News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Price Changes 2018

Started by Jack D, December 08, 2017, 11:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack D

Westy

Well Diamond has mentioned theirs already!

Tony

Quote from: 979 on December 09, 2017, 07:39:58 AM
Most fares ain't changing.
Quote from this weeks business brief
"In NXWM, our cash singles and daysavers won't change" so still anywhere after 09:30 is £4.00

meanwhile in Stagecoach Manchester
Adult Single fares
£1.30 to £1.60 revised to  £1.50
£1.70 to £2.20 revised to  £2.00
£2.30 to £2.60 revised to  £2.50
£2.80 to £3.00 revised to  £3.00
£3.30 to £3.40 revised to  £3.50
£4.00 to £4.10 revised to  £4.00

So £4.00 will get you a single journey on the longest routes!

winston

Meanwhile Explore Dundee are hiking single cash fares by +10p for second year in a row, whilst reducing daysavers by -10p
https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/xplore-dundee-announces-price-increase-bus-fares/

And still no hint of any new fleet investment.

BK63 YWP

I like the freeze in prices and also the planned direct debit for the Sandwell and Dudley area tickets sounds like an excellent idea to save people more money.

Nice to see NX offer concessionary £1 single pre 9.30
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stu

Quote from: JPC on December 15, 2017, 07:09:27 PM
NX West Midlands:
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/national-express-west-midlands-fares-changes-2018

NX Coventry:
http://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/news/national-express-coventry-fares-changes-2018

That should stop a lot of the annual moaning about "fare increases are always on time, shame the buses aren't" etc ;)

I like the introduction of the pre-9:30 single fare for concessionary pass holders, that's a good move.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Quote from: Chris on December 15, 2017, 08:00:04 PM
I like the freeze in prices and also the planned direct debit for the Sandwell and Dudley area tickets sounds like an excellent idea to save people more money.

Nice to see NX offer concessionary £1 single pre 9.30

'Nice to see'. Frankly I find it riduculous that nx have had the nerve for god knows how many years to charge full price. for most the elderly generation have worked incredibly hard, and so to be charged the same price as a adult is an insult to them. Not only that diamond have been doing that for years but I bet you didn't praise them when they offered the £1 fare. Of course not.

BK63 YWP

Maybe because diamond has done it for years, if diamond are to be praised why don't they cut their fares to increase competition?

X10 Gornal Wood

j789

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 15, 2017, 08:04:58 PM
'Nice to see'. Frankly I find it riduculous that nx have had the nerve for god knows how many years to charge full price. for most the elderly generation have worked incredibly hard, and so to be charged the same price as a adult is an insult to them. Not only that diamond have been doing that for years but I bet you didn't praise them when they offered the £1 fare. Of course not.

Sorry this is rubbish. The current working generation also works incredibly hard too so it should not be a given to provide cheap fares for older folk pre 9:30. These times are for workers and school children and it is totally wrong to give a discount to a certain group when children would still be paying more. Equally, I'm assuming these oaps would expect a seat on the rammed morning peak services, at the expense of paying adults and children which again is not fair. I treat each passenger on my bus the same and, unless the passenger had a need for a seat due to lack of mobility etc, would not expect a child passenger to move for them. Cue lots of abuse about the lack of respect from the younger generation!

Trident 4194

Quote from: j789 on December 15, 2017, 08:31:35 PM
Sorry this is rubbish. The current working generation also works incredibly hard too so it should not be a given to provide cheap fares for older folk pre 9:30. These times are for workers and school children and it is totally wrong to give a discount to a certain group when children would still be paying more. Equally, I'm assuming these oaps would expect a seat on the rammed morning peak services, at the expense of paying adults and children which again is not fair. I treat each passenger on my bus the same and, unless the passenger had a need for a seat due to lack of mobility etc, would not expect a child passenger to move for them. Cue lots of abuse about the lack of respect from the younger generation!

I agree about them being charged before peak time, but at a reduced cost as is now the case

Westy

Have we got the Nbus prices yet?

Interested in Nbus Black Country monthly adult.

BK63 YWP

My nbus will go up by £3 to 64.50

X10 Gornal Wood

:D

Can we clarify whether the £1 fare includes disabled concessionary holders?

I personally think the £1 fare is a good move, especially for the disabled mainly because it encourages them to use bus when they would be driving instead.

The choice between paying £30 a month for pre-9:30 bus pass or driving a car that costs more but is far more convenient, I know fair a few who choose the latter.

Also, not many don't travel during peak period often enough either, so they pay full adult fare instead of discounted £30 for the bus pass.

Buses are going to run already, so it recoups the missed opportunity cost. I'm sure having an extra or two passengers per bus during peak time wouldn't ruin anything.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk