Author Topic: Railway Photography  (Read 118 times)

Offline DJ98

• Reached the ton
    • View Profile
Railway Photography
« on: October 12, 2017, 10:16:41 PM »
Noticed there wasn't a thread for train photos, so I thought I'd start one.

Caught 390010 passing through Tipton with it's new livery earlier today. I was using a loaned camera from Wolves uni, and had it set to manual as I was doing some landscape photography, so the shutter speed was too slow for it, but hey, it still came out okay.

An unidentified London Midland 350 approaches Tipton heading towards Birmingham New Street.

Finally, an unknown Virgin Trains West Coast 390 speeds past the canal at Tipton, heading in the direction of Wolverhampton.

Offline windy miller

• Lots of posts
  • Awerdinurea
    • View Profile
Re: Railway Photography
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:54:30 AM »
   Hi I had wondered how you were able to load your photo's to the forum page? have they been cropped? I was under the impression that photo's were generally far too big TBH...I have always uploaded any worthwhile photos direct to Tony for inclusion in his catalogue. They seem to find their way there eventually!    Are we starting a new album with this thread?.... :-\
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:05:33 AM by windy miller »
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Offline MW

• Very regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 01:19:56 AM »
   Hi I had wondered how you were able to load your photo's to the forum page? have they been cropped? I was under the impression that photo's were generally far too big TBH...I have always uploaded any worthwhile photos direct to Tony for inclusion in his catalogue. They seem to find their way there eventually!    Are we starting a new album with this thread?.... :-\

Probably uploading them to an external site and using the direct link in the 'image' function.

[ img ]http://PUT LINK HERE [ /img ]   < put your link to your image in the middle, without the spaces in between the brackets. You need the direct link so it'll end in something like .jpg or .png depending on the file type you want to attach.

It'd be better if you guys carried on giving the photos to Tony tbh, as this thread won't have any organisation after a few pages.

Offline DJ98

• Reached the ton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 10:40:10 AM »
Probably uploading them to an external site and using the direct link in the 'image' function.

[ img ]http://PUT LINK HERE [ /img ]   < put your link to your image in the middle, without the spaces in between the brackets. You need the direct link so it'll end in something like .jpg or .png depending on the file type you want to attach.

Yeah, that's how I usually do it, but I tend to click Preview first before posting, as then it'll automatically reduce them to the right size for the forum.

Offline windy miller

• Lots of posts
  • Awerdinurea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 04:02:25 PM »
 thanks both I don't have a degree in Mi6 so I'll stick with the usual method  :)
Mind the Gap.....?:-)