News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Simply;

Volvo B5LH Euro 6 in the garage with dual door and red livery. The rear looks like the NBFL, wish I had a mobile with a camera as I could've got a pic. Had a load of top execs on board as well. Something different every day at BC - crazy.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: The Rat on July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM
Simply;

Volvo B5LH Euro 6 in the garage with dual door and red livery. The rear looks like the NBFL, wish I had a mobile with a camera as I could've got a pic. Had a load of top execs on board as well. Something different every day at BC - crazy.

I assume it may be a Wrightbus Demo destined for trials in London

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on July 01, 2013, 07:14:57 PM
Simply;

More then likely. The front was hardly changed but the rear was shocking. The lights were all spread out with uneven gaps between the indicators brakes and reversing lights. Like you said before; bring the standard Geminis with standard wheelbase.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: The Rat on July 01, 2013, 07:43:07 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 01, 2013, 07:14:57 PM
Simply;

More then likely. The front was hardly changed but the rear was shocking. The lights were all spread out with uneven gaps between the indicators brakes and reversing lights. Like you said before; bring the standard Geminis with standard wheelbase.

Yes I would still like to see NX dual source double deckers as they did in the past just to add a bit of variety.

Liverpool Street

Now that's what I'm saying regarding the E400's. If we had some variation - back in the day we had Tridents, Spectras, B7's (various bodies), etc etc but now; blurgh.

I mean hell I'll even welcome that MCV or MAN or some other unknown brand just for variation. Not only for myself not to get bored but to make prices low by bargaining various manufacturers against each other - it makes for good business.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: The Rat on July 01, 2013, 09:14:51 PM
Now that's what I'm saying regarding the E400's. If we had some variation - back in the day we had Tridents, Spectras, B7's (various bodies), etc etc but now; blurgh.

I mean hell I'll even welcome that MCV or MAN or some other unknown brand just for variation. Not only for myself not to get bored but to make prices low by bargaining various manufacturers against each other - it makes for good business.

It would be dull if we had a fleet of only a few types in a few years to come, I expect NX would go out to competitive tender for their new vehicle requirements, but surely have an idea in mind what they are intending to buy. So, like you say will probably play one manufacturer off against the other to get what they want and cheapest price they can

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on July 01, 2013, 09:19:40 PM

It would be dull if we had a fleet of only a few types in a few years to come, I expect NX would go out to competitive tender for their new vehicle requirements, but surely have an idea in mind what they are intending to buy. So, like you say will probably play one manufacturer off against the other to get what they want and cheapest price they can

But the sad thing is though Winston I can't see them gaining more types. They're obsessed with closing the sale with ADL all thetime, and u I think they're lacking in the quality department. E400's are rattling already. I recall the Tridents new they were solid.
until it cought fire

BU07 LGO

I think some B9 Enviro 400's or Scania's

winston

Quote from: The Rat on July 01, 2013, 09:22:50 PM

But the sad thing is though Winston I can't see them gaining more types. They're obsessed with closing the sale with ADL all thetime, and u I think they're lacking in the quality department. E400's are rattling already. I recall the Tridents new they were solid.

There must be some reason NX are favouring the E400's, after all you'll notice that First Group are now buying E400's as standard over Wright Geminis, may be the E400's offer better fuel consumption?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on July 01, 2013, 09:25:41 PM

There must be some reason NX are favouring the E400's, after all you'll notice that First Group are now buying E400's as standard over Wright Geminis, may be the E400's offer better fuel consumption?

I don't think you could measure the difference if I'm honest.

I think it is the increased after market support.
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Unfortunately, the Enviro seems to be the bus of the moment in London to, you used to see lots of variations there, now most "normal" buses seem to be Enviros whilst the Hybrids are the Wright Gemini B5s & NB4L. Presumably "THE PRICE IS RIGHT" (although the NB4Ls aren't cheap at all)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 01, 2013, 09:24:42 PM
I think some B9 Enviro 400's or Scania's

I can't remember whether Volvo have confirmed the new double decker offering, or are they standardising on the B5LH?

The new single decker will be B8RLE

Do Scania even still offer the Omnicity Double Decker bodywork now? as they haven't won any orders since First took 39 x 61 plate examples for Tfl routes 207/207N some two years ago

PM

To be honest, buying a big batch of scania buses wouldnt be a bad idea as with scania making people redundant at slupsk they want a big order and would give a good deal Im sure so maybe time for some more omnilinks :P

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on July 01, 2013, 09:32:29 PM
To be honest, buying a big batch of scania buses wouldnt be a bad idea as with scania making people redundant at slupsk they want a big order and would give a good deal Im sure so maybe time for some more omnilinks :P

Don't recall seeing anything confirmed with what Scania are intending to offer on the bus side for Euro 6

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Peter123 on July 01, 2013, 09:32:29 PM

Please NO, no more Omnilinks, hate them, would much prefer the B7RLE, a much better bus.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk