News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Realistically:
Reroute the 3 to serve Solihull instead of/as well as Shirley Green

Fantasy:
Evening and Sunday service on the 129, between Queens Head and Birmingham
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Kevin

Extend the 952 from Perry Beeches via Old Oscott and shady lane to Kingstanding Circle, covering the part of the 997, and then the 997 itself can be a more direct service making it a bit more attractive for people in Pheasey and Aldridge
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

CL

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 15, 2014, 09:19:26 PM
Quote from: clayderman on November 15, 2014, 09:04:46 PM
Have Harborne Services go to the Markets, like the 103 (now 24) - but with all the Harborne Corridor. i.e. 22, 23, 24 (obviously), 29/A... Under a different number, of course...

Alternatively, introduce service 25. Markets to Weoley Castle, via Colmore Row, Augustus Road, then Harborne (via Westfield Road), Welsh House Farm, Quinton, West Boulevard, Bartley Green, Kitwell, then back round Bartley Green.

I agree, a Harborne service could serve that side of town, but not all of them.

Service 25 wouldn't work with the route you've provided. It wouldn't need to go via Welsh House. And rather then Bartley or Kitwell, how about Quinton Church? Just a thought.

Possibly. A link between the Hagley Road & Harborne Services. I like it. I like it a lot. :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

trident4370

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 18, 2014, 09:26:03 PM
Realistically:
Reroute the 3 to serve Solihull instead of/as well as Shirley Green

Fantasy:
Evening and Sunday service on the 129, between Queens Head and Birmingham

The 3 suggestion is very sensible, no idea about the 129 though!

CL

Have early Hagley Road services go around Five Ways? Obviously when the service is operating off-peak on an outbound...

Have the Inner Circle serve Heaton Street again. There are still some erected bus stops & shelters. The Shelters are in good conditions, however, the bus stop poles could do with some TLC.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

Quote from: clayderman on November 20, 2014, 08:45:53 PM
Have early Hagley Road services go around Five Ways? Obviously when the service is operating off-peak on an outbound...

What do you mean?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ossie

Quote from: ARJ2901 on November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM
Money or patronage is no issue here as it's just for fun, so have at it :)

Pure fantasy this day and age, but I'd love to see a 1986 Devon General style minibus network on the streets of Erdington and Sutton Coldfield.  The Queen Street / High Street junction in the centre of  Exeter used to be a bus-spotter's paradise; wall-to-wall minibuses in every direction .....  :D

Tony

Quote from: Ossie on November 20, 2014, 10:45:35 PM
Quote from: ARJ2901 on November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM
Money or patronage is no issue here as it's just for fun, so have at it :)

Pure fantasy this day and age, but I'd love to see a 1986 Devon General style minibus network on the streets of Erdington and Sutton Coldfield.  The Queen Street / High Street junction in the centre of  Exeter used to be a bus-spotter's paradise; wall-to-wall minibuses in every direction .....  :D

It was tried in 1986 and didn't work!

JoNi

But it was a sight see them all parked with there roof vents going round!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: JoNi on November 21, 2014, 11:36:55 AM
But it was a sight see them all parked with there roof vents going round!

Aww yes I remember those! Good memories
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Alex

Here's another one, this time on behalf of some of my school's students:

Have an additional service covering Wolverhampton-New Invention via the Lichfield Rd. Fir this, i would use number 88, have the service follow the 69 up to the turn that the 41 takes for Walsall, routing this service to use Stroud Ave, to give a quarter hourly service between Lodge Farm and Wolverhampton. From Lodge Farm, the route should turn right to serve Lane Head, then following the old 342 route back to New Invention up the Lucknow Rd, then just the inverse of the Wton-New Invention route back to Wton. This could be run half hourly, interworking with the 69 (would've suggested the 89, but as it interworks with the 8, in Walsall, maybe not).

Like i said, this is just for fun
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

sonic84

Trident 4194

Quote from: sonic84 on December 05, 2014, 09:10:34 PM
I'd like to see the 192 extended back to Birmingham.

I agree, but when central connect did it, it wasn't the most reliable of services

Stu

Having witnessed more traffic chaos earlier this evening in Acocks Green, I think something needs to be done about the services that use Stand AL.

I could see a Diamond 30 already badly parked in the bay, presumably laying over. While at the same time a Silverline 36 was awkwardly positioned at the stop and waiting to make up time. So a NXWM 1 was having to load up in the middle of the road, causing a long tail-back down Shirley Road as no cars could get through.

The stop is overcrowded as it is, with the 30, 96 and 99 using it to layover during the daytime, as well as the frequent 1 and 31 and less frequent 36 services calling there. Maybe the Diamond 30, 96 and 99 should unload at stand AH, and then disappear down Shirley Road, turn round at the island, and layover at the stop there, before coming back to stand AL to load for their outward journeys?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

The Fox 4846

I would make the 46 & the 654 one route by changing the 46 so it turns down Brichfield road towards Aston six ways and there it would run the 654 route, it will be the 46 and will run every 30 mins daytime frequency Monday - Friday.(uses 2 less buses)

Changes:
115 - 915, now runs along Aston Expressway instead of Lichfield road.
94 PB - BC
66A - 111

New Route:112 same as 66A/111 from Erdington - Court Lane, then Chester road, Kings road until Kingstanding Circle, then back to Erdington again. Runs every 30 mins Monday - Saturday Daytime, runs every 15 mins with 111 between Erdington, Goosemoor lane and Perry Common.
P.S. 112 uses the 2 buses left from the 46, 654 merge.

2 MORE NEW ROUTES:
992 & 994 using buses 4763 - 4776, operated by PB and the buses would transfer from WA - PB when the new platinum buses start service at Walsall.
992: same as 934 from Birmingham - Kingstanding circle then Kingstanding road, Cooksey lane, Wandsworth road, Bandywood road, Lambeth road, Romney way, Bonnington way, Wimperis way,
Beacon road, Collingwood Drive, Hillingford Avenue, Beacon road, Quesslett road, Old Horns crescent, Aldridge road, Beacon road and back to Birmingham.
994: same as 934 from Birmingham - Perry Barr (BCU) then same as 33 from Perry Barr (BCU) - Cooksey lane, then Wandsworth road, Bandywood road, Lambeth road, Quesslett road, Birmingham road, M6 J7 Island, then back to Birmingham.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk