News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

City fox

Started by Solo1, December 07, 2016, 05:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: MW on December 07, 2016, 07:00:05 PM
Has this become a real company or is it the same silly joke?

They purchased a 3 vehicle operator's license of Snowdonia in Wales. The operator was dormant when they purchased it with no vehicles, but it finally does give them to chance to run buses. It is this operator that has registered the Christmas Day service.

Kevin

Are they literally just operating over Christmas?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on December 07, 2016, 07:22:03 PM
Are they literally just operating over Christmas?

Yes - Two days!

Solo1

Kevin

Ah the gift that keeps giving provides once more
For a company that's providing one bus service one day a year, having three buses in company livery (as per the three on the homepage) is impressive
I'd be willing to bet the service is just some bloke driving round in a taxi

Also "If we ever let you down we'll give you a FREE travel voucher so your next journey is on us."
What. Next year?

winston

Quote from: Kevin on December 10, 2016, 09:33:17 PM
Ah the gift that keeps giving provides once more
For a company that's providing one bus service one day a year, having three buses in company livery (as per the three on the homepage) is impressive
I'd be willing to bet the service is just some bloke driving round in a taxi

Also "If we ever let you down we'll give you a FREE travel voucher so your next journey is on us."
What. Next year?

The MAN / Meridian is back with Wheelers, it's owner.

BusFan94

Can't Cityfox just operate bus Services because I mean what's the point of operating over Christmas and then advising it and putting a lot of effort for one bus service in the entire year. But I suspose NXWM, Diamond, Stagecoach, First, Arriva and NXC don't operate over Christmas meaning if you want to go somewhere you have to walk so fair play there but still Pointless.
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Solo1 on December 07, 2016, 05:09:21 PM
http://www.route-one.net/articles/CityFox_to_run_Bristol_route?utm_source=routeone+Master+Subscribers&utm_campaign=c25fca439e-routeone+News+Digest%3A+7+December+2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_584b65a2d5-c25fca439e-99100853

PMSL, Rhys Hand does it again

"A key part of the philosophy that drives our growth is the desire to innovate and explore new opportunities."

Even if they just run one bus service it will be growth,

Don't they realise that the reason very very very few bus services are operated on Christmas Day is because there is no demand.

Parliament today has been debating whether shops should be forced to close on Boxing Day because over 100,000 people had signed a petition. Although it will never happen, it does point to the fact that people need a break at Christmas, bus services are moving closer and closer to becoming a Sunday Service and the consultation document for the new London Midland franchise asks the bidders to consider whether a boxing day service would be achievable??
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

apparently YX53 RXK has turned up on the Christmas services, a dual door Scania Omnicity new to Metrobus, but latterly with Connexions, North Yorkshire

Quote from: Tony on December 26, 2016, 10:46:52 AM
apparently YX53 RXK has turned up on the Christmas services, a dual door Scania Omnicity new to Metrobus, but latterly with Connexions, North Yorkshire
YN53 RXK?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Solo1

Anyone  know how busy the city fox service has been

Kevin

Quote from: Solo1 on December 26, 2016, 05:01:28 PM
Anyone  know how busy the city fox service has been

I honestly can't imagine anyone was that much of a bus nut to actually go and see on Christmas Day itself, but that said someone somewhere has noted what bus it was so maybe...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk