News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

First Bus - Potteries

Started by Ashley, March 15, 2014, 11:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 18, 2014, 10:26:24 PM
What colour is the "Unbranded" buses, for say when one breaks down? Or have I misread it and the "Cherry Red" is Unbranded?

I assume standard First colours will be for the non branded stuff / spares. The 'Cherry Red' front is the first route to be colour coded with more routes to follow in different colours

PM

Potteries is getting streetlits this year? @stuartn If so, nice to see some investment.

Thanks for the info Winston. 31 smart branded eclipses would look brilliant hopefully refurbed. Maybe if Leicester are getting streetlites as I thought then more eclipses can be moved over to Potteries and refurbed...

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 18, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
Potteries is getting streetlits this year? @stuartn If so, nice to see some investment.

Thanks for the info Winston. 31 smart branded eclipses would look brilliant hopefully refurbed. Maybe if Leicester are getting streetlites as I thought then more eclipses can be moved over to Potteries and refurbed...

Further up this thread, it's quoted that the Potteries Streetlites will be diverted from Leicester

PM

Quote from: Winston on May 18, 2014, 11:28:23 PM

Further up this thread, it's quoted that the Potteries Streetlites will be diverted from Leicester

Aah right Winston I see now... 10 being diverted would certainly make a difference and give a real boost to the new First approach with individual route branding...

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 18, 2014, 11:37:13 PM
Quote from: Winston on May 18, 2014, 11:28:23 PM

Aah right Winston I see now... 10 being diverted would certainly make a difference and give a real boost to the new First approach with individual route branding...

Stuartn reckons 12 Streetlites are now due, so maybe things have changed again or they have tagged another two on before/after the batch that were due for Leciester

the trainbasher

Looks like the offspring of a NXWM and first bus...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Quote from: stuartn on May 18, 2014, 11:42:57 PM
It was on another post about the first group order for 2014, it said 12 streetlites for Potteries and 10 for Leicester.

Thanks Stuart :) It seems as if allocations for streetlites are still very much in the air.It still doesn't really seem certain as to how many Worcester will get...

stuartn

it's like Leicesters Enviro400s they were supposed to be branded in bunches but they are allover the place with around 18 of the 35 branded but only 33 are on the road as 33508 and a branded 22 are both off the road.

PM

Quote from: stuartn on May 18, 2014, 11:49:37 PM
it's like Leicesters Enviro400s they were supposed to be branded in bunches but they are allover the place with around 18 of the 35 branded but only 33 are on the road as 33508 and a branded 22 are both off the road.

In fairness though it appears as if they are upping their game across the Midlands and the country as a whole d and c excepted...

winston

Quote from: stuartn on May 18, 2014, 11:42:57 PM
It was on another post about the first group order for 2014, it said 12 streetlites for Potteries and 10 for Leicester.

Stuart,

Are you sure? The list from 'First Group Fans' posted on here doesn't allocate any to Potteries only Leicester
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2537.15

Another revised list here also doesn't still doesn't show anything allocated for Potteries
http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65668&page=234

Bob

According to an article in the sentinel,  the big changes are obviously colour branded routes,  it also mentions 'double deckers to be introduced on busier services" if b7rles are going on the 25s, wonder where the deckers are going to be employed?  The 20? Maybe the Uttoxeter services?

PM

Some Potteries info in this week's route one. New streetlites are coming, routes are being renumbered for a network relaunch in the Summer and other eclipses are being repainted. Best Impressions are also involved in the branding etc of vehicles.

http://www.route-one.net/issues/539/index.html#/14/

Ashley

Have any Ultralows or Fiolines been withdrawn recently? Just so I can update my list for my next jaunt up there

Tony

Quote from: Ashley on May 21, 2014, 10:14:48 PM
Have any Ultralows or Fiolines been withdrawn recently? Just so I can update my list for my next jaunt up there

I have received a new First Group fleetlist correct as as 28 May 2014 today, so the last 3 months changes for Potteries are listed on the front of the main site, and the fleetlist here http://wmbusphotos.com/FirstPotteries/fleetlist.html has been updated to 28/5. I will do Worcester/Hereford and Leicester tomorrow

Ashley

Of the ex Leicester B7L's transferred to Newcastle...

66306 66307 66308 66309 66311 are now in service in the new red livery
66310 was already in use the last time I went up about 6 weeks ago still adorning "Leicester" fleetnames which have now been removed

Didn't see 6f302 or 66303 about today so at a guess they've gone into the paintshop and as for 66303 to have it's seats cleaned which on that note I would like to ask when all these Volvo's moved from Leicester, why did nobody remove all the graffiti from the buses?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk