News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Bob on December 12, 2017, 08:58:51 AM
Admittedly the weather isnt great but punctuality on the Chase Line has been horrific this morning and yesterday the busiest 7.57 4 car working was cancelled!

The problems today weren't actually Chase Line problems, they appear to be caused by something around Wolverhampton. Three of the 4 trains pass through Wolverhampton before starting on the Chase line.

The first train of the day is stabled at Wolverhampton and normally goes up to Stafford and down to Rugeley. This had to go via Walsall instead delaying its start by 10 minutes.

The second train comes off Tyseley to New Street in a long formation, splits at news Street and goes to Wolverhampton to pick up the crew, then goes to Rugeley via Stafford, again this had to  go via Walsall delaying its start.

The fourth train starts at Shrewsbury, Does a Shrewsbury-Rugeley service, then the 07:57 you say was cancelled yesterday. Not sure what happened with this yesterday, must have been a fault on the train unsafe for passenger use as it ran as empty stock.

Bob

Im not expecting the service to improve. Its hellish most of the time due to woefully inadequate capacity. I appreciate that this is due to a nationwide shortage of diesels but erm doesnt that show how crap we are at planning services? I mean would nx suddenly start using lower capacity buses then reduce their fleet on growing routes? Do we know yet exactly which trains will be used upon electrification? 350s..323s?

mark114

Hello Bob regarding you question on what units will Be used when it goes live what I have been told by a good source they will be using 323 but these will be transferred from the Crewe to Manchester route

Tony

Quote from: mark114 on December 12, 2017, 10:22:25 AM
Hello Bob regarding you question on what units will Be used when it goes live what I have been told by a good source they will be using 323 but these will be transferred from the Crewe to Manchester route

Not sure who your source is, but the North West 323s are not part of the new franchise which has already put a statement out on which stock they are taking.

The current plan is 350s

mark114

Hello Tony well my source is the manager of Long sight depot I myself even questioned it but he seemed sure if your info is right Tony which I have no reason to doubt I just hope there will be enough 350's to go round it will not be as 323 working as there will be not enough of them to go round

Tony

Quote from: mark114 on December 12, 2017, 10:57:22 AM
Hello Tony well my source is the manager of Long sight depot I myself even questioned it but he seemed sure if your info is right Tony which I have no reason to doubt I just hope there will be enough 350's to go round it will not be as 323 working as there will be not enough of them to go round

When the new EMUs enter service with Transpennine 350401-350410 are due to Transfer to LNWR. This was in the franchise announcement.

The only units the new franchise will have in three years time are
Diesel class 172 & the new build
Electric class 350 & the new build
along with whatever is chosen for the Bedford Bletchley, probably class 220

Bob

Considering a 4 car 350 seats less than a 3 car 323 is that going to cope?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on December 12, 2017, 11:02:37 AM
Considering a 4 car 350 seats less than a 3 car 323 is that going to cope?

Depends on the timetable

Bob

Half hourly i believe. How much quicker would an electric journey be from Cannock to birmingham than an equivalent diesel? Is it actually gonna be worth spending millions and millions of taxpayers money or would bigger new diesels have done the trick?

mark114

Well this new franchise is sounding like what London midland promised and look what happened to them just hope this west midland railway or whatever they are calling themselves can deliver but having said money does talk

Tony

Quote from: Bob on December 12, 2017, 11:15:07 AM
Half hourly i believe. How much quicker would an electric journey be from Cannock to birmingham than an equivalent diesel? Is it actually gonna be worth spending millions and millions of taxpayers money or would bigger new diesels have done the trick?

They've promised the off-peak to be half hourly from December 2018. The peak could be every 15 min, by extending some of the Walsall's

mark114

You make a very good point Bob why spend millions on a railway going from diesel to electric when you are going to save what 5 minutes at the most do people have fucking brains if so I wish they would use them

mark114

Well cannot wait to see that Tony I've said it for a long time the only town who this as been made for is Birmingham OK some people can agree or dis-agree OK it's great for the smaller towns north of walsall but they have coped before even with diesel's

Tony

Quote from: mark114 on December 12, 2017, 11:23:20 AM
You make a very good point Bob why spend millions on a railway going from diesel to electric when you are going to save what 5 minutes at the most do people have fucking brains if so I wish they would use them

That's a bit of a stupid comment from yourself. Electric railways trains are more efficient, more enviromently friendly, more reliable, and faster, yet you choose to swear about people making the railways better. I wish some people would use their f**** brains before posting on here!

mark114

I think Tony we are going to agree to disagree on most subjects but I guess there is nothing wrong with that at all we all have our opinions

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk