News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

Quote from: don on October 04, 2017, 01:34:55 AM
From a customer perspective sounds like a pile of stuff and nonsense - the drivers concerned need sacking or retraining. Since time immemorial empty buses have followed behind full buses as a result of traffic congestion, and then let the front man do all the work (and customers suffer). Sounds like the 9 needs some decent competition to get NXWM to pull its socks up!!
While there is no doubt that some drivers are complete jobsworths who have no desire to offer a good service to passengers or their employers, in my experience as a driver there is usually a valid reason for doing this which passengers have no real appreciation of. These days with the live trackers on buses it is easy to end up in hot water for running early if you are not careful. This can sometime mean that a bus needs to remain behind another at a stop so as not to leave that timing point early. It is also sometimes the driver of the first bus not being sensible that can cause this. If I am late and a bus behind catches me up, if I have to stop and let passengers off and there are other passengers who wish to get on at the stop, I will stop a little past the stop so that the bus behind can then pull in behind and let those passengers on. By doing this it shows the driver behind that you wish them to take those passengers. If the first bus stops normally, you can't expect the second bus to let people on as well as the second bus driver cannot tell how full the first bus is.
Another reason is also simple reasoning that it is better to have one bus running 10 minutes late and the one behind on time than to have both running late because they are both having to stop at each stop.

Trident 4194

Quote from: j789 on October 04, 2017, 08:08:11 PM
While there is no doubt that some drivers are complete jobsworths who have no desire to offer a good service to passengers or their employers, in my experience as a driver there is usually a valid reason for doing this which passengers have no real appreciation of. These days with the live trackers on buses it is easy to end up in hot water for running early if you are not careful. This can sometime mean that a bus needs to remain behind another at a stop so as not to leave that timing point early. It is also sometimes the driver of the first bus not being sensible that can cause this. If I am late and a bus behind catches me up, if I have to stop and let passengers off and there are other passengers who wish to get on at the stop, I will stop a little past the stop so that the bus behind can then pull in behind and let those passengers on. By doing this it shows the driver behind that you wish them to take those passengers. If the first bus stops normally, you can't expect the second bus to let people on as well as the second bus driver cannot tell how full the first bus is.
Another reason is also simple reasoning that it is better to have one bus running 10 minutes late and the one behind on time than to have both running late because they are both having to stop at each stop.

I can see why they do it in in bus stops, but to not stop in the bus station I think is out of order. Instead the 9 will clog up and use someone else's stand before leaving with no consideration for other customers. This isn't taking into account potential pushchairs or wheelchair users who may not be able to board the first available bus. It's a total disgrace in my opinion

don

My post was a little tongue in cheek but D378's response was very reasonable.

I can only guess that the drivers Trident 4194 refers to in the bus station are of the less customer focussed type we were referring to. I'm guessing this is the same bus station where you were referring to an inspector issue a little while back - if there's an inspector there you would have thought they could sort this out?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Dom

Quote from: don on October 05, 2017, 01:13:49 AM
My post was a little tongue in cheek but D378's response was very reasonable.

I can only guess that the drivers Trident 4194 refers to in the bus station are of the less customer focussed type we were referring to. I'm guessing this is the same bus station where you were referring to an inspector issue a little while back - if there's an inspector there you would have thought they could sort this out?

There is no inspector based at Halesowen. There is a TfWM supervisor. If @Trident 4194 has an issue, then he should speak to the TfWM supervisor on duty.

Trident 4194

3 non platinum vehicles on x10 I believe- 2 mmcs and 4430

karl724223

One plat had Rta yesterday and one X10 had a Rta today up brum

Trident 4194

Quote from: karl724223 on October 05, 2017, 05:09:10 PM
One plat had Rta yesterday and one X10 had a Rta today up brum

That doesn't sound good then? Easily repairable?

pndriver

Who's the bus enthusiast with dark hair, glasses and diamond uniform claiming to be a diamond driver to get free travel ?

Didn't get very far did you?

MW

Quote from: pndriver on October 07, 2017, 05:38:31 PM
Who's the bus enthusiast with dark hair, glasses and diamond uniform claiming to be a diamond driver to get free travel ?

Didn't get very far did you?

Some right nutters aren't they? You see kids wearing NXWM uniform as well.

Jack

Quote from: MW on October 07, 2017, 08:02:59 PM
You see them all the time in Sutton.

DJ

Quote from: MW on October 07, 2017, 08:02:59 PM

I've seen uniforms and stuff up for sale on eBay in the past, but I never thought people would try and deceive drivers into thinking they are staff. It does make me think that ex-staff should be required to return the uniform, but I'm not sure if that would even be legal.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Trident 4194

Streetdecks enjoy running NIS today?

443*-9

the trainbasher

Does anyone know when PN will accept contactless on their services

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BK63 YWP

Aren't they only at Perry Barr at the moment, probably by start of 2018 but I think the main garages will get them first i.e. BC, WN and Walsall
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Quote from: Chris on October 10, 2017, 09:11:19 PM
Aren't they only at Perry Barr at the moment, probably by start of 2018 but I think the main garages will get them first i.e. BC, WN and Walsall

I was speaking to one of the people in charge of the new machine installation and he said after PB they were moving to Bordsley, then WV, then WB.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk