News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Name & shame

Started by Tony, August 22, 2013, 07:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busfan2847

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Tony on June 16, 2015, 07:44:48 PM
Can you put a link direct to the photo on please, flickr search isn't finding it for me

@Tony, it's here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/66024294@N07/

Tony

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on June 16, 2015, 08:15:57 PM
Appears to have gone now! Thanks for the link.

@Tony It was there 10 minutes ago, which leads me to suspect that whoever it was is monitoring this forum.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 16, 2015, 08:18:34 PM
@Tony It was there 10 minutes ago, which leads me to suspect that whoever it was is monitoring this forum.

That is why I said thanks for the link, One email worked wonders!

trident4370

John

Found someone ripping off 3 of my photos. The funny thing is that he claims that he rode two of the buses on the day and has put his copyright on it, and that they were all taken on 1st April 2015!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattenigma/16791504877/ - Actually taken on 28/3/15

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattenigma/17001283375/ - Actually taken on 9/5/14

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattenigma/16999723782/ - Actually taken on 13/2/14

I don't know if the others on the WM page of his are other peoples too
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattenigma/sets/72157648105700834

Ashley 60171

From Facebook

Jacks. Nxwm bus page

Quite a few photos that belong to @Tony  and @4006 on there. His name is Jack Jonesy Jones on Facebook and registered on here as Jack Jones briefly.

I have asked him more than once to remove every photo he didn't take including some of mine but I was talking to a brick wall

Edit

@Rob2832 and if we have a Craig Dutton on here then your photos also on this page

Hi Ash

I haven't seen myself as I'm not on facebook maybe he should be reported to facebook moderators?

Regards

Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on June 24, 2015, 10:31:06 AM
From Facebook

Jacks. Nxwm bus page

Quite a few photos that belong to @Tony  and @4006 on there. His name is Jack Jonesy Jones on Facebook and registered on here as Jack Jones briefly.

I have asked him more than once to remove every photo he didn't take including some of mine but I was talking to a brick wall

Edit

@Rob2832 and if we have a Craig Dutton on here then your photos also on this page

Said prolific photo thief has said that if a photo is shown on Google, there is some sort of common law that says that those photos aren't owned by anybody. Got to go straight in the top 5 crap excuses ive ever heard. His belief is the same as the quote, if its on the internet, anybody can have it. I know my persistence may make me sound like I'm moaning again but I'm not. It's just not fair on talented photographers/knowledgeable enthusiasts (I don't fit in either category but hey ho)

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on June 25, 2015, 11:08:23 PM
Said prolific photo thief has said that if a photo is shown on Google, there is some sort of common law that says that those photos aren't owned by anybody. Got to go straight in the top 5 crap excuses ive ever heard. His belief is the same as the quote, if its on the internet, anybody can have it. I know my persistence may make me sound like I'm moaning again but I'm not. It's just not fair on talented photographers/knowledgeable enthusiasts (I don't fit in either category but hey ho)

Yes they can 'copy' it but they cannot distribute it which is clearly what a lot of ppl do including Mr original 'Jacksy Jones'. Then again you can't smoke in the bus station...drive a car with no insurance....neither r u supposed to rape & stab ppl. We live in a society of animals, so I guess getting someone to remove a picture......
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

domino.99

A certain member *cough* @Rhys S *cough* has stolen a photo from my flickr

The first picture shows it on my flickr. Another reason Rhys has stolen this photo is because HE IS ONBOARD! Top left window.

The second shows it on his facebook page uploaded on May 19Th.

Now I'll ask politely first for @Rhys S to take the photo down by 00:00 on Friday 3rd July I will take further action against his facebook page as this is not the first time he has done this.

Following this I messaged @Rhys S to ask him more personally to take it down and reiterate that he had stolen the photo and that it was breaking the law and his response was along the lines of 'He dosen't care'

I am saying this now that I apologise if people think I am being harsh on Rhys but I do not appreciate people stealing photos as wouldn't most people.

Tara4352

I am on that photo so by rights I will keep the photo

NXWM Spectra

This isn't the first time he's stolen a photo, as you're aware @Dom. Maybe you should remind him of where the law stands on photography. Also remind him that his age doesn't make a difference.

Is he even old enough for Facebook?

domino.99

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on July 02, 2015, 05:06:01 PM
This isn't the first time he's stolen a photo, as you're aware @Dom. Maybe you should remind him of where the law stands on photography. Also remind him that his age doesn't make a difference.

Is he even old enough for Facebook?

Tried mate, intellectual property use is effective and states that only the creator (I.e me!) has the ownership to the item in question (I.e My Photo) and that if someone wished to use it they must ask permission or it is a crime. I believe not I think the age min for FaceBook is 13 (Although not 100%)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk