News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob H

Anything to do with Acocks Green Garage post here :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

monkeyjoe

Could this garage take on any extra work. I would much prefer them to run 94. Not sure why but this garage seems to have much better standards than a lot of the others.

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 25, 2013, 05:01:54 PM
Could this garage take on any extra work. I would much prefer them to run 94. Not sure why but this garage seems to have much better standards than a lot of the others.

AG's allocation is currently 143 buses, I'm sure that they have had a higher allocation than that prior to the Solihull Review, so should have some spare capacity?

Stu

Quote from: Winston on July 25, 2013, 05:27:54 PM

AG's allocation is currently 143 buses, I'm sure that they have had a higher allocation than that prior to the Solihull Review, so should have some spare capacity?

I think prior to the Solihull and East Bham / North Solihull reviews, the allocation was probably not much different. Since these reviews, while many services have been withdrawn, (30, 36, 38, 41, 42, S2, S3 etc), other services such as the 11A/C, 37 and 71 have had frequency increases, and routes such as the 31, 72 and 73 have been extended, plus the transfer in of the 966 service, which have 'soaked' up the spare buses that would have been surplus.

I'm sure it's been stated elsewhere that most garages are currently at or near full capacity, and I'm pretty sure AG probably doesn't have a lot of spare capacity. Though I'm happy to be corrected!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Stu on July 25, 2013, 06:02:29 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 25, 2013, 05:27:54 PM

I think prior to the Solihull and East Bham / North Solihull reviews, the allocation was probably not much different. Since these reviews, while many services have been withdrawn, (30, 36, 38, 41, 42, S2, S3 etc), other services such as the 11A/C, 37 and 71 have had frequency increases, and routes such as the 31, 72 and 73 have been extended, plus the transfer in of the 966 service, which have 'soaked' up the spare buses that would have been surplus.

I'm sure it's been stated elsewhere that most garages are currently at or near full capacity, and I'm pretty sure AG probably doesn't have a lot of spare capacity. Though I'm happy to be corrected!

Stu,

I seem to remember that AG once had an allocation of circa 155 - 160?

Kevin

Surely PB have a bit of room left, with the 934 moving out?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

winston

Quote from: Kevin on July 25, 2013, 09:12:41 PM

Surely PB have a bit of room left, with the 934 moving out?

PB didn't even have enough room to take delivery of the E400's, they had to be swapped on a one for one basis. The 934 moving out has only resulted in the five E400's moving out

Wouldn't mind seeing some investment on my local route (966). Not a fan of the presidents, wouldn't mind seeing some enviros or even tridents running the route, but that would mean AG gaining a new vehicle type. Do BC still run a early morning run on the 966?

Trident 4609

Quote from: 966 on July 25, 2013, 11:26:45 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing some investment on my local route (966). Not a fan of the presidents, wouldn't mind seeing some enviros or even tridents running the route, but that would mean AG gaining a new vehicle type. Do BC still run a early morning run on the 966?

I think BC still do operate an early morning journey which i think someone on here said goes onto a 97 so a 97 branded trident usually runs it.

Rob H

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 26, 2013, 09:18:04 AM
Quote from: 966 on July 25, 2013, 11:26:45 PM

I think BC still do operate an early morning journey which i think someone on here said goes onto a 97 so a 97 branded trident usually runs it.

Yes it runs a 966 Journey to Solihull and arrives into Solihull between 8-8:30am then runs empty to Chelmsley Wood then goes onto the 97 :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Trident 4609

Thanks for confirming that rob :) I do remember a few weeks back somebody on here reported a 97 branded trident on the 966.

Nathan4775

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 26, 2013, 06:27:51 PM
I do remember a few weeks back somebody on here reported a 97 branded trident on the 966.

That was me ;) ;D ;D. But I didn't know that BC ran one journey  8)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Stu

Back on topic, while travelling home this evening, I spotted an unusually large number of 37 short workings; the 37 I got on, was being closely followed by a 37E to Olton Station, while we passed in the opposite direction approx 4 37Es showing 'Camp Hill Island'.

Bad weather been causing delays I suspect?

My locals:

JB93

Quote from: Stu on July 29, 2013, 07:46:30 PM
Back on topic, while travelling home this evening, I spotted an unusually large number of 37 short workings; the 37 I got on, was being closely followed by a 37E to Olton Station, while we passed in the opposite direction approx 4 37Es showing 'Camp Hill Island'.

Bad weather been causing delays I suspect?

Most likely. I saw a crazy amount of 97P's going down Bosworth Drive in packs together earlier today too. I think that might be because of Chelmsley Road's closure though, as all the traffic is diverted along Bosworth Drive. Weird seeing 94's going down there too.

Stu

September 1st changes; Service 1 will no longer serve the Town Hall at all:
http://networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/01September13.aspx

I hope it will continue to serve Broad Street / Sheepcote St, as I frequently use this service on Sundays to connect with the 120 if I'm visiting my parents in Langley.

I imagine the curtailing of daytime journeys might see the PVR reduced by 1, unless the changes are to improve the reliability. There's generally no issues at the times I use the 1, but in the evening the timetable is a bit tight when just 2 buses are used, I can't speak for journeys at other times.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk