News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Recent posts

4131 seen just now at junction 9 Wednesbury.
Quote from: BrumKev86 on Yesterday at 10:09:41 PMWill interesting to see how they go, gotta be near enough 50 miles each way from Bristol to Taunton. I've got the 376 from Bristol to Street before and that's about 30 miles but at least the scenery is nice for most of the route and it don't stop too much.

In terms of the Midlands I agree about the 76 but I haven't quite rode it end to end. Rode it between Solihull and Harborne and that was long enough. Some old routes were long like the 144 between Worcester and Birmingham, when the X20 ran between Stratford and Coventry via Solihull.
Even longer was the X50 which ran to Oxford. The 144 was even longer at one time as it ran to Malvern.
6771 on 25
National Express West Midlands / Re: Buses on loan
Last post by karl724223 - Today at 04:30:19 AM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on Yesterday at 09:21:37 PMHow long is 4722 on the 9 for?
Usually on for the day 😂
Stagecoach / Re: Stagecoach in Coventry & W...
Last post by Sandy Lane - Yesterday at 10:37:08 PM
Following on from Stu's post in the SC Birmingham thread. It is worth showing some of the detail in the Warks thread.

The Department for Transport (DfT) announced today (Friday 21 March 2024) that it would be awarding Warwickshire County Council £4.3 million from its Zero Emission Bus Regional Areas 2 (ZEBRA 2) funding stream to aid with the rollout of electric vehicles in the County.

The funding will see the Council working with key delivery partner, Stagecoach Midlands and Warwick District Council to roll out 27 all electric buses that will serve routes and settlements across Warwickshire.

Thanks to this important funding, the following services will operate electric vehicles:

1 – Warwick Town Centre - Woodloes Park -, Spinney Hill - Leamington Town Centre – Whitnash - South Farm.
4 – Brownsover - Elliotts Field Retail Park - Rugby Rail Station - Rugby Town Centre - Bilton - Admirals Estate - Cawston Grange.
5/5A – Nuneaton Town Centre - Chapel End - Camp Hill - Nuneaton Town Centre.
9 – Nuneaton Town Centre – Stockingford – Nuneaton Town Centre.
10 – Nuneaton Town Centre – Stockingford – Grove Farm.
48A – Nuneaton - Hartshill - Mancetter - Atherstone (extending to Grendon - Dordon - Polesworth - Tamworth on Sundays and Bank Holidays only).

In addition, on Sundays when the Peak Vehicle Requirement (PVR) is reduced on other routes, Stagecoach Midlands have identified Service 77/78 (serving rural settlements in the Stratford-upon-Avon District via Kineton) on which all-electric buses can be used.
Certainly not the longest distance but must be the route that takes the longest and most convoluted way to go not very far - Kev's 55 takes 1 hour 49 to get from Quinton to Longbridge.
Quote from: fleetline6477 on Yesterday at 09:03:48 PMI know its outside West Midlands, 2 new First West of England routes starting on 7th April

374 Bristol - Taunton
375 Bristol - Bridgwater both 3h 10 minutes end to end
Will interesting to see how they go, gotta be near enough 50 miles each way from Bristol to Taunton. I've got the 376 from Bristol to Street before and that's about 30 miles but at least the scenery is nice for most of the route and it don't stop too much.

In terms of the Midlands I agree about the 76 but I haven't quite rode it end to end. Rode it between Solihull and Harborne and that was long enough. Some old routes were long like the 144 between Worcester and Birmingham, when the X20 ran between Stratford and Coventry via Solihull.
Stagecoach / Re: Stagecoach in Birmingham
Last post by Stu - Yesterday at 10:08:01 PM
Quote from: BBS on Yesterday at 06:44:02 PMRugby, Leamington and Nuneaton to get electrics, may see these Birmingham service get those too
Nope, not for Birmingham routes:
https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/news/article/5090/zero-emission-buses-are-set-for-warwickshire-roads-thanks-to-new-funding
Stagecoach / Re: Stagecoach in Birmingham
Last post by Rachvince53 - Yesterday at 09:56:49 PM
Quote from: Sandy Lane on Yesterday at 09:24:18 PMHave you got any more gen?
If the funding is from ZEBRA 2 I believe it may only be intended for bus routes in Warwickshire so may not cover Birmingham as well?
Correct. According to Warwickshire County Council,  the new buses will be used on certain local services in the Warwick District Council area plus Stratford-upon-Avon services 77/78 on Sundays when fewer buses are needed elsewhere.
Other Operators / Re: Centrebus
Last post by Magikrabby - Yesterday at 09:36:18 PM
Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on Yesterday at 03:58:00 PMAre you a uni student? As I thought you'd need to be to use the uni shuttle?
I am indeed. The service is for UoL students only. 

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on Yesterday at 03:58:00 PMIs it Euro 6? If it is (I think it is) then hopefully might make an appearance on 22! (Perhaps once all are at depot)!
I would have thought that they are, considering the B9s were originally intended for the 22.

Easter holiday starts tomorrow, which means a reduced uni service, so I think there is a high chance it will appear on the 22. Although I am under the impression that Grantham's deckers are intended for the uni shuttle (which is most welcome because even with a 5 minute service at peak, single deckers dont cut it).
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk