News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Sunny Travel

Started by Tony, July 05, 2012, 07:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

How big is sunny travels yard if it now has
some of the city line buses there as well

Steveminor

They own the industrial estate across from their garage so they have loads of space

Isle of Stroma

Noticed this afternoon at 15:53 on East Meadway (that well known road on the 71E route - NOT), V563JBH. Driver merrily messing around with his 'phone instead of paying attention to the road...

trident4370

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on January 22, 2014, 10:28:22 PM
Noticed this afternoon at 15:53 on East Meadway (that well known road on the 71E route - NOT), V563JBH. Driver merrily messing around with his 'phone instead of paying attention to the road...

There's a Joes Travel driver who uses his phone at the wheel, amazes me how reckless the little guys can be...

Matt.N0056

one of their buses was driving along Lode Lane around half 5/6 today with the bonnet open!

Steveminor

The bonnet latch has now been replaced in that bus so it shouldn't happen again.
On a side note when AMPM were in the 110 I was route training a driver, when we pulled up in sutton the arriva driver behind ran up to tell us the bonnet was open. We closed it as he drove off. We then had to catch him up to tell him his bonnet was open. By the time both buses reached tamworth both bonnets were open again. But this didn't happen to either bus again on subsequent trips

Rob H

Does anybody know whether P954RUL has gone for repaint into Pink & Purple (UNO) Livery? Because I haven't seen it for short while
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on January 22, 2014, 10:28:22 PM

... & today at 15:35, 'Santa' eating his crisps whilst driving V573 in service. At least this guy was on route though.

Steveminor

It's far too cold to paint yet. It's still around & only had a day off for its inspection as far as I'm aware

Steveminor

I've been told that 2 more of the ex city line darts are almost ready to go for their mot's once they have the final 2 step entry darts will be retired & scrapped.
The length of time it has taken to get these 2 city line darts ready just shows how unready city line were for their service. Not my words but " it's as if they had no intention of ever putting a bus on the road"

Rob H

V564JBH is the latest addition to ST I managed to get a pic of it on Moorend Avenue heading for Solihull this morning link is below.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/114083385@N05/14237353755/
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Rob on May 21, 2014, 02:16:01 PM
V564JBH is the latest addition to ST I managed to get a pic of it on Moorend Avenue heading for Solihull this morning link is below.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/114083385@N05/14237353755/

They have started to clean up the pink/purple livery on some of the darts. looks much better.

Rob H

W577XRO has had its livery cleaned up and is now exactly the same as V564JBH in the pic but I do agree with you @Matt.N0056 they do look a bit smarter now they've had their livery cleaned up . :)

Also T102KGP is now in UNO Livery :)
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

Solo1

Rob H

P954RUL is now in UNO Livery seen it in Chelsmley Wood this morning