News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy41

Quote from: MW on March 09, 2018, 09:09:08 PM
I've heard this one was already knackered. One of the 16 plate Enviros had an engine warning light buzzing at you when you rev more than 1500rpm. This was the one used on the S1 before Diamond took over. At the time, the driver reckoned that Central aren't bothering with the fleet now that they've sold out. Fair enough, I wouldn't either. But this Optare must be the same case.

'The driver reckoned....'

If I believed everything a driver had reckoned in 25 years of working in the bus industry I wouldn't know anything.

There are 3 16 plate E200's and the S1 rarely got the same bus day in day out so not sure how that can be the case? Perhaps you should have asked him if he'd been putting the fault on his VCR at the same time as gassing to you about it?

The Optare Versa is 10 years old. It, like any 10 year old bus belonging to anybody, can break down at any given moment. But it's much more fun to accuse a professional mechanic of failing to do his job.

MW

Quote from: andy41 on March 10, 2018, 12:06:40 AM
'The driver reckoned....'

If I believed everything a driver had reckoned in 25 years of working in the bus industry I wouldn't know anything.

There are 3 16 plate E200's and the S1 rarely got the same bus day in day out so not sure how that can be the case? Perhaps you should have asked him if he'd been putting the fault on his VCR at the same time as gassing to you about it?

The Optare Versa is 10 years old. It, like any 10 year old bus belonging to anybody, can break down at any given moment. But it's much more fun to accuse a professional mechanic of failing to do his job.

In the last few weeks of the S1, the same Enviro 200 was used, and every so often, one of the Metrocitys. I know it was the same one because of the fault. I looked at it multiple times. I also route learned the S1 on the same bus. Boarded it at least three times within two weeks. Same fault.

Jack

4573 broke down earlier on Carrs Lane.

Dom

Quote from: Jack on March 10, 2018, 03:57:55 PM
4573 broke down earlier on Carrs Lane.

Was there with a driver for about an hour then with an engineer for at least 2-3 hours nefore being towed away around 3-4pm.

37351ml

4247 on the 20.13 48 from WB to Northfield  burst on the hill near hurst road when attempting to climb the hill. Driver said it was a driveshaft problem and it blocked the road unable to move. The 48 heading towards wb couldn’t get past it and had to reverse back. Help arrived just after 21.00 with the oak lane breakdown van and soho road branded 4973 which took over 4247’s board. 4973 was on the move shortly after 21.05 leaving 4247 there with the engineers having a look over it.

Trident 4194

4443- 246 Stourbridge bus station- looked like it was being charged?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 14, 2018, 06:37:34 PM
4443- 246 Stourbridge bus station- looked like it was being charged?

Every bus that goes into Stourbridge bus station is charged. That's how the cover the running costs :-)

Jack6101

Hybrid broke down at causeway green around 5:30 ( on 126 )
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

fleetline6477

If a bus breaks down do engineers from the local depot or the vehicle's depot attend?

For example a 126 breaks down at Five Ways would BC engineers attend to see if bus could be fixed or need to wait for WN engineers?

John

4779 (if i remember right) broke down on the 67 this morning between 8 and 9am at the stop after Aston Cross City bound, dumping all the passengers onto my already 25 minute late bus. It was still there at half 12 this afternoon, I imagine waiting for a tow truck

Trident 4194

30850 parked with hazards on by fox hunt on 4H looks like replaced by 20744

Jack D

55 broken down at Longmeadow Crescent today around 13:00 was replaced.

RobQuinton

4276 broken down on Priory Rd, presumably on the 1. It was there before 9.30am and later on tow on Salisbury Rd, Moseley en route to AG probably

Michael Bevan

4475 has broken down on the Aldridge Road between Holford Drive and Wellhead Lane...It's currently blocking the left lane, causing traffic to start backing up onto the Kingstanding Road...

Trident 4194

30409 broke down- seemed to be working perfectly well before in fact driver said its driving ok

4443 causing havoc on the ring road don't think broken down but hazards on just as you exit ring road. Exchanging paper work- still running on the 246 now

3301 broke down in Halesowen- brakes related driver said to supervisor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk