News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Route 23/23A

Started by JoNi, October 16, 2016, 09:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

As usual I caught the first Sunday 2 into town.
Advised everyone it will run five minutes earlier next Sunday to avoid them missing it! They were grateful if a bit no plussed.
The average bus user doesn't use twitter but appreciates being told what is going on!

paulb1973

I see the 23/23A makes no use of Pool Meadow, but uses the Trinity St, Ironmonger Row & Burges circuit when heading to both Fenside and Allesley Park. Are the main loading points for both directions to be found at the Burges? We'll be seeing a '23' on the western part of Corporation St, Queen Victoria Rd, Greyfriars Rd, New Union St and so on for the first time.

JPC

Route map and City centre stands now on NXC website

It seems there's been a last minute decision to provide an additional stop along the route at Hales Street HS2 towards Fenside and Trinity Street TS2 towards Allesley Park, I suppose due to complaints from users on the Allesley Park end regarding The Burges being to far from Pool Meadow, etc.

Map also mentions most buses interwork at Fenside, as far as I can see it is all journeys expect the Sunday journey arriving as 23 at 1006 which departs as 23 at 1010, how is that bus going to turnaround? (I mentioned this error in an earlier post in the garage thread)

More discrepancies...
The Mon-Fri & Sat journeys given as arriving/departing from The Burges at 1804, 1841 and 1921 (towards Fenside) I believe should actually depart at 1808, 1844 and 1924 going by the timings at latter timing points on these journeys.

Furthermore, In the Burges NX says stand BS4 for Fenside & BS6 to Allesley Pk, Traveline is suggesting vice versa.

the trainbasher

Quote from: JPC on October 16, 2016, 06:25:24 PM
Map also mentions most buses interwork at Fenside, as far as I can see it is all journeys expect the Sunday journey arriving as 23 at 1006 which departs as 23 at 1010, how is that bus going to turnaround? (I mentioned this error in an earlier post in the garage thread)

Unless it runs via Leaf Lane and then uses the A45/A46 interchange to turn around?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

monkeyjoe

Where are the newer buses coming from?

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 19, 2016, 08:56:18 PM
Where are the newer buses coming from?

NXC have already received them ie E200's 840-844

monkeyjoe

JoNi

New timetables for 23/A are available from under the counter in Pool Meadow Bus Station Travel Centre if you ask!
Bus seen displaying "23E City Centre" in town today.

JoNi

Not much sign of alliance here!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/zHr603

JPC

So then this morning managed to note the 1010 from Fenside operated as 23A, effectively the wrong way around the 'loop' missing out potential passengers on the 23 spur.  ::)

JoNi

On Saturday mornings buses all go anti clockwise surprised same isn't done on Sunday mornings.
I have suggested using a highlighting pen on running boards to clarify non standard workings to drivers before.....
Probably no risk assessment for taking nib off pen.

Twi

To be fair this is all very new and the drivers operating this are the new starters, older drivers do indeed mark running boards occasionally to highlight non standard workings but these guys are new

JPC

Quote from: Twi on October 30, 2016, 11:18:16 PM
To be fair this is all very new and the drivers operating this are the new starters, older drivers do indeed mark running boards occasionally to highlight non standard workings but these guys are new

No, rookie staff can't be blamed for an error in the scheduling / running board / their work instruction, I did alert NXC roughly 4 weeks beforehand about this but... no response / deaf ears.

JoNi

Its probably a subsidised journey blame the Village People.

John

875 is also branded for the 23/A

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk