News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NBFL (Borismasters)

Started by Tony, November 01, 2013, 09:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

@Stevo When the original prototypes entered service on the 38, you are correct in saying that drivers were used as CAs for a time. Then, as these buses were being trialled, they were used in OPO mode. For a period last year, they were trialled using CAs for part of the route which is now the plan. LTs are now being phased in on the 38 and total conversion to LT has been scheduled for Mid June.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2014, 08:35:47 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on May 29, 2014, 08:10:39 PM
@Stevo, They shouldn't have the rear door closed between 7am and 7pm on a weekday as that is when the CAs are employed, during the evening, overnight & at weekends the buses are in one person mode.

LT148 is now in coca cola ad livery.

I think they are going to put the CAs on when the route is converted, because it is such a massive PVR I think they are slowly dropping extra buses on as they get them prepared, then doing the full two man thing. Remember the 38 has had LT4-7 on in one man mode for a couple of years now

Just had it confirmed by London Transport group that the LTs are running with CAs for part of the route!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on May 29, 2014, 09:15:35 PM
@Stevo, They shouldn't have the rear door closed between 7am and 7pm on a weekday as that is when the CAs are employed, during the evening, overnight & at weekends the buses are in one person mode.

I think they are going to put the CAs on when the route is converted, because it is such a massive PVR I think they are slowly dropping extra buses on as they get them prepared, then doing the full two man thing. Remember the 38 has had LT4-7 on in one man mode for a couple of years now

Just had it confirmed by London Transport group that the LTs are running with CAs for part of the route!

They weren't on Monday when I was down there although it was Bank Holiday

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2014, 09:19:31 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on May 29, 2014, 09:15:35 PM

They weren't on Monday when I was down there although it was Bank Holiday

Only route that has CAs working on weekend & Bank Holidays at the moment is the 11, routes 9, 10, 24, 38 & 390 only have CAs Monday to Friday from around 7am till 7pm and route 148 is totally OPO.

on the 38, CAs only operate between Mildmay Park & Victoria, for the rest of the route the buses run OPO.

Ex BC driver

Saw a group of six people in plain clothes and Arriva hi viz vests the other week looking round Victoria bus station, possibly trainee CAs

JoNi

It has been announced that Stagecoach operated routes 55/N55 will be converted to Borismaster from 28th February 2015 using 34 vehicles.

Stuharris 6360

That's interesting, when was that annouinced?

JoNi

Today, seen on London based transport forum posted by very reliable chap.
He also stated Stagecoach had also retained 56 with new Hybrid buses from same date.

tphi12000

Noted an all white Borismaster on the M6 passing through the Midlands this morning.
Tony

Ex BC driver

LT280 and LT300 were heading south on the M6 this morning, both for Go Ahead. The Go Ahead logos are white, I wonder if this is standard now in London

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt on December 31, 2014, 06:15:04 PM
A few weeks ago, on a trip down in London, my coach was stopped at the lights alongside a Borismaster in service. The rear doors were open, and a lady attempted to board with a young child. Just as the child jumped on, the lights turned green and the vehicle pulled off with the child on board and the lady running behind. That was the last I saw of it

Standard way to board a back loader then...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Matt on December 31, 2014, 08:07:08 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 31, 2014, 07:57:42 PM
Quote from: Matt on December 31, 2014, 06:15:04 PM
A few weeks ago, on a trip down in London, my coach was stopped at the lights alongside a Borismaster in service. The rear doors were open, and a lady attempted to board with a young child. Just as the child jumped on, the lights turned green and the vehicle pulled off with the child on board and the lady running behind. That was the last I saw of it

Standard way to board a back loader then...

Wasn't that many complaints during the first 80 years of buses operating. If you messed up and fell over or similar it was you own fault!

I think you missed the crucial point that the mother was separated from her child. Whilst I am not a fan of the ridiculous health & safety regulations of today it seems to me that it's all too easy for accidents to occur with people boarding a moving vehicle

Adam 404

I have a few NB4Ls, if you want them...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk