News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Do nx not have any manners?

Started by Trident 4194, February 18, 2015, 08:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Maybe I'm being stereotypically... But I have not been on a single bus where a NX driver has said " thankyou" or "your well ome". I think this reflects on NX drivers being miserable due to the fact that they have such tight running timetables, making them annoyed. For a top class company surely they should use manners. Manners cost nothing!

Diamond on the other hand are also a large company, but they manage to say" thankyou", and the majority of them will wait for you if they see you. Well they do on the 4H route anyway. This is the reason why I respect diamond very much. They are always looking happy, even if they are running late. They are a world class operator

Also hansons use manners, and will even ask how you are, and have a conversation with passengers whilst driving. This makes some peoples day, as the driver maybe the only person they speak too all day. The other day the driver was talking too the passengers about the nearest post office. I really do hope hansons make more of themselves in the future.

So NX get paid the most money, yet they look like they get paid minimum working wage. Just my opinion.

Sorry if this will cause any controversy, I hope it will stay on the forum though, as it would be interesting to hear people's thoughts.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 18, 2015, 08:36:21 AM
Maybe I'm being stereotypically... But I have not been on a single bus where a NX driver has said " thankyou" or "your well ome". I think this reflects on NX drivers being miserable due to the fact that they have such tight running timetables, making them annoyed. For a top class company surely they should use manners. Manners cost nothing!

Diamond on the other hand are also a large company, but they manage to say" thankyou", and the majority of them will wait for you if they see you. Well they do on the 4H route anyway. This is the reason why I respect diamond very much. They are always looking happy, even if they are running late. They are a world class operator

Also hansons use manners, and will even ask how you are, and have a conversation with passengers whilst driving. This makes some peoples day, as the driver maybe the only person they speak too all day. The other day the driver was talking too the passengers about the nearest post office. I really do hope hansons make more of themselves in the future.

So NX get paid the most money, yet they look like they get paid minimum working wage. Just my opinion.

Sorry if this will cause any controversy, I hope it will stay on the forum though, as it would be interesting to hear people's thoughts.
Some drivers from YW do.

Dutsey

I have been on plenty buses where the driver has acknowledged me and said thankyou, maybe you shouldn't through names as it is not all drivers.

Niall

Most drivers I come across will thank you back if you say it to them, even if you only hear it quietly through the assault screens.

There's a driver at PE who will say good morning to every passenger as they get on the bus, and will say thank you and have a nice day as they get off the bus, regardless of whether the passenger says anything at all (I'm sure others will know who I mean).
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

CL

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on February 18, 2015, 08:59:04 AM

Some drivers from YW do.

And BC. And PB, PB ones are probably the most politest I've ever had! :)

I do have some drivers, not necessarily from BC or PB, from here and there who'd say it back. Of course, you'll have to say it loud enough for them to hear, ...and maybe without headphones in. Self experience. Go figure. ;)  :P

P.S. I'd say, the only occasion that I wouldn't say thank you, is if the driver is late, or got me late to something like school, y'know?  I mean, it's not like verbal abuse if you weren't to say something anyway, right?  :-\
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

You haven't been on my bus then  ;)

Even though some people don't say it to you, I always find it polite to say 'thank you' when they ask for a ticket. I always acknowledge people when they say thank you/morning etc

There are some drivers that don't say anything at all, but thats up to them

trident4370

You should catch the 35 sometime, theres a regular driver whos always smiling, and he always thanks everyone and says goodbye when they get off even if they dont thank him.  Most of the other drivers in south brum will also reply if you say good morning or thank you to them.

YWDriver

I'm with John on this one. I will always say thanks if someone asks for a ticket and will always say goodbye/thanks to anyone who is getting off and says thanks. The problem is it is a viscous circle as the public has the general perception of drivers that they are rude and do therefore not acknowledge them which in turn leads drivers to deem passengers as rude and not acknowledge them as they think why should I bother. As has been said, in reality, most drivers are top blokes who would acknowledge someone who spoke to them.

What you also have to realise is that we can't (or at least shouldn't) have a chat with someone whilst driving as if you have a DQM and they see you being distracted whilst you are driving then it will be a chat with the boss at the very least.

P419 EJW

Unfortunately, there are some drivers who can be really miserable and refuse to say anything - it is like they are there just to drive. I know that because there are some miserable drivers in Wolverhampton, mostly are Asians, and they are -terrible- drivers - but that is another subject.

Good news, not all drivers are miserable! I have met a small number of Walsall drivers because I was travelling on the Walsall B6s and B10Ls a lot last year, therefore, these drivers started to recognise me every time I get on the bus. We started from acknowledging each other to having small conversations at the break. After that, it seems that we sort of "know" each other, every time I am in either Walsall or Wolverhampton bus stations, we acknowledge each other in person or on the bus and  occasionally have small conversations during the breaks. I also have met two or three Wolverhampton drivers, they are uniquely nice compared to the other Wolverhampton drivers. That goes to show that drivers can be nice.

I agree with @clayderman that Perry Barr drivers seem to be the most politest. Every time I wait for the X51 in Birmingham, I see passengers ask questions to the drivers on 907, they were happy to answer them.

I would say the PB would be at the top, Walsall being second, Wolverhampton being right at the bottom. I would like to get on the bus that the kind PE (PN) driver drives one day.

vinh1000

PB definitely got some polite drivers never had problems :)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Westy

My friend's sister whos on the 311/313 rota, she's fair & pleasant!

Stuharris 6360

Isn't it just the point that all companys will have very good, polite drivers, but you will always get some that are not. As Esther Rantzen used to say, "That's Life"!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Other Walsall Tony

There is a lady driver at Walsall whose hair colour may be a tribute to the late Walsall Corporation Transport. She is unfailingly polite and pleasant to her passengers.
Tony

domino.99

Quote from: P419 EJW on February 18, 2015, 02:20:52 PM
Good news, not all drivers are miserable! I have met a small number of Walsall drivers because I was travelling on the Walsall B6s and B10Ls a lot last year, therefore, these drivers started to recognise me every time I get on the bus. We started from acknowledging each other to having small conversations at the break. After that, it seems that we sort of "know" each other, every time I am in either Walsall or Wolverhampton bus stations, we acknowledge each other in person or on the bus and  occasionally have small conversations during the breaks. I also have met two or three Wolverhampton drivers, they are uniquely nice compared to the other Wolverhampton drivers. That goes to show that drivers can be nice.

To be fair Liam me and you both know there are nice drivers at WN several of them on Bilston but then yes there are some arseholes as well.

Liverpool Street

I was one of the arsehole drivers. I didn't have the time to be bothered between the scum and the genuine passengers. So I didn't say a word to anyone. Unless it was @Mike K, I let him share my cab :-)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk