News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chase line back in the day

Started by Bob, March 19, 2017, 07:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

I remember them being pretty comfy especially the seats. And the electric trains from Walsall were far,far superior comfort wise to Class 323s,  they've got horrid seating and crap legroom

Tony

Quote from: Bob on March 20, 2017, 06:20:56 PM
I remember them being pretty comfy especially the seats. And the electric trains from Walsall were far,far superior comfort wise to Class 323s,  they've got horrid seating and crap legroom
Very similar to the class 150s you keep saying you want back

Bob

Class 150 seats have much more padding than a 323. And yes I'd rather be sat with less legroom than stood in a door area with no handrails!

Bob

Although top speed is lower aren't sprinters supposedly slightly better at acceleration than 170s

The Real 4778

Quote from: Tony on March 20, 2017, 06:18:38 PM
Here's a class 45 at Bloxwich in 1982. Note the 20mph speed restriction board. One of many!

Think that's a little later than '82, based on the bashers, white embellishments, coach livery and the square headlight.  I'd be suggesting nearer 1985 or '86.
Don't you start.

Bob

When would have been the last time the Heritage DMUs were used on the Chase Line? Did any make it to Birmingham after the extension? I know Tyseley were still running quite a few even in 1994....But had the Chase line been sprinterised by then???

Bob

Did they ever use the old DMUs on the Birmingham to Walsall line on occasion despite it being electrified? I'm sure I've seen photos of them used on it

BusMan Greg

Correct me if I'm wrong but did the chase line terminate at hednesford in the 90s till they extended the line to rugeley

DJ

Quote from: BusMan Greg on October 25, 2017, 08:06:17 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but did the chase line terminate at hednesford in the 90s till they extended the line to rugeley

It was extended back to Hednesford from Walsall in 1989, then to Rugeley Town in 1997, and then onwards to the Trent Valley and Stafford in 1998, before being cut back to Rugeley Trent Valley in 2008.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

WMT3000

Quote from: The Real 4778 on March 30, 2017, 01:11:34 PM
Think that's a little later than '82, based on the bashers, white embellishments, coach livery and the square headlight.  I'd be suggesting nearer 1985 or '86.
Must be '86 i reckon due to the intercity liveried coaching stock.

Bob

Can anyome remember when 150s started running full time on the chase line and the first generation DMUs stopped being used? 116s were still just about used as late as 1995 but dont recall them still on chase line at that point

888DUK

Anyone know when Walsall-Rugeley electrification is due to be completed.
It seems to be taking forever.

BusMan Greg

These things don't just happen from a click of a finger. Things like this take time

Tony

Quote from: 888DUK on May 21, 2018, 04:37:06 AM
Anyone know when Walsall-Rugeley electrification is due to be completed.
It seems to be taking forever.

Electric services are due to start with the December 2018 timetable change.

The wiring looks like it could be finished in time, but they'll need to start on the platform extensions soon to meet that deadline

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk