News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Bob on March 27, 2018, 01:03:49 PM
I call the tories scum for many things especially what they do to disabled people but thats not for here. Central trains though? In most areas they werent very good

The only problem I found with Central Trains themselves were they weren't very good at cleaning trains. I always thought their units were riffy. Most of their other 'faults' were caused by Railtrack or the fact they were running trains all the way from the East Coast to the West Coast so hold ups and problems a long way from the West midlands could cause issues around here.

Bob

Yea i remember the smell of the seats on the 150s when they had a beige sort of square pattern one

mikestone

One other change in May is that the Sunday Walsall stoppers are now combined with the Stour Valley locals.

Sh4318

Quote from: mikestone on March 27, 2018, 07:45:14 PM
One other change in May is that the Sunday Walsall stoppers are now combined with the Stour Valley locals.

Handy! Presumably these won't be leaving BHM for WSL at xx:17, as currently?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Kevin

Quote from: mikestone on March 27, 2018, 07:45:14 PM

I'd assume it'd be electrics then? Always thought it was a waste running 170s completely under the wires
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Could anyone enlighten me on the positives and negatives of privatisation on the rail network?

Bob

Negatives are ridiculous walk on fares! Extortionate. I mean you wouldnt expect to be charged 50 quid for a daysaver that was 4 pound online 3 months ago just cos you didnt buy it then lol

Bob

A lot of people say positives are new rolling stock but i reckon that wouldve happened anyway. At time of privatisation BR had retired most 1st gen DMUs already and the sprinters are still running along with some EMUs that are similar age to the trains being withdrawn in the 90s. Maybe we wouldnt have got pendolinos or voyagers but HSTs with mk3 carriages were way more confortable anyway especially so compared with a cramped Voyager with an engine vibrating underneath you

Tony

Quote from: Bob on March 30, 2018, 07:06:46 PM
Negatives are ridiculous walk on fares! Extortionate. I mean you wouldnt expect to be charged 50 quid for a daysaver that was 4 pound online 3 months ago just cos you didnt buy it then lol

I can reverse your argument there! Walk on fares are set by the Government, so would be the same without Nationalisation. With privatisation we gained the super cheap advance fares!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on March 30, 2018, 07:15:16 PM
I can reverse your argument there! Walk on fares are set by the Government, so would be the same without Nationalisation. With privatisation we gained the super cheap advance fares!

Aren't the fares lower when it was privatised- as you now have rival companies running head to head on some lines such as Birmingham- Euston, but there again lines between say Birmingham and Cornwall- where there is only one operator without changing- so there effectively a monopoly and can charge more?

Bob

Quote from: Tony on March 30, 2018, 07:15:16 PM

Set much higher under govt under privatisatiom than they ever were under BR

Tony

Quote from: Bob on March 30, 2018, 08:15:47 PM
Set much higher under govt under privatisatiom than they ever were under BR

Check you history

Tony Blair's government set the rule as inflation +1% which still stands today. Fares regularly went up more than that under BR

Solo1

Train problems Brum to b'ham international major incident

Tony

This looks a strange working

A DMU just running between Barnt Green and Bromsgrove all day empty stock

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/BMV/2018/04/21/0000-2359?stp=S&show=all&order=wtt

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Tony on April 05, 2018, 08:45:24 PM
This looks a strange working
Anything to do with OHL equipment being tested ??  :-\    Possibly the Network Rail Sprinter ??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk