News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Favourite photograph from main site

Started by Liverpool Street, December 08, 2013, 08:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: andyr on December 29, 2014, 11:09:11 PM
D 932 ODA. Perhaps the best coach i have ever driven and still looks so modern despite being built in 1987. A true classic.

I think Tony might argue with you there, for the top spot to go to sister Metroliner E906TOJ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22694662@N06/3093555734

Tony

They were as good as identical to drive. The most annoying thing is 5 more were half built at the time ofMCWs demise. If only they were finished!

andyr

E 906 always had better breaks though Tony. After all the fantastic coaches i have been lucky enough to of been allocated to me over the last 18 years working for Parrys the coaches i would most like to drive again would be D 932 or E906. I never new 5 more were in build, who were they for Tony ? 

Tony

Quote from: andyr on December 31, 2014, 12:58:20 AM
E 906 always had better breaks though Tony. After all the fantastic coaches i have been lucky enough to of been allocated to me over the last 18 years working for Parrys the coaches i would most like to drive again would be D 932 or E906. I never new 5 more were in build, who were they for Tony ?

East Kent had five on order, and from what I was told from MCW staff the first one was almost finished with the other 4 in various stages of build

CL

DEFINITELY this: http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4001-4224/4005.html

Obviously the photos at the bottom - I mean, when can you see a bowtie & party hat on a bus nowadays? :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

7053: this is a new one on me never seen this before an ALEXANDER VOLVO B-55 mk 3 in wmpte colours, early 80s , all the others I,ve seen are N or P plates mid 70s,
So what's the story behind this, does it  still exist
It's displaying 127 brandhall is this a short working or did the route only run as far as brandhall in the 80s
I would have loved to have driven one of these, I was told by an ex Oldbury engineer a real proper bus these were, Metrobus no contest

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on January 07, 2015, 11:08:18 AM
7053: this is a new one on me never seen this before an ALEXANDER VOLVO B-55 mk 3 in wmpte colours, early 80s , all the others I,ve seen are N or P plates mid 70s,
It's displaying 127 brandhall is this a short working or did the route only run as far as brandhall in the 80s
I would have loved to have driven one of these, I was told by an ex Oldbury engineer a real proper bus these were, Metrobus no contest

There is a bit of a sad story behind 7053. It was on extended loan from GGPTE for demonstration and was liked so WMPTE tried to order a batch, but was blocked from doing so by the County Council who only wanted to buy 'local' buses.

The vehicle itself returned to Glasgow and served a normal life up there and when it was withdrawn it was purchased by a group down here with the intention of preserving it in WMPTE colours as in the photograph, but it was found to have suffered accident damage in Glasgow and had a twisted chassis which was too expensive to repair

Shame that, a very unique bus indeed , still looks fairly modern imO

2968: former West Midlands metrobus painted in that shade of blue does really suite it, place some gold stripes on it you would almost have Walsall corporation livery.

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2015, 11:19:08 AM
Quote from: 2900 on January 07, 2015, 11:08:18 AM

There is a bit of a sad story behind 7053. It was on extended loan from GGPTE for demonstration and was liked so WMPTE tried to order a batch, but was blocked from doing so by the County Council who only wanted to buy 'local' buses.

The vehicle itself returned to Glasgow and served a normal life up there and when it was withdrawn it was purchased by a group down here with the intention of preserving it in WMPTE colours as in the photograph, but it was found to have suffered accident damage in Glasgow and had a twisted chassis which was too expensive to repair

Ah yes I remember this beast, it spent much of its time on the 127 from my recollections. As far as I know the 127 didn't terminate at Brandhall (wasn't it Cradley Heath in those days?) but it could be a short working as it only had a 3 track number blind so was unable to display an 'E' with a 3 digit number. Sadly I never got to travel on this.

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Sh4318

Quote from: clayderman on January 29, 2015, 09:31:11 PM
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/gonebatches/2001-2435/2253.html

Beautiful line of Mark I Metrobuses at Symphony Hall.

How I miss those days... I remember when all types of Metrobus were allocated to the Outer Circle :P

I love train photos in the snow, especially this one of 153371:
http://wmbusphotos.com/Trains/class153/153371.html
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Tony

Quote from: Sh4318 on February 01, 2015, 12:11:50 PM
Quote from: clayderman on January 29, 2015, 09:31:11 PM
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/gonebatches/2001-2435/2253.html

Beautiful line of Mark I Metrobuses at Symphony Hall.

How I miss those days... I remember when all types of Metrobus were allocated to the Outer Circle :P

I love train photos in the snow, especially this one of 153371:
http://wmbusphotos.com/Trains/class153/153371.html

Two in the snow on that page, 7 years apart, same train, same location, different company!

Trident 4194

4741, on 21st February, put on today, looks very new and festive

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk