News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Mobile App with RTI coming soon

Started by Sandy Lane, November 12, 2017, 09:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Track your bus...

Earlier this year we installed brand new ticket machines on all our buses, which included the latest in GPS technology.

This means, that through our new website and app, we will now be able to offer passengers access to Real Time Information (RTI) through our Bus Tracker feature.

Bus Tracker, enables you to locate the bus that you wish to catch and check how close the bus is to you and if its on time.
http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/NewDiamondBusWebsiteandMobileAppComingSoon_634.html

JoNi

This information needs to be accessible on sites such as bus stop RTI screens, Network West Midlands and UK bus checker especially as the 29th committment of the Bus Alliance is to co-ordinate services between Operators. Otherwise you end up with situation like in Coventry where RTI is Operator based rather stops. Catch a bus in Foleshill and you have push eight buttons to find out when the next Stagecoach real time is coming if you choose not subscribe and give away personal information.

Kevin

Quote from: Sandy Lane on November 12, 2017, 09:45:33 PM
Bus Tracker, enables you to locate the bus that you wish to catch and check how close the bus is to you and if its on time.
http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/NewDiamondBusWebsiteandMobileAppComingSoon_634.html

Oh this will be hilarious
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Justin Tyme

Quote from: JoNi on November 13, 2017, 05:39:10 PM
This information needs to be accessible on sites such as bus stop RTI screens, Network West Midlands and UK bus checker especially as the 29th committment of the Bus Alliance is to co-ordinate services between Operators. Otherwise you end up with situation like in Coventry where RTI is Operator based rather stops. Catch a bus in Foleshill and you have push eight buttons to find out when the next Stagecoach real time is coming if you choose not subscribe and give away personal information.

Fair comment.  Still, any RTI is transformational for passengers, so I'm pleased Diamond is rolling out its system soon.

Westy

Is this the same app I've found on Google Play?

If so, is there a way of using it without setting up an account ?

'Skip' just kicks you out!

Kevin

Quote from: Westy on January 04, 2018, 07:17:57 PM
Is this the same app I've found on Google Play?

If so, is there a way of using it without setting up an account ?

'Skip' just kicks you out!

Far as I'm aware it's just a web page?
http://www.diamondbuses.com/west-midlands/bus-tracker/
Used this yesterday home from work to check if the 68 was running anywhere near to schedule, does the job tbh

Edit - yeah just found the app, and the many complaints the app has.
I'll stick with this page though, all I need
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Tracking of vehicles was broken this morning no vehicles had live data

Stuharris 6360

What happens, god forbid, if a bus doesn't complete a journey?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 25, 2018, 08:44:53 PM
What happens, god forbid, if a bus doesn't complete a journey?
thats most of them now

Stuharris 6360

Well recently have twice seen the last 298 of the day approach the Foley Arms island, but instead of turning right towards Stourbridge, the destination display will be changed to NIS and it heads off towards Kidderminster, hardly very good if any passengers are awaiting the bus on the Hagley Road.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 26, 2018, 10:15:12 AM
Well recently have twice seen the last 298 of the day approach the Foley Arms island, but instead of turning right towards Stourbridge, the destination display will be changed to NIS and it heads off towards Kidderminster, hardly very good if any passengers are awaiting the bus on the Hagley Road.

Don't know the area, but is that area served by another service going in the same direction due in a few minutes later?

I caught the last 25 from Kingstanding to Bloxwich once last year & the journey finished short. Luckily it was the stop I wanted, but there would have been other NX & Diamond buses along a few minutes later anyway.

Same has happened with the final X51 that stops in Bloxwich at night from Brum, if there is no one on the bus by the Stokes Street stop, the bus will turn right at the Somerfield Road / High Street junction & return to depot via Leamore shops NIS.

Surely timetables should say 'Stop will be served on request only', or words to that effect?

Quote from: Westy on January 27, 2018, 10:35:37 PM
Don't know the area, but is that area served by another service going in the same direction due in a few minutes later?

I caught the last 25 from Kingstanding to Bloxwich once last year & the journey finished short. Luckily it was the stop I wanted, but there would have been other NX & Diamond buses along a few minutes later anyway.

Same has happened with the final X51 that stops in Bloxwich at night from Brum, if there is no one on the bus by the Stokes Street stop, the bus will turn right at the Somerfield Road / High Street junction & return to depot via Leamore shops NIS.

Surely timetables should say 'Stop will be served on request only', or words to that effect?
It shouldn't, as that just seems like a driver deciding he wants to finish early, though he is timetabled and supposed to complete the journey.
Its not a request service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Westy on January 27, 2018, 10:35:37 PM

The part of the route missed is served by the 318 Bromsgrove to Stourbridge service with one being due a little time afterwards.

The problem is, what if the 318 has broken down, the driver of the 298 has no idea if it has, and so passengers will be left at the stops. Plus from the end of February, route 318 will be operated by Central Buses and not Diamond.

the trainbasher

The 298 is a tendered service so I'm sure that TfWM would be interested to know about the non compliance

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk