on April 19, 2018, 08:46:35 PM
So the Liverpool train that stops at Coseley isn't going to run anymore?

Still every 30 minutes to Liverpool

Sh4318

Direct services from Smethwick to Coventry & London... that'll be extremely useful!
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

DJ

Quote from: Sh4318 on April 19, 2018, 10:46:30 PM
Direct services from Smethwick to Coventry & London... that'll be extremely useful!

Smethwick already has 5 direct trains to London Marylebone in the mornings, stopping at Smethwick Galton Bridge, but I'm sure a more regular service would be welcomed, not to mention how there are none that stop at Smethwich GB from London.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: StourValley98 on April 20, 2018, 01:06:39 AM
Smethwick already has 5 direct trains to London Marylebone in the mornings, stopping at Smethwick Galton Bridge, but I'm sure a more regular service would be welcomed, not to mention how there are none that stop at Smethwich GB from London.

There are three return trips from London one at 18.15, 20.10, 21.15
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

DJ

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on April 20, 2018, 06:43:56 AM
There are three return trips from London one at 18.15, 20.10, 21.15

Are you sure? RTT didn't show anything when I searched, only ones to Stourbridge/Kidderminster that passed through without stopping.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Roy

Quote from: StourValley98 on April 20, 2018, 12:47:43 PM
Are you sure? RTT didn't show anything when I searched, only ones to Stourbridge/Kidderminster that passed through without stopping.

Yes, three trains from Marylebone stop at Galton Bridge on Mondays to Fridays only.  Here is the Realtime Trains page for this evening.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/basic/MYB/to/SGB/2018/04/20

mikestone

Coventry-Leamington services not yet cancelled w/c 30 th April- overlooked or really going to start?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk