News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First South Yorkshire

Started by Ashley 4569, August 25, 2013, 11:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylanbusboy45

Yes 35101. Are they on the move as well?

T840MAK

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on February 15, 2016, 08:47:24 PM
Yes 35101. Are they on the move as well?

They're not supposed to be but theres a lot of movements that aren't supposed to be happening at Donny over the next few weeks.

The final Streetdeck, 35137 arrived at Rotherham this morning
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Dylanbusboy45

Ok I will just keep watching your updates on here and the fleet lists.

T840MAK

60621 / R784WKW back in service at Sheffield Olive Grove, sister 60626 seems to have made itself at home on one of the late night boards on the 8/8a
Twitter @TomCousins60054

T840MAK

Whilst I'm here, it's reported that the current B10BLE situation is..:
60618 - MT @ Rotherham
60621 - reserve @ Rotherham
60622 - RTC cover @ Doncaster
60626 - paint cover @ Sheffield
66112 - on loan @ Bolton
66168 - on loan @ Bradford

Doncaster is expected to recieve 14 Streetlites this year with other "new" buses as part of First's commitment to the new Doncaster bus partnership - also means good riddance to the Tridents (twentieth time lucky it seems...)
Unsure of what other movements are happening elsewhere but it wouldn't surprise me if Olive Grove had a new batch of buses this year - possibly deckers to alleviate the ongoing capacity issues - noticeably this has also been named the best First depot in the north of England - although with how my route has been run today (three trips out of the entire day from beginning of morning peak to current running to time, with the rest either >1 minute early or 5< minute late) I really do struggle to see how.

Also worth pointing out that the fare structure has changed with fares in multiples of 50p, with day, month & child tickets remaining at current prices - although the weekly ticket has increased to £13.
Still struggling to justify the price increase on my route with the quality of service but such is life.
Twitter @TomCousins60054

winston

The other 'new' buses due at Doncaster might be 'new' to FSY but they are certainly not brand new, they are Ex Glasgow E300's 

T840MAK

Quote from: Winston on March 30, 2016, 09:36:28 PM
The other 'new' buses due at Doncaster might be 'new' to FSY but they are certainly not brand new, they are Ex Glasgow E300's

That's what I've heard but didn't want to post in case it was a rumour.

Believe what is being replaced at Doncaster is the B10BLEs, Tridents & Euro2 non-DDA B7TLs - although that's slightly more than the numbers which have been quoted as arriving, unless there's a major PVR drop.

Also worth mentioning whilst on the discussion of Doncaster that B7TL 31783 YN53 EOH has had a minor thermal incident. Believe the donor bus for repairs on this is the first B7TL ALX new to Yorkshire Rider - 30846 W701 CWR. The other thermal incidents (61208 JDZ 2130 and 37031 YJ06 XKW) are still under repair.
Twitter @TomCousins60054

winston

Quote from: T840MAK on March 31, 2016, 11:12:13 PM
That's what I've heard but didn't want to post in case it was a rumour.

Believe what is being replaced at Doncaster is the B10BLEs, Tridents & Euro2 non-DDA B7TLs - although that's slightly more than the numbers which have been quoted as arriving, unless there's a major PVR drop.

Also worth mentioning whilst on the discussion of Doncaster that B7TL 31783 YN53 EOH has had a minor thermal incident. Believe the donor bus for repairs on this is the first B7TL ALX new to Yorkshire Rider - 30846 W701 CWR. The other thermal incidents (61208 JDZ 2130 and 37031 YJ06 XKW) are still under repair.

As well as a potential total Pvr drop there will also be a significant capacity drop with single deckers replacing doubles

T840MAK

Quote from: Winston on March 31, 2016, 11:25:24 PM
As well as a potential total Pvr drop there will also be a significant capacity drop with single deckers replacing doubles

A few years ago there was an aim to increase the amount of single deckers in Doncaster due to complaints (crazy huh?), thats kinda already been done when York swapped five of Doncaster's B7TLs for B7Ls, however when there were a large amount of cascades earlier in the year, midibuses were replaced with Sheffield's ex-London Tridents, so it would realistically only be a capacity drop to what is required or what it was before the Sheffield changes.
Twitter @TomCousins60054

winston

Quote from: T840MAK on March 31, 2016, 11:35:10 PM
A few years ago there was an aim to increase the amount of single deckers in Doncaster due to complaints (crazy huh?), thats kinda already been done when York swapped five of Doncaster's B7TLs for B7Ls, however when there were a large amount of cascades earlier in the year, midibuses were replaced with Sheffield's ex-London Tridents, so it would realistically only be a capacity drop to what is required or what it was before the Sheffield changes.

Plus those ex Sheffield / ex London Tridents aren't exactly the most reliable. Sheffield have been offloading a number of those to Kernow recently as well.

Are First still the underdog in Sheffield against Stagecoach?

T840MAK

Quote from: Winston on March 31, 2016, 11:40:38 PM
Plus those ex Sheffield / ex London Tridents aren't exactly the most reliable. Sheffield have been offloading a number of those to Kernow recently as well.

Are First still the underdog in Sheffield against Stagecoach?

Actually it was Doncaster who offloaded them to Kernow (the last three they tried to sent down broke down and so further transfers were cancelled) - we offloaded them to Doncaster.

It's more of an equal playing field between the two now in Sheffield although it seems that every time the PTE reviews the Sheffield routes, First lose work and Stagecoach gain it so I'd assume even the PTE are saying First are the underdogs - although my own personal view is biased after a second day without a single bus running to time on my route..!
Twitter @TomCousins60054

winston

Quote from: T840MAK on March 31, 2016, 11:57:56 PM
Actually it was Doncaster who offloaded them to Kernow (the last three they tried to sent down broke down and so further transfers were cancelled) - we offloaded them to Doncaster.

It's more of an equal playing field between the two now in Sheffield although it seems that every time the PTE reviews the Sheffield routes, First lose work and Stagecoach gain it so I'd assume even the PTE are saying First are the underdogs - although my own personal view is biased after a second day without a single bus running to time on my route..!

Fair enough, I'm a bit out of touch with FSY allocations but do recall the ex London Tridents being particularly troublesome at Oliver Grove. They must be bad if Kernow have refused to take more

T840MAK

Quote from: Winston on April 01, 2016, 12:02:44 AM
Fair enough, I'm a bit out of touch with FSY allocations but do recall the ex London Tridents being particularly troublesome at Oliver Grove. They must be bad if Kernow have refused to take more

I don't think all of them were ever in a serviceable state at one time - it was common for three or four to be VOR at once wanting new engines or engine work done to them, this has continued at Doncaster.

33079/33083/33083 were all making a move to Kernow when 33079 expired on the way down and 33082 developed a fault - noticeably 33079 still hasn't re entered service at Doncaster since.
At one point the Euro2 B7TLs which the Tridents replaced had to be reinstated to cover for the poor reliability - they're still in service now.
Twitter @TomCousins60054

T840MAK

Withdrawn B10BLEs are now starting to make their final trips to Barnsley from Olive Grove with just one left at Rotherham to make the move (60701 / 883)

Removed for scrap so far from Olive Grove are 60696 / 878, 60697 / 879, 60698 / 880, 60699 / 881, 60702 / 884 along with Doncaster B6s 40595 and 40597.
Twitter @TomCousins60054

Tony

Quote from: T840MAK on April 08, 2016, 10:30:42 PM
Withdrawn B10BLEs are now starting to make their final trips to Barnsley from Olive Grove with just one left at Rotherham to make the move (60701 / 883)

Removed for scrap so far from Olive Grove are 60696 / 878, 60697 / 879, 60698 / 880, 60699 / 881, 60702 / 884 along with Doncaster B6s 40595 and 40597.

Some have been raided for spares for preserved  1415 & 1401

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk