News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Kev's Cars & Coaches

Started by Adam 404, January 09, 2018, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justlookingaround

PD1022055/2 Registered (Short notice)
KEVS CARS & COACHES LIMITED
Route: Bromsgrove Rail Station to Halesowen Bus Station via Catshill
Service number: 147
Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 12 Mar 2018

Kevin

Quote from: justlookingaround on March 07, 2018, 03:59:14 PM
PD1022055/2 Registered (Short notice)
KEVS CARS & COACHES LIMITED
Route: Bromsgrove Rail Station to Halesowen Bus Station via Catshill
Service number: 147
Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 12 Mar 2018

But it's already running?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin on March 07, 2018, 06:17:42 PM

They trying to run it commercially? only a guess

the trainbasher

Quote from: metrocity on March 07, 2018, 01:02:24 PM
I would have thought all Worcestershire County Council contracts stipulate that a DDA compliant vehicle is provided at all times however?

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the vehicle in question may had a rear ramp for wheelchairs so would that not solve the DDA question?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Quote from: Kevin on March 07, 2018, 06:17:42 PM
Looks like A variation to the route or timetable?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

B61 ANDREW

Full-spec Solo YJ62FYZ on the 147 this afternoon.  :)

Solo1

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on March 07, 2018, 08:10:46 PM
Full-spec Solo YJ62FYZ on the 147 this afternoon.  :)
photo on flicr of the solo Sr

B61 ANDREW

Hi all. Did anyone get the full reg of the"15" plate Solo on the 147 today please ??   :-[

B61 ANDREW

Got a bit closer to the vehicle in question this afternoon - YJ15ARF - a fifteen [ !! ] seater Solo. All in white  , maybe on loan until the ex EYMS Primos get on the road ?  I could not see any legal lettering.  :D

Cheese

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on March 09, 2018, 04:14:26 PM
Got a bit closer to the vehicle in question this afternoon - YJ15ARF - a fifteen [ !! ] seater Solo. All in white  , maybe on loan until the ex EYMS Primos get on the road ?  I could not see any legal lettering.  :D

Just had a ride on this from Bromsgrove to Halesowen. Not the most comfortable of buses I have ever been on!

B61 ANDREW

From what I could see of this bus and with the photo's on Flickr , it appears that most of the seats are on the rear/raised part whilst the lower area is for wheelchairs and buggies.

Trident 4194

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on March 10, 2018, 01:51:42 PM
From what I could see of this bus and with the photo's on Flickr , it appears that most of the seats are on the rear/raised part whilst the lower area is for wheelchairs and buggies.

Do you have a link to these photos @B61 ANDREW

Kevin

Quote from: Cheese on March 10, 2018, 11:56:30 AM
Just had a ride on this from Bromsgrove to Halesowen. Not the most comfortable of buses I have ever been on!

Just done the same, and I have to agree those seats are horrible. Originally thought it was kinda comfortably padded but the angle and the headrest proved otherwise
There was just me on board for this journey but 8 people boarded in Halesowen, so over half full already haha
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Cheese

Quote from: Kevin on March 10, 2018, 03:49:16 PM
Just done the same, and I have to agree those seats are horrible. Originally thought it was kinda comfortably padded but the angle and the headrest proved otherwise
There was just me on board for this journey but 8 people boarded in Halesowen, so over half full already haha

Aye, it very quickly became apparent that those seats are not really designed for adults.  I did it the other way from Bromsgrove station, was pretty empty until Romsley when it got very cosy, particularly on ther back row, luckily I think they all knew one another!  Solo performed well up the hills however, although I do think those little Solo SR SEs are very odd to look at, like they came free in a box of cornflakes...

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 10, 2018, 02:01:24 PM
Do you have a link to these photos @B61 ANDREW

Go to the Flickr home page and type in the vehicle reg. I find it very useful if I see a vehicle but do not know who operates it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk