News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus routes

Started by Nathan4775, April 30, 2012, 05:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Surprise surprise. Tho Im surprised they decided to sell out to rotala as they were a profitable company. Maybe rotala made them a good offer to this family firm.

Ash

With the new emmission requirements coming into force will the '51' reg cadets be able to enter the city centre as i guess 217/8 wont be allowed

PM

They should be as I think they are euro 2 as the sb120 was only ever built in euro 2/3 form and then it ceased when euro 4 came in. So, it should be okay until January 2013 at which point they could fit traps anyway. To be honest most Diamond routes into the city will be fine its blue diamond that need new buses most.

Ash

Yeah but blue diamond have been getting some of the shorter sarts from Wessex which are only 7/8 years old and are still in overall white but not enough to replace the exisiting older darts that need to be replaced.

PM

And some newsish solos..... tho more need to be bought.

Ash

Wessex seem to have all the new buses new gemini's,omnilinks, fairly new eclipses and the older diamond centro's smart fleet with a great livery i just wish the centro's would return good buses and im sure if diamond new how unsucessful the mcv's were within the company they would not have branded the ones they have for the 50 and 002 as im sure if they will still in the black diamond livery they would be used back on the 404E like before the mcv's

PM

I agree about Wessex tho the vehicles in the u+we livery look horrible. The centros need to return and diamond need to invest in new buses for the west midlands.

Ash

There not in the u+we livery anymore there in wessex red very smart livery probably my favourite in the group

PM

Oh have they all been repainted? Thats good then because the centros in that livery the vdl ones looked absolutely horrendous. Tho i like the blue U18 livery as thats really smart.

What do people make of the signature routes?

MW

Quote from: 4504 on May 15, 2012, 10:23:04 PM

They look nice. The interior is nice. They turn up late regularly though. If Rotala sort out the punctuality, then they'd be excellent. They do get very busy as well.

I agree, rode the 82 today from Solihull Station, I was surprised with the quality of the interior, I also rid a solo on the S2A to Dorridge railway station, seems like passengers really appreciate these buses because even the seats are in mint condition.

Was quite disappointed that the new solos don't have the same whistle sound that the old ones did.

Quote from: Michael on May 15, 2012, 10:25:03 PM

They look nice. The interior is nice. They turn up late regularly though. If Rotala sort out the punctuality, then they'd be excellent. They do get very busy as well.

Nathan4775

I think the Signature buses are amazing, the interors stand out from other blue diamond buses, the only problem is there allways late like Michael said, they jsut need to fix thyis problem 8), I remeber seeing a Signature 82 on the 904 in Sutton when Central Connect now blue diamond operated it
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Liberator9

Let me tell you as a frequent user of the S2 and S3. They are late and unreliable and I myself complained to Centro and their contract could be at threat if they had any more buses fail to turn up. I must say the Mercedes and MCV that turn up each day are great but the Solo Srs, well, awful. They rattle, vibrate and some seats at the back have been vandalled on one. One has a engine that keeps cutting out and it hardly fills you with confidence when this happens. The 82 is excellent though and the 30 is alright, just seems to be always empty. The S2 and S3 have lost passengers massively. When it was NXWM (+40A/C) the Liberators were full of a evening and the Crusaders even had to leave people behind. People are fed up of changes and are put off and resort to their cars which are always there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk