News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Discount Travel Solutions

Started by winston, October 30, 2013, 07:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Only saw 1 of their buses at approx 1120 on 29
Didn't see the 63e one

Solo1

Solo1

Solo1

Legals say discount travel soloutions unit 11-12 Anne rd Smethwick so vosa need
update their  info

the trainbasher

Any idea what times do their services run?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

nitromatt1

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 14, 2014, 04:29:44 PM

A couple of minutes before NX

fleetline6477

Quote from: Matt on May 14, 2014, 04:31:03 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on May 14, 2014, 04:29:44 PM

A couple of minutes before NX
Considering the frequency of buses on Bristol Road and route 29 it is inevitable that any competitor will run a few minutes before NX! With the number of vehicles they have they can only be running a 30 / 40 minute service at the very most.

Liverpool Street

Their timings aren't really a couple of minutes before NX on the Bristol Road, as the timetable has less time then NX, so it'll catch up with the NX bus in front.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Sh4318

Saw one of their darts on the 29 today and yesterday. No timetable for the 29 available on NWM. Never seen them on the BR
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Steveminor

Their timetables on nwm website 29 runs hourly at 35 past each hour from Birmingham & 30 past from Northfield.  63 runs at different times but mainly 10 & 40 from Birmingham

PM

@Steveminor Do you know if they intend to add more vehicles or if indeed the services have taken off?

Steveminor

The 63 isn't too bad but the 29 (as you'd expect) isn't doing as well. It's too early yet for him to talk about expanding. He wants too but "you have to walk before you can run"

PM

Quote from: Steveminor on May 15, 2014, 09:09:10 PM
The 63 isn't too bad but the 29 (as you'd expect) isn't doing as well. It's too early yet for him to talk about expanding. He wants too but "you have to walk before you can run"

I'd personally suggest to him running as a 63E to Northfield as that is the busier bit of the route and enables you to up the frequency within existing resources...

The 29 is an interesting route choice to be honest, as I imagine you agree. It seems very busy in peaks and then off peaks it is mostly OAPs and a lot of pushchairs! Fair few travelcards on that corridor and from Harborne to Birmingham, you're kind of lost in a sea of new volvos, e400's and e200's. Plus it does seem lightly loaded during the daytime anyway...

Without expanding too fast, going all out on the BR could work. To think there was Diamond on there several times an hour, an extra 2 bph run by First, Travel Express, Thandi etc etc and those lot seemed to keep going on there for years with some decent loads, especially on Travel Express!

the trainbasher

Public Inquiry (48653) to be held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL, on 05 June 2014 commencing at 10:30(Previous Publication:(2200)
)
PD1121581          SN
DISCOUNT TRAVEL SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Director(s): BALKAR SINGH.
8 ERNEST ROAD  SMETHWICK B67 7LP

PSV - S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV - S26 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 26 (The Transport Act 1985)
PSV - S111 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 111 (The Transport Act 1985)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Oh dear...

@the trainbasher

Any idea what these offenses equate to in practice?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk