News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bendies on the 4

Started by Isobel6725, June 03, 2017, 09:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Eric Shaw on September 29, 2017, 07:25:55 PM
I follow that Adam, thank you but 6013 and 6019 haven't been in service for sometime, although not yet officially withdrawn.

They are withdrawn now, just 6 left

paulb1973

Quote from: Tony on September 29, 2017, 07:26:18 PM
They are withdrawn now, just 6 left

That takes CV's total to 151 buses (excluding reserve 4129) - the lowest for quite some time I think, unless some replacements arrive. I assume withdrawn 4224 plus 6012/13/16/19 are all still at Coventry garage.

Twi

yep all still at cov garage

6014,6015,6017,6018,6020 and 6021 all in service
though 6017 and 6018 are pumping out plumes of blue smoke on idle and as they accelerate

Michael Bevan

Five out of the six bendies remaining were out yesterday. 6018 was the only one I didn't see. Although 6021 did get swapped for 2165 at around 14:15 as it kept cutting out occasionally at bus stops. I think it did it about four times when I went on it from Pool Meadow to Arena Park.

Tony

All 6 are out this monring

lauren1993

Quote from: Tony on October 11, 2017, 08:46:40 AM
All 6 are out this monring
Wonder how many were out by lunch time ;)
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Twi

6021 was swapped again today for the same fault. Its had to be swapped every day this week
6017 has had new injectors and drives very nice now though front doors seemed to have suffered lethargy

Tony

All 6 out in service again today

Twi

6017's engine went with style today after allegedly being pulled over by the police for excessive smokiness

Michael Bevan

According to a comment on Facebook by a Coventry engineer, 6017 has died due to an engine failure.

Tony

Tony

Coventry Transport Dude

After attending what i heard was the brilliant Birmingham Big Bus Bash event in Cannon Hill Park last month (which i unfortunately couldn't get to, much to my annoyance !), its good to see that 6020 has made yet another trip out beyond the City Of Coventry's boundary, although i'd never in a million years expect it to venture as far north as Preston ? (Got to be the furthest distance one from Cov has traveled to i reckon, unless anyone else knows different ?).

A group of us did all travel once to the Sandwell Rally on 6018 when the Bus was relatively new, although it got bogged down in the wet soil there and so we were late leaving the Park there that day, as we had to get towed out !  The Rally Plaque from that event is supposed to be fitted up in its Cab still and i'll have to have a look at that before the Bus ends up being withdrawn from service, which i guess is only a matter of time now ???

Wonder if anyone will ever be brave enough to preserve one of these Bendi-buses and if so (out of curiosity ?), how much would one actually cost to buy ???

MW

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on October 26, 2017, 09:02:51 PM
After attending what i heard was the brilliant Birmingham Big Bus Bash event in Cannon Hill Park last month (which i unfortunately couldn't get to, much to my annoyance !), its good to see that 6020 has made yet another trip out beyond the City Of Coventry's boundary, although i'd never in a million years expect it to venture as far north as Preston ? (Got to be the furthest distance one from Cov has traveled to i reckon, unless anyone else knows different ?).

A group of us did all travel once to the Sandwell Rally on 6018 when the Bus was relatively new, although it got bogged down in the wet soil there and so we were late leaving the Park there that day, as we had to get towed out !  The Rally Plaque from that event is supposed to be fitted up in its Cab still and i'll have to have a look at that before the Bus ends up being withdrawn from service, which i guess is only a matter of time now ???

Wonder if anyone will ever be brave enough to preserve one of these Bendi-buses and if so (out of curiosity ?), how much would one actually cost to buy ???

I've seen some ex London ones for about 12 grand. Probably cheaper than that now though.

DeanM66A

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on October 26, 2017, 09:02:51 PM

There's at least one ex London Mercedes preserved:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/londonbuses24/26594830333

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk