News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

POLL: How do you view/read the forum?

Started by Stu, July 13, 2017, 10:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your most common means of accessing this forum?

Desktop/Laptop PC/Mac only
11 (25%)
Mobile device (phone/tablet) only
13 (29.5%)
Mainly desktop/laptop PC/Mac, occasionally mobile device
10 (22.7%)
Mainly mobile device, occasionally desktop/laptop PC/Mac
10 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: July 20, 2017, 10:42:31 AM

Stu

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 14, 2017, 07:54:10 PM
Wow! The red theme looks almost NXWM after its faded! Much better than using WAP!!

Thanks for the feedback, the red 'WMBIP 2017' is the theme I'm using myself, and is my own preferred option. Any resemblance to NXWM colour schemes is unintentional, its an 'off the shelf' free theme design.  ;)

Glad to hear you find it better than the WAP layout!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

@Stu , have tried the blue theme on my laptop and also on my phone, very pleasing to the eye I have to say.

The only thing I am finding is the "log out" button on my phone is barely visible, am I doing something wrong?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

GeminiFan1991

How do you get a theme ? i've always viewed the site with the "normal" theme. I've just been made aware of the theme functionality.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Stu

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on July 15, 2017, 06:39:22 PM
How do you get a theme ? i've always viewed the site with the "normal" theme. I've just been made aware of the theme functionality.

See my reply here: http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=4841.msg217869#msg217869

I'll put up a post with more detailed instructions and details tomorrow, but its pretty straight-forward.

My locals:

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 14, 2017, 09:17:02 PM
@Stu , have tried the blue theme on my laptop and also on my phone, very pleasing to the eye I have to say.

The only thing I am finding is the "log out" button on my phone is barely visible, am I doing something wrong?

I have just looked into this, it is nothing you're doing wrong, it is the width of the forum logo image. If I use the theme's default logo (Exodus), then the logout and search buttons appear correctly on my mobile.

I've modified the WMBIP logo, lets see how that looks now. EDIT: yes, thats much better now, the buttons can show correctly.
My locals:

vinh1000

Loving the new themes! Much easier on a mobile! Using the blue one myself personally
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on July 15, 2017, 06:58:03 PM
I have just looked into this, it is nothing you're doing wrong, it is the width of the forum logo image. If I use the theme's default logo (Exodus), then the logout and search buttons appear correctly on my mobile.

I've modified the WMBIP logo, lets see how that looks now. EDIT: yes, thats much better now, the buttons can show correctly.

Thanks @Stu , that's much better.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Kevin

Quote from: Stu on July 14, 2017, 01:38:50 PM
If anyone wants to try them out, go to your Profile Settings, then under Modify Profle > Look and Layout, you should all now have the option to select your theme of choice by clicking the (Change) link next to 'Current Theme'.

You can always change back to the Default SMF Theme if you don't like them.

Let me know what you think!

Perhaps just me being retarded, but I can't even find anywhere for "look and layout" under the settings
Anything to do with me using forum on my phone?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MW

Quote from: Kevin on July 18, 2017, 07:21:18 AM
Perhaps just me being retarded, but I can't even find anywhere for "look and layout" under the settings

@Kevin

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=theme

Try this link

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on July 18, 2017, 07:21:18 AM

If you're using the WAP site that option may not be shown.

Quote from: MW on July 18, 2017, 07:55:30 AM
@Kevin

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=theme

Try this link

Yep, thats the direct link to the relevant page.  ;D

My locals:

GeminiFan1991

Many thanks for that link !

I find these themes to be quite interesting and they add a unique twist to the site.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Stu

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on July 18, 2017, 10:23:30 PM
Many thanks for that link !

I find these themes to be quite interesting and they add a unique twist to the site.

Thanks for the feedback, and to anyone else who has commented positively!

Personally, I only use the forum when I'm at home on my desktop PC, but it is clear from the poll results that there is a majority of members who mainly use the forum on mobile devices. The new themes make accessing and using the forum on those devices much easier and user-friendly, while also giving a much more 'modern' user experience on 'traditional' desktop browsers.

At some point, I am going to make the 'default' forum theme one of the two new responsive themes, but the standard 'default SMF theme' will be available for members to switch back to if they so desire, it won't be removed completely.

There are a couple of 'niggles' which I will need to iron out with both new themes: firstly the blue theme doesn't correctly show the user online icon for some reason. And secondly, the red theme, I'm not happy with the icon for 'no new posts' next to each forum board, I think it should be a bit lighter, to make boards with new posts a little more obvious. So I will probably have to reload both themes at some point, once I've made my offline modifications.

In the meantime, please continue to leave your feedback, all is welcome!
My locals:

John

Was using the new format forum on my phone in my break today, and I can not get used to it. I just don't like the new layout compared to the default theme. Seemed like a lot more space was taken up by the profile information rather than the content of the post. I use my phone while out but most of the time at home I am either on the PC or tablet which the old theme suit a lot better

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: John on July 20, 2017, 05:04:00 PM
Was using the new format forum on my phone in my break today, and I can not get used to it. I just don't like the new layout compared to the default theme. Seemed like a lot more space was taken up by the profile information rather than the content of the post. I use my phone while out but most of the time at home I am either on the PC or tablet which the old theme suit a lot better

I think this is the problem where you use both your pc/laptop and mobile device. The new themes look good on mobile devices, yet after using for a few days, aren't so good on pc/laptop. Don't know if there is any solution for this unless you were to have a seperate login for mobile devices?

BusFan94

I haven't yet used the New Theme I will see how they both look and give some Feedback
The red one looks good I might change the Theme  when I feel like having something different
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk