News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Reserve B6 518 is currently parked up in the top corner of Pensnett garage facing the face; I'm assuming it's more likely to be for spares/engine donor rather than service. There was also an NXWM liveried Merc parked alongside also facing the fence.

At lunchtime, I noted 6 Enviros parked up in the garage not being used between the peaks, that's a fifth of the Enviro fleet. Surely not the efficient use of double deck resources, can the 9 timetable not be re-jigged in the peaks to reduce the total Pvr?

Nathan4775

Quote from: winston on May 18, 2012, 05:33:57 PM
Reserve B6 518 is currently parked up in the top corner of Pensnett garage facing the face; I'm assuming it's more likely to be for spares/engine donor rather than service. There was also an NXWM liveried Merc parked alongside also facing the fence.

At lunchtime, I noted 6 Enviros parked up in the garage not being used between the peaks, that's a fifth of the Enviro fleet. Surely not the efficient use of double deck resources, can the 9 timetable not be re-jigged in the peaks to reduce the total Pvr?

So if there was 6 enviros Parked up in PE surley 2 could have been placed on X96  ::)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Probably non-servicable! maybe they have faults or are waiting to be repainted into that dreadful........
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

I can't imagine they would be thinking of repainting the Enviro's anytime soon, there only 3 years old and all in the new livery! Even when all the Enviro's are on the road there are still always some around PE so totally agree that some sort of solution needs to be found, as over the last couple of years PE routes have just got busier and busier

Tomjusttom

It's called having spares available incase a bus fails and also called off peak.

richie

Does anyone know if 4826 has returned from paint shop yet?

Tony

It was in the spray booth at Walsall yesterday, so I expect they will be finishing it  Monday

richie

its been away for about 3 weeks is it having a different livery or route branding does anyone know? and thanks tony

matt904102

The o.405 parked next to 518 is 1588 which was involved in an accident last week (major front end damage).

winston

Thanks Matt,

Quote from: matt904102 on May 19, 2012, 03:19:13 PM
The o.405 parked next to 518 is 1588 which was involved in an accident last week (major front end damage).

winston

There are plenty of full size single deckers available to be used for spares, should the need arise. I'm well aware it was off peak.

The point I was trying to make, is that such a high proportion of double deckers are parked up in the garage during the peaks. Pensnett garage could do with further double deckers allocated as it is to help increase carrying capacity in the peaks, so why not utilize the resources you do have more efficiently. Another option may be that BC could take on further peak No 9 workings to allow the Enviros to be utilized all day on other busy running boards operated by Pensnett.

Quote from: Tomjusttom on May 19, 2012, 12:29:19 AM
It's called having spares available incase a bus fails and also called off peak.

richie

Quote from: winston on May 19, 2012, 06:22:56 PM
There are plenty of full size single deckers available to be used for spares, should the need arise. I'm well aware it was off peak.

The point I was trying to make, is that such a high proportion of double deckers are parked up in the garage during the peaks. Pensnett garage could do with further double deckers allocated as it is to help increase carrying capacity in the peaks, so why not utilize the resources you do have more efficiently. Another option may be that BC could take on further peak No 9 workings to allow the Enviros to be utilized all day on other busy running boards operated by Pensnett.

Quote from: Tomjusttom on May 19, 2012, 12:29:19 AM

Sadly NX don't run in harmony as a company garages are run seperatly as if they are in competition with others im sure Pensnett would rather fill up single decks on the 246 and run as many 9's as possible they wouldn't want to loose boards to another garage and could probably take the boards that BC and WB run and make more money than say the 205 and cut it in an ideal world. If only NX looked at the bigger picture sometimes!

winston

1629 was parked up in Pensnett garage this morning & appears to have gained a front LED destination at least

Is 1629 branded for the X96 by any chance?

Quote from: winston on May 28, 2012, 12:12:14 PM
1629 was parked up in Pensnett garage this morning & appears to have gained a front LED destination at least

winston

Don't think so yet, but could only seen the front

Quote from: 4504 on May 28, 2012, 12:14:49 PM
Is 1629 branded for the X96 by any chance?

Quote from: winston on May 28, 2012, 12:12:14 PM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk