News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: Ronnoc on April 16, 2024, 07:26:23 PM. I'm sure some 11A/C deadrun buses still go through it sometimes.
No they don't disciplinary offence
General Discussion, Questions & Route Suggestions / Re: 8A/C Inner Circle
Last post by Stu - April 16, 2024, 07:43:51 PM
Quote from: Ronnoc on April 16, 2024, 05:52:34 PMIn the view of NX, do the current passenger loads warrant a need to upgrade this route to double decks? From what I've seen as a passenger, it sure as hell does. This is all up to the fleet situation at NX ofc, but just wondering.
I did a 'lap' of the 8C one Saturday afternoon a few weeks ago now - yes, I was bored and wanted something different to do!

In my opinion, under 'normal circumstances', the route copes quite well with single decks at its current frequency levels (every 12-15mins).

The problems with overcrowding come when the buses get delayed and start running late, but then the same can be said for any other bus service that uses single decks.
Current signage is 14' 3 with a red circle, meaning E400 MMCs and BYD E400 Cities (and the new E400EV model) can fit under there. The sign used to be triangle not long ago, back then you'd have 14' 5/6 buses going under regularly. I'm sure some 11A/C deadrun buses still go through it sometimes.
National Express West Midlands / Re: Vehicles seen in service, ...
Last post by TGZac - April 16, 2024, 07:00:47 PM
Quote from: karl724223 on April 16, 2024, 05:40:36 PM6832 seen over Halesowen on the 9
Not tracking
6832 is a BC vehicle tracking on the 61 and 6932 (which is what I assume you mean) is tracking on the X10. 
General Discussion, Questions & Route Suggestions / Re: 8A/C Inner Circle
Last post by Stu - April 16, 2024, 07:00:28 PM
Topic split off as nothing to do with BusTimes.

@Jay71 if you can't find an appropriate topic to ask such questions in then please start a new one.

Quote from: Tony on April 16, 2024, 06:17:47 PMYes they can, plenty of double deckers can go under there, but while Perry Barr has a mix of buses that can and can't it's safer just not to run any.
E400MMC's can can't they? Isn't the current signage a red circle.
Quote from: Jack on April 16, 2024, 06:10:36 PMCan't with the current signage at Highgate Road.
Yes they can, plenty of double deckers can go under there, but while Perry Barr has a mix of buses that can and can't it's safer just not to run any.
Quote from: Ronnoc on April 16, 2024, 05:52:34 PMIn the view of NX, do the current passenger loads warrant a need to upgrade this route to double decks? From what I've seen as a passenger, it sure as hell does. This is all up to the fleet situation at NX ofc, but just wondering.
Can't with the current signage at Highgate Road.
Other Operators / Re: Chaserider
Last post by Isle of Stroma - April 16, 2024, 06:00:58 PM
Quote180 in Wednesfield High Street and sounds like a Boeing 737 trying to take off!

Classic, Next Gen or MAX ??
In the view of NX, do the current passenger loads warrant a need to upgrade this route to double decks? From what I've seen as a passenger, it sure as hell does. This is all up to the fleet situation at NX ofc, but just wondering.
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk