News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hansons

Started by Mike360, June 06, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Quote from: Tomjusttom on September 23, 2012, 09:50:14 PM
Actually diamond are not doing well according to the figures i have seen. Some 226s of Hansons make a decent profit unlike the daytime 226 of diamonds which makes a massive loss. According to several diamond 226 drivers they are coming off it anyway next month so won't be long

Im suprised diamond have been on it for so long if their making a huge loss and its has it been registered on VOSA that their coming of it next month? not suprised though have seen a couple of diamond darts leaving Dudley on the 226 with 5/6 people on board only.

Discodave

passenger power works the non compliant diamond buses are going hooray

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Discodave on September 25, 2012, 10:19:21 AM

Very perverse. Let's celebrate an all day 7 day a week operator pulling off, whilst the daytime 6 days a week (when not crashing into bus shelters) op remains....   ???

Ash

When and if diamond does pull off the 226 i bet this will mean goodbye to the £2 Return ticket from Hansons. People moan about diamond but at least they offer cheap return tickets on services that compete with other operators meaning they lower there fare to, competition is good for lots of reasons one is that at least the 226 is currently every 15 minutes and will be reduced back to every 30 minutes when they pull off. 

winston

Quote from: Ash on September 25, 2012, 04:16:50 PM

When and if diamond does pull off the 226 i bet this will mean goodbye to the £2 Return ticket from Hansons. People moan about diamond but at least they offer cheap return tickets on services that compete with other operators meaning they lower there fare to, competition is good for lots of reasons one is that at least the 226 is currently every 15 minutes and will be reduced back to every 30 minutes when they pull off.

May be Hanson's should consider increasing their 226 frequency to every 2o mins when Diamond withdraw, if they can still make money with the Diamond competition, a frequency increase could possibly grow patronage with all revenue going to Hanson's, obviously Hanson's have much lower operating costs than most

Tomjusttom

So NEL111P, said 7 days a week operator can get away with having drivers being abusive and running early, not to mention breaking down every day and not bothering to run the service correctly gets branded the good guys and yet Hansons get branded the bad guys for trying to protect a service THEY built up??

I would rather not have a Sunday service than have one with diamond playing silly beggars with it.

Tomjusttom

And its £2.20 for a Hansons return. Still significantly cheaper then them lot who claim to be swift but in reality put solos on!

hartshill busman 724210

Are`nt Evenings and sunday paid by for by a Centro contact.?

hartshill busman 724210

Tomjusttom

Yes. But of course, diamond don't give two hoots about it, centro don't and even VOSA can't be bothered.

Makes you wonder how diamond gained an extension on the contract

winston

Quote from: hartshill busman on September 25, 2012, 05:04:02 PM
Are`nt Evenings and sunday paid by for by a Centro contact.?

Yes,

I'm sure you wouldn't see Diamond for dust providing an evening / Sunday service without the Centro subsidy

hartshill busman 724210

A mutual  2 year contract extension is offered on many three year deals by Centro.

Tomjusttom

Surely though centro would have reviewed performance. Roll on 2014 then. Good lord.

hartshill busman 724210

Then Arriva can have it ;)

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Tomjusttom on September 25, 2012, 04:49:25 PM
So NEL111P, said 7 days a week operator can get away with having drivers being abusive and running early, not to mention breaking down every day and not bothering to run the service correctly gets branded the good guys and yet Hansons get branded the bad guys for trying to protect a service THEY built up??

I would rather not have a Sunday service than have one with diamond playing silly beggars with it.

Yeah, quite. Judge for yourself with an open mind - & preferably some hard facts to bolster your personal bias.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk