News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Banga buses

Started by Liberator9, April 08, 2012, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

Quote from: Andrew on May 18, 2014, 09:39:55 AM
Quote from: NXDom on May 18, 2014, 09:08:38 AM
@Nathan with a bit of luck it will only be on sundays and evenings, i really don't want banga making the 82 look rubbish.

NX B6's and arriva darts don't exactly make the route look special though do they.
@Andrew Yeah but having 'vans' on the route which also don't have proper terminus displays, even some of the solo's don't have perfect fully functioning terminus displays, unlike arrive and NX, have you gathered i LOVE banga. :)

andrew1991

Quote from: NXDom on May 18, 2014, 09:45:18 AM
@Nathan with a bit of luck it will only be on sundays and evenings, i really don't want banga making the 82 look rubbish.

NX B6's and arriva darts don't exactly make the route look special though do they.
@Andrew Yeah but having 'vans' on the route which also don't have proper terminus displays, even some of the solo's don't have perfect fully functioning terminus displays, unlike arrive and NX, have you gathered i LOVE banga. :)

The 'vans' don't really have that long left now though. I'm guessing they will be using their best buses on the route to try and sway nx customers, obviously they won't get the students as they  have travelcards, but there are a lot of pushchairs along the route and with nx only accepting 2 it leaves passengers for banga

domino.99

Quote from: Andrew on May 18, 2014, 10:04:09 AM

The 'vans' don't really have that long left now though. I'm guessing they will be using their best buses on the route to try and sway nx customers, obviously they won't get the students as they  have travelcards, but there are a lot of pushchairs along the route and with nx only accepting 2 it leaves passengers for banga
There aren't as many as routes such as the 81 and ill say now i will NEVER get on the banga version, no matter what!

andrew1991

Quote from: NXDom on May 18, 2014, 10:09:35 AM
Quote from: Andrew on May 18, 2014, 10:04:09 AM

There aren't as many as routes such as the 81 and ill say now i will NEVER get on the banga version, no matter what!

You say that now, what if this is the making of banga buses. This time next year they could be investing in brand new Solo' or Streetlites have their own travelcards and a bigger network. NX may even withdraw their 82 due to nearly all passengers moving to banga buses. I know it's unlikely but it could happen lol

Westy

From what I've read in the past about Banga, they seem to be behaving themselves these days.

Our equivalent of the old style Banga over in Walsall was A2Z & look what happened to them!

domino.99

Content Removed* Due To Libellous Content.

Before posting negative things about a company, please provide proof.

*Subsequent Reply Also Deleted.

Naturally, the kindest of Regards, LS.

Westy

Quote from: NXDom on May 18, 2014, 04:11:45 PM
Content Removed* Due To Libellous Content.

Before posting negative things about a company, please provide proof.

*Subsequent Reply Also Deleted.

Naturally, the kindest of Regards, LS.

Shame I didn't see what it was.

domino.99

The post was just me saying certain things, which i shall not explain, i have seen drivers of Banga doing.

on a different point i believe banga only have a few low floor buses so why would parents with pushchairs use this when you will odds are only get a couple of buses a day that have pushchair slots.

domino.99

Has any more info come out on the Banga 82?

andrew1991

Quote from: NXDom on May 26, 2014, 12:59:11 PM

Just seen a banga bread van pulling out of wrens nest road into parkes hall road with a couple of drivers on it

domino.99

Quote from: Andrew on May 28, 2014, 10:29:45 AM
Quote from: NXDom on May 26, 2014, 12:59:11 PM

Just seen a banga bread van pulling out of wrens nest road into parkes hall road with a couple of drivers on it
Oh great its actually happening i wasnt dreaming.

j_rp_wright

Without small companies like banga NX would have a monopoly on all services!.. You would also find fares would be a lot higher!.. That's why buses were privatised!!..  I have caught Banga buses and their drivers are friendly and give a more personal service. NX on the other hand well! I know I'm a former driver!lol. As for breadvan buses many of the larger independents started with these so don't knock them!.. They will soon be gone...

andrew1991

Quote from: j_rp_wright on May 28, 2014, 04:24:08 PM
Without small companies like banga NX would have a monopoly on all services!.. You would also find fares would be a lot higher!.. That's why buses were privatised!!..  I have caught Banga buses and their drivers are friendly and give a more personal service. NX on the other hand well! I know I'm a former driver!lol. As for breadvan buses many of the larger independents started with these so don't knock them!.. They will soon be gone...

I'm not knocking them, i used to like the bread vans twm had on the 223 when i was younger  8)

Stu

Quote from: j_rp_wright on May 28, 2014, 04:24:08 PM

I do agree with that sentiment; NX get criticised for having a monopoly on bus services in the West Midlands, and then the smaller operators get chastised for not being NX!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Solo1

the changes to banga 535 5 trips info on stafs cc website

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk