News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Accidents/incidents on the railway

Started by JoNi, January 14, 2015, 09:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Three people on the track were killed when struck by a train at Loughborough Junction, south London this morning.

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: JoNi on June 18, 2018, 10:55:47 AM
Three people on the track were killed when struck by a train at Loughborough Junction, south London this morning.
Some reports say body parts in bags found on railway. Lets not jump to conclusions...
Tony

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on June 18, 2018, 12:11:15 PM
Some reports say body parts in bags found on railway

I thought it was aerosols, not ar$eholes ????

Kevin

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on June 18, 2018, 05:16:25 PM
I thought it was aerosols, not ar$eholes ????

I know it's a rather unsettling situation and all that....
But just take a moment to appreciate that joke, well played sir
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Solo1

No trains at the moment Birmingham new st & international due to.person hit by train

DJ

Quote from: Solo1 on December 02, 2018, 10:20:02 AM
No trains at the moment Birmingham new st & international due to.person hit by train

No issues coming into New Street from Soho, so that side seems fine.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

mikestone

323216 reported going to Liverpool, presumably as a result of stock disruption - I believe Wolverhampton work all Sunday trains, even to the extent of going passenger to Crewe to work the Sunday starter, against all diagramming principles.

windy miller

mmmmmm.......TFL class 345 unit opened passenger doors on the wrong side at  Stratford on Friday morning (18th January) @ 09.30am   with the platform side locked. Fortunately no one leaning against it at the time as the consequences  could have been unimaginable . both platform and unit taken out of service pending investigations.
     Possible fault with ASDO  system  is there a similar system on the Midland metro? or are the doors operated by the driver? :-\
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

mikestone

All doors are opened by the driver or guard except possibly on Thameslink core. As far as I am aware all ASDO does is confirms that the train is in the right place - some stations have reminder boards to open the doors on a particular side so presumably doesn't manage which side the platform is.
;
In any case I don't think CL.345 doors normally open automatically, although they may have the option for the tunnel section. 

Stuharris 6360

Incident with last nights Eustoin to Glasgow/Edinburgh sleeper service.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-48608093

The carriages are currently parked in Crewe station with severe wheelflats.

Tonights Glasgow/Edinburgh sleeper service is replaced by a coach service.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Wolverhampton Station currently shut due to a one under. Delays expected for rest of day..

mikestone

Happened about 13.00 and on the move by 14.15.

B61 ANDREW

66057 through the buffer stop and in the dirt at the end of the bankers spur , Bromsgrove.  Ex-works 66175 was attempting to haul the offending loco back around 15.30 , still trying at 16.00 !!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk