News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Would've liked to have seen one of the original liveried trams preserved, rather than a silver and pink one, but beggars can't be choosers. I remember there being some rumours of them going to the Isle of Wight to replace the old tube stock there, if one of the tunnels could have been adjusted, but either that fell through or someone was fibbing over on RailUK.

I do really miss the T69 trams though, at least when it comes to comfort, the new ones just feel too plasticky and plain inside, and the seats are pretty awful too.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jaysnerz007

What is going to happen to Tram 16 sitting at Wednesbury depot isn't that NXs tram. So when TFWM take over that will be gone too ?

Solo1

Tram 26 is in 2 halves by the sheds any reason for this

JIM H

Tram 26 has been returned from Wolverton Works by road in 2 separate parts, and been repaired after being damaged last year.

andy41

Why do so many of the new stock seem to have glazing issues, with what appears to be failed seals and moisture on the inside of the glaze? Also a lot of door faults and doors locked out. Not good considering their service

Solo1

Will there be a new livery for the metro as it's going to
Be run in house so to speak network West Midlands  running it from end of June

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on May 23, 2018, 05:09:01 PM
Will there be a new livery for the metro as it's going to
Be run in house so to speak network West Midlands  running it from end of June

Why would they change the livery? The trams are owned by TfWM and are already in their own livery, all that is changing is who operates the services.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Dom

Quote from: Stu on May 23, 2018, 07:02:40 PM
Why would they change the livery? The trams are owned by TfWM and are already in their own livery, all that is changing is who operates the services.

New brand....

winston

Quote from: Stu on May 23, 2018, 07:02:40 PM

They are being re-branded as 'West Midlands Metro'
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/transport/2018/05/22/overhaul-on-way-as-midland-metro-is-rebranded/

At 12:55 the display at the stops including the Corporation Street Stop was displaying - "Trams are only operating between West Bromwich and Wolverhampton due to an Incident."

Someone has been hit by a tram at West Bromwich, Trinity Way -
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/2018/06/02/person-dies-after-being-hit-by-tram-in-west-bromwich/
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/midland-metro-shutdown-person-dies-14735259

Also there was a black cab taxi - LO16UET - driving down the Corporation Street Tramway at 12:40, didn't think they were supposed to do that.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

What didn't help today was the Metro twitter account tweeting at about 10.30am that trams were running between Wolverhampton and Grand Central. A Tweet that up for about an hour before it was deleted. And when questioned about it, no reply, no explanation, no apology.
Incorrect information is more disruptive, confusing and stressful to travel plans than a lack of service.

Jordan

my local routes are:

NXWM: 72 72A 17 73
igo 99
sunny travel 71E
r.k. travel 72 and further down the road the 73

Nxwm

@Tony  will staff and partners pass be still allowed to use once tfwm take over?

DJ

Quote from: Jordan on June 20, 2018, 06:26:39 PM
looks like midland metro is changing to west midlands metro

here is the website:

https://westmidlandsmetro.com/directdebit/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

From the looks of that, a repaint of the trams into blue could be likely.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk