News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Travel de Courcey -- General Thread

Started by Valandil, June 27, 2014, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulb1973

Sandy Lane

There is not much chat about DeCourcey these days?

Even their news section on their webpages look like nothing has happened for ages. The Christmas running dates refer to Christmas 2016! Remember Diamond ran the 60 on Boxing Day last year!

Sandy Lane

I cannot find details on TDC Christmas 2017 running. Does anyone have the gen?

JoNi

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 09, 2017, 07:11:49 PM
I cannot find details on TDC Christmas 2017 running. Does anyone have the gen?

Traveline shows service operated on each day over Chrismas under each route. They are not running 60 on Boxing Day.

Sandy Lane

Thanks for the info JoNi.
Will another operator be running the 60? I think Diamond did it last year.

JoNi

TfWM website has list of services operating on Boxing Day highlighting services being run by operators stating route 5 as not running in Coventry and that operators not mentioned are not running services.

t.w.moore

More ex  London Dennis Tridents are seen at Rowley Rd. depot. They are LY52 XY0, LX03 UPO, LX03 BYG and LX03 ORV are in London Red.
of these LX03 OPU is without an engine.  And 3 more, LX03 BWJ and LX03 BZB and  LX03 NGZ have been refurbished and are in fleet colours.
The V regd ex London Tridents are up for sale.
Concreting the new works and Offices progresses in stages and will be completed in February.

Sandy Lane

546 broken in Coventry with service van on the scene. Was on 585 route.

Sandy Lane

Was the 585 running today? Gave up waiting for it. The MDC web pages are little use and only talk about Friday's  disruption.

Sandy Lane

Solo1

Straightlines

Quote from: Solo1 on April 05, 2018, 08:58:02 AM
Any photos of th new look depot

What new depot?

The building work appears to have grinded to a halt again.

I would imagine the loss of JLR will have significant cash flow implications for them now so building a new depot is probably lower on the priority list...

t.w.moore

When at Travel DeCourcey today I can note that all the interior concreting had been completed, the outside perimeter walls are up  the correct height and bricklayers are building interior walls.
Among the ex London Tridents to be seen, as reported earlier in this coloum on January 24th, were LX03 BYG has been mechanically completed and the bus was about to leave the depot on route for repainting in I suggest Birmingham Miller St. premises. And LX03 OPU is completed overhaul/repainting, but  has not entered service up to date. Two other ex London Tridents 817 and 822 look in a sorry state, (822 after RTA) and are surely withdrawn.

t.w.moore

Straightlines above telling of de Courceys loss of the JLR contract is a enormous turn of events. Does he know who will take over this contract, and have any reasons be given?.

Quote from: t.w.moore on April 25, 2018, 08:32:50 PM
Straightlines above telling of de Courceys loss of the JLR contract is a enormous turn of events. Does he know who will take over this contract, and have any reasons be given?.
Its been said many times National Express West Midlands have got the JLR contract.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk