News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

D & DH Transport

Started by mikestone, January 04, 2017, 06:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

Quote from: jc on July 07, 2017, 08:03:22 PM
Are they in trouble already? Most the fleet appears to be for sale
Do you happen to have a link to this @jc ?

They seem to have a Wright Streetlite - MX12CFU

It is very poor if they can't runs services at all. If they can't run so many services, why bother. They should have just stuck with the 8A & 9A in my opinion rather than starting more services.

ntw456

Out of the two services running today one of those broke down think it was the 8a

jc

Cheese

Ex Metrobus MAN PN07KRU on the 8A today.

Kevin

See I want to believe in independents and the competition they bring, and on paper they look good with the local services they claim to provide... but then this happens...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Cheese

Quote from: Kevin on July 08, 2017, 11:44:08 AM
See I want to believe in independents and the competition they bring, and on paper they look good with the local services they claim to provide... but then this happens...

Same old same old in this case, always the same, start off with one route then go totally over the top with routes that he hasn't actually got the ability to run. Tamworth Bus & Coach, Heartlands, Network 2000 (?) and no doubt a few more I have forgotten.

Kevin

Quote from: Cheese on July 08, 2017, 01:33:12 PM
Same old same old in this case, always the same, start off with one route then go totally over the top with routes that he hasn't actually got the ability to run. Tamworth Bus & Coach, Heartlands, Network 2000 (?) and no doubt a few more I have forgotten.

Valid. But with the publicity and social media presence they had this time I kinda hoped for better
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

justlookingaround

Quote from: Adam 404 on July 07, 2017, 08:38:13 PM
They should have just stuck with the 8A & 9A in my opinion rather than starting more services.
Any new service should just stay running for at least six months as it takes time to get passengers to notice them, and it should be a long period of time before any new services get set up. Companies that put too much in their basket so early on tend to run into problems.

I do notice on their website that they are still looking for drivers.

And yes, there are buses getting sold, including the Darts that were repainted. Don't really get why vehicles get bought for them and a few months later sold on just for more of varying types. Should just stick to realistically one type of bus, less problems that way.

Solo1

No service 12 or 15 today

ntw456

Quote from: Cheese on July 08, 2017, 08:43:24 AM
Ex Metrobus MAN PN07KRU on the 8A today.

It's a scania according to the bonnet

Cheese

Quote from: ntw456 on July 08, 2017, 10:38:46 PM
It's a scania according to the bonnet

Definitely a MAN 12.240, or the vehicle which should be carrying PN07KRU is.  Metrobus had similar bodied Scania N94UBs but this isn't one so maybe they changed the bonnet and left the badge on.

BusFan94

Is it me or is that interior from A London Midland Train
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Quote from: BusFan94 on July 10, 2017, 06:54:12 PM
Is it me or is that interior from A London Midland Train
Same moquette on the seats.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

So if he has 8 buses for sale he cant use lack if buses for an excuse not to run service.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk